[Thread Game] Where am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am intentionally not saying the location, so I chose Quetzlzacatenango. Which as we all know is located in Guatemala, and home to a fiendish brand of pepper.

Process:
1. Russian Orthodox Church with a sign in English, suggests Alaska.
2. Since most people choose significant landmarks, you could just google historic Russian Orthodox Churches in Alaska
3. Big Dipper -> Ursa Major, Bear? Any Disney movies with Bears?
4. Brother Bear! Lets google the title characters and Kenai is a place in Alaska!
5. And back to step 2, national landmark church in Kenai for the Russian Orthodox Church. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Assumption_of_the_Virgin_Mary_Church
6. Google around until found exact image.
7. Google Sarah Palin, get distracted by Lisa Ann.
????
9. Post on Halforums

Actually, the Big Dipper clue was alluding to Alaska's state flag:

Kenai was my early childhood hometown. At one point I use to live a block away from that church.

Our daughter was once photographed by an actual photographer, the little menu on his digital camera was the clearest digital image I have ever seen.[DOUBLEPOST=1358572147][/DOUBLEPOST]
It looks a bit different now:

But yes, that's it, Querétaro, my hometown. How the FUCK are you guys getting these so quickly? I REHOSTED IT!
Simple assumptions of the game, make it very easy.

It looks a bit different now:

But yes, that's it, Querétaro, my hometown. How the FUCK are you guys getting these so quickly? I REHOSTED IT!
I googled "aquaduct mexico 400 years" and it showed me a lot of mexican aquaducts. This was the only one with the distinctive brick slant where the posts meet the duct.

Process:
1. Russian Orthodox Church with a sign in English, suggests Alaska.
2. Since most people choose significant landmarks, you could just google historic Russian Orthodox Churches in Alaska
3. Big Dipper -> Ursa Major, Bear? Any Disney movies with Bears?
4. Brother Bear! Lets google the title characters and Kenai is a place in Alaska!
5. And back to step 2, national landmark church in Kenai for the Russian Orthodox Church. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Assumption_of_the_Virgin_Mary_Church
6. Google around until found exact image.
7. Google Sarah Palin, get distracted by Lisa Ann.
????
9. Post on Halforums
I couldn't read the sign clearly enough to tell it was in english, though the white picket fence around the church strongly hinted at US origin. I didn't have much luck trying to google with that. After your picture narrowed it down to Alaska, finding the right church was rather simple, per your step 2. And googling disney+kenai served to confirm that. The part I failed to get, I admit, was the quite logical step that, although there must be many orthodox churches in communities in the US where the people have suitable family backgrounds, Alaska as formerly belonging to Russia is a good place to start looking.

Nice thinking.

Calleja people more often than not tend to post places they are familiar to them, or close to them.

I looked at your image, saw what appeared to be an aqueduct and googled "Mexican Aqueducts"

Here's one that should be a bit harder. The filename gives it away completely, so don't quote this message or view the image alone if you don't want to be tipped off.

Hint: people who boat in the Pacific Ocean might have a good chance at guessing what it is.

Here's one that should be a bit harder. The filename gives it away completely, so don't quote this message or view the image alone if you don't want to be tipped off.

Hint: people who boat in the Pacific Ocean might have a good chance at guessing what it is.

Muhuhahahaha!

Enoshima Lighthouse.

Got it by google image searching lighthouses in Pacific locations. Went through "lighthouse hawaii", "lighthouse california", "lighthouse oregon" before I hit on "lighthouse japan" and found it.[DOUBLEPOST=1358592288][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's my entry:

nondescriptfilename.jpg

1. What building would people who boaters recognize: lighthouse, port authority.
2. What Pacific nation has a history of boating and stupid modern buildings: Japan, Taiwan
3. Google.

Enoshima Lighthouse.

Got it by google image searching lighthouses in Pacific locations. Went through "lighthouse hawaii", "lighthouse california", "lighthouse oregon" before I hit on "lighthouse japan" and found it.[DOUBLEPOST=1358592288][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's my entry:

View attachment 9794
1. Google "stone formations looks like face"

Status
Not open for further replies.