[Thread Game] Where am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a quiz kind of thread game. The basic idea is that somebody posts a picture of a famous building, landmark, site, or whatever, maybe gives a couple of clues as to what it is, and then others try to identify what it is that's in the picture. The person who gets it right gets to post the next picture.

I'll start things off.

Hint: it is located in a city that is famous for it's mercantile history.
question1.jpg

I'd play, but I dope with performance enhancing websites like tin eye, so I can only participate in non sanctioned forum games.

Ah, well, this game operates on the 'honor' principle, so such reverse search websites would kind of ruin things. But other forms of performance enhancers are completely allowed; I myself for example rarely start threads without a few pints.

Hint: the city partnered with another one to become a big fish (HUGE) in the trading networks of medieval Europe.

It's the Holsten Gate in Lubeck.
Correct.

As to your picture... hmm, a native american statue, the color might suggest a copper or bronze coating in rather good shape, so it's not very old. The evergreen trees seem to suggest northern US or Canada, though the statue's lack of clothes on the upper body might be more fitting for a plains indian (or at least a warmer climate).

To google!

Well, I understand there are plenty of cave churches in that area. The only ones I can say from the top of my head that would be at something of an appropriate distance would be at Antioch?

according to the file name, it's a witch!
That is what I understood from your previous post. Witch as in Hekla. Personally I try not to look at filenames.[DOUBLEPOST=1358477056][/DOUBLEPOST]Now one from me.

Hint: sometimes they walked, sometimes they swam. You can't explain that.
question3.jpg

That is what I understood from your previous post. Witch as in Hekla. Personally I try not to look at filenames.[DOUBLEPOST=1358477056][/DOUBLEPOST]Now one from me.

Hint: sometimes they walked, sometimes they swam. You can't explain that.
View attachment 9782
Ugh, my sister in law sent me 8 million photos of her trip there last year. Also, my place is not a witch, that's just a way with wich to catch you witches.

Clue: Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.