Whats for Dinner?

Dave

Staff member
I had actual ramen tonight for the first time. Spicy Oni Ramen. Could have used more pork - it only had 3 thin fatty slivers. But it was overall very tasty. I'm going to have to learn how to make it myself, I think.

I used to cook professionally so at home I'll make the laziest meals possible. Here I have some salmon and scallops I have defrosted, wrap in paper and a clean dish towel to dry out in the fridge, and lightly coated in oil and salt. I cooked them for a few minutes in the air fryer, to sear, and served them with a side of soy beans steamed in the microwave. (the salmon was a little dry so when I cook more of it I will cook the scallops first then add the fish near the end)

I didn't make dinner tonight. Had dinner at an upscale Mediterannean restaurant nearby. It was super classy. The inside looked like a rustic french place, but upscale. I was super surprised to find such fare in Tyler, TX.

I had blanc de poulet campagnard..chicken breast, stuffed with mushrooms, topped with cheese and duxelles, and baked in puff pastry. It was so damn delicious!

1637802736789.png

Half my meals are now soylent. At least I'm not missing meals anymore. Lost 30 pounds from not eating every day

I didn't make dinner tonight. Had dinner at an upscale Mediterannean restaurant nearby. It was super classy. The inside looked like a rustic french place, but upscale. I was super surprised to find such fare in Tyler, TX.

I had blanc de poulet campagnard..chicken breast, stuffed with mushrooms, topped with cheese and duxelles, and baked in puff pastry. It was so damn delicious!

View attachment 39545
Nearby? Though you were in the DFW area.

Got some oats simmering. Should be enough for two or three days so I'm not just living on soylent and kratom. Need a new car battery so I might have some bananas and oranges delivered if any grocery stores are still open tomorrow

Edit: little salty but with honey and soy milk this will taste good

Edit 2: out of honey but I had blueberries. They'll mix with that salt as they break down and make this delicious

Last edited:
Got some oats simmering. Should be enough for two or three days so I'm not just living on soylent and kratom. Need a new car battery so I might have some bananas and oranges delivered if any grocery stores are still open tomorrow

Edit: little salty but with honey and soy milk this will taste good

Edit 2: out of honey but I had blueberries. They'll mix with that salt as they break down and make this delicious
I botched this last batch by forgetting to use the porridge setting, but my rice cooker makes a damn good batch of steel-cut oatmeal. One part oats to 2-1/2 parts water. Set the timer and go to bed. Wake up and add 1 part half-and-half and 4 tbsp brown sugar. I add dried cherries on top. Yum.

I went ahead and added the half-and-half and brown sugar to this last batch, and it was still edible. Still not good to let it run on the white rice setting. There was a mess in the rice cooker left behind that isn't there when done correctly.

Reactions: Cat
I botched this last batch by forgetting to use the porridge setting, but my rice cooker makes a damn good batch of steel-cut oatmeal. One part oats to 2-1/2 parts water. Set the timer and go to bed. Wake up and add 1 part half-and-half and 4 tbsp brown sugar. I add dried cherries on top. Yum.

I went ahead and added the half-and-half and brown sugar to this last batch, and it was still edible. Still not good to let it run on the white rice setting. There was a mess in the rice cooker left behind that isn't there when done correctly.
Yeeeah I'm using a rice cooker too. The only settings are hot and warm so I'm getting it up to a simmer and letting it ride on warm. Might actually have five days of food from this lol

:notes: Ma'oz Tzur Yeshu'ati, lekha na'eh leshabe'ah.
Tikon beit tefilati, vesham toda nezabe'ah.
Le'et takhin matbe'ah mitzar hamnabe'ah.
Az egmor beshir mizmor hanukat hamizbe'ah.

now pass the latkes.

Instant Pot macaroni, sauce, beef and cheese. The most child friendly pasta in the world for my friend's 6 year old son. He's gonna love it when it's done.