[Thread Game] Where am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, my place is not a witch, that's just a way with wich to catch you witches.
Pingualuit crater. Though I wouldn't have known without googling.

And about Petra. In my opinion, Raiders of the Lost Ark was the only one of the movies worth watching. (Can you tell I'm pissed off I didn't get Petra immediately?)

Woo! I knew something!

A big statue of a goose of some kind. Again, looking at the trees and seeing as it is a holiday photo, it could be in Canada like that previous indian statue, though that's just a stab in the dark. Beyond that, beats me, I haven't seen it. Could you give a clue?

It's Wawa!

There should be a theme song for that monument.

Picture in a moment.[DOUBLEPOST=1358481930][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yeah baby.

Ravenpoe Umm, the Cadillac Ranch?
Hints:
• Big Dipper
• In a town whose name was used for the name of a main character in a Disney movie
Hmm... Big Dipper is a part of Ursa Major (Big Bear), the building is a greek russian orthodox church which is the branch of christianity they have in Russia, and a national symbol often seen depicting Russia is the Russian Bear. So, obviously, that is the Holy Church of the Great Russian Bear in Quasimodo.

Reality, conform!

Ok, seeing the file name when I quote lets me know my guess is incorrect, but I was going to say that looks like Martin Van Buren, and was going to guess his hometown of Kinderhook, NY
Aha! I, too was going to guess Martin Van Buren. Then, I noticed who posted the original challenge, and I figured who the statue must be of based on that. I determined the location by Googling the person's name + statue and found out the location. Does this count?

It's the giant Sam Houston Statue in Huntsville Texas.

Ah yes, the town of Mulantown. Lovely this time of year.
Hmm... Big Dipper is a part of Ursa Major (Big Bear), the building is a greek russian orthodox church which is the branch of christianity they have in Russia, and a national symbol often seen depicting Russia is the Russian Bear. So, obviously, that is the Holy Church of the Great Russian Bear in Quasimodo.

Reality, conform!
Yeah, um . . . no. :p

Well, I hope you find it. Your silly guess is fantastically close.
Sorry if I was unclear: I found it out after I looked at your clue, as the logical path seems clear after that. That was some good thinking on your part, assuming I am correct in how you figured the answer out for yourself.

play honestly.
Sam Houston statue on Interstate 45 outside of Huntsville, TX, home of Sam Houston State University. Actually only about 2 hours from where I'm sitting right now.

and I didn't look at EvilMike's spoiler until after I posted this. So your call on who is next sixpack.

Process:
1. Russian Orthodox Church with a sign in English, suggests Alaska.
2. Since most people choose significant landmarks, you could just google historic Russian Orthodox Churches in Alaska
3. Big Dipper -> Ursa Major, Bear? Any Disney movies with Bears?
4. Brother Bear! Lets google the title characters and Kenai is a place in Alaska!
5. And back to step 2, national landmark church in Kenai for the Russian Orthodox Church. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Assumption_of_the_Virgin_Mary_Church
6. Google around until found exact image.
7. Google Sarah Palin, get distracted by Lisa Ann.
????
9. Post on Halforums

Status
Not open for further replies.