Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Did you know that the last few years' models of the Toyota Corolla Hybrids don't come with a spare tire?
Neither did I until today! :confused:
Luckily I didn't find out the hard way.
Does it have a spot for a spare? Just curious, because when we were looking at cars last year we noticed that some didn’t include the spare in the “list price” but was actually considered an option.

Mine has a spot that looks like it's for the spare. I think it's the same LE trim as the gas Corollas. Just weird to me, I never even thought to look for no spare tire. Just seemed like a given that a car would have one.

GasBandit

Staff member
Indeed, as I often tell my friends when they get called for Jury Duty, if the Prosecutor asks you a question, preface your answer with "Well, as a strident supporter of the concept of Jury Nullification..."... and if the Defense Attorney asks you a question, just reply "Well he had to have done SOMETHING, he got arrested, right?"

You'll be outta there SO fast.

Indeed, as I often tell my friends when they get called for Jury Duty, if the Prosecutor asks you a question, preface your answer with "Well, as a strident supporter of the concept of Jury Nullification..."... and if the Defense Attorney asks you a question, just reply "Well he had to have done SOMETHING, he got arrested, right?"

You'll be outta there SO fast.
Actually I'm pretty sure I first heard about jury nullification from you.

Finally got my "permanent" crown yesterday. Only one small issue: it's a bit "tall" for the space it occupies in the back corner of my mouth, and so I now have an uneven bite (I'm sure @Terrik could explain the technical term; it's my back left lower tooth).

Dentist's suggestion was to "let it settle" before coming back to do any repairs. :confused: I suspect this is dental-speak for "I really don't want to deal with anything right now, come back on Monday."

(I'm sure @Terrik could explain the technical term
Super eruption, I think?
I had to have a back lower molar pulled, so now its mate can chew unopposed, and I know they were worried that upper would just get ejected from my jaw like a watermelon seed in extreme slo-mo. So far, it hasn't really moved (it's still even with its neighbor).

--Patrick

Finally got my "permanent" crown yesterday. Only one small issue: it's a bit "tall" for the space it occupies in the back corner of my mouth, and so I now have an uneven bite (I'm sure @Terrik could explain the technical term; it's my back left lower tooth).

Dentist's suggestion was to "let it settle" before coming back to do any repairs. :confused: I suspect this is dental-speak for "I really don't want to deal with anything right now, come back on Monday."
You had a temporary crown on the whole time before you got this one in, yes? And you have a tooth that opposes this one above it?

Also, apparently, for district court you're expected to show up to jury duty dressed in business casual, and I have this feeling most of my clothes are either casual or formal with no middle ground. -_- I think I might have one pair of non jean/legging pants but after a year of quarantine who knows if they'll fit. I'm going to have to rummage around.

If you don't want to get picked, show up in casual and remind them "this is all I have, and unless you're paying for a new wardrobe, it's what I'd be wearing to trial".

Also, apparently, for district court you're expected to show up to jury duty dressed in business casual, and I have this feeling most of my clothes are either casual or formal with no middle ground. -_- I think I might have one pair of non jean/legging pants but after a year of quarantine who knows if they'll fit. I'm going to have to rummage around.
dude, im a "frontline worker", I have either my work clothes or my pajamas at this point. I only leave the house for food orders, major appointments, and groceries outside of work >_>

You had a temporary crown on the whole time before you got this one in, yes? And you have a tooth that opposes this one above it?
Yes. There's a noticeable gap between upper and lower on the front and other side of my mouth when I bite down.

Money doesn't buy happiness but fuck me if it doesn't buy security and I would happily take a little security at the end of each month over being happy.

The deep depression as all bills come due and I wonder how I'm going to make it through the next month is really starting to get to me.

My section of the office is undergoing minor renovations (mainly repairs to water-damaged and peeling wallpaper) over the next week or so, so I've been moved to a temporary seat. I don't like this seat because:

1. It's smaller and more cramped,
2. It's not as private as my previous seat, so lots of people can see my screen now, so I can't go on HF or Reddit or Facebook or other sites with as much impunity now,
3. The air conditioning rattles really loudly here,
4. There's a guy who likes to snack during the workday and all the aromas of food are making me hungry,
and 5. It's farther away from my hot female coworkers, in fact this section of the office is a huge sausage fest.

Is there a HFC that has been there for a while that this was promised to her as a retention bonus? Or, is there a HFC that is doing a great job and this was a promised incentive to get her to stay at the job?

I can't seem to get this client to understand that he will not save money on having me create a 99% accurate knockoff of the font he actually wants to use instead of paying the $24 licensing fee for that particular font. My time costs money and I will bill accordingly and it will be more expensive than if I were able to just grab the font. At this point with each add on I'm raising my quote to him to fuck-you levels because I kinda just want him to go elsewhere.

I love desktop support.
Let’s copy over 12 gb of files that includes all of the server software when all I needed was a 700 mb client install zip file that was in the folder labeled “client install”.

Before we bought this house a couple of years ago, we were looking at building. The prices weren't too bad, but quickly got into "Oh, you wanted lights in every room? Well that's going to be a lot more." territory.

House construction far outstripped our budget and even what is reasonable for the area. Going to have to pivot, sell the lot, and virtually view and then purchase a house in OR from Oz.
I have some friends here in East Texas (yes, I actually have friends) that are having to delay building a new house because lumber prices are so high right now. They’re looking at around 30k over normal budgeting for lumber right now. It’s freaking insane how high lumber is running right now.

Last edited:
I have some friends here in East Texas (yes, I actually have friends) that are having to delay building a new house because lumber prices are so high right now. They’re looking at around 30k over normal budgeting for lumber right now. It’s freaking insane how high lumber is running right now.
And we live at the source of that wood.

We finally moved today at work. Good for so many reasons.

I fell though. I have no idea how. Mobility issues? The huge gap between the ground and the door? The monsoon like rain? None of the above? I’m pretty sore, but nothing seems broken.

I got mocked by one of my new coworkers when I asked to use the elevator about an hour later. What an ass. I told him I had mobility issues and I had just fallen. He doubled down on the mocking. Dick.

Yes, I know I’m being super cranky.

We finally moved today at work. Good for so many reasons.

I fell though. I have no idea how. Mobility issues? The huge gap between the ground and the door? The monsoon like rain? None of the above? I’m pretty sore, but nothing seems broken.

I got mocked by one of my new coworkers when I asked to use the elevator about an hour later. What an ass. I told him I had mobility issues and I had just fallen. He doubled down on the mocking. Dick.

Yes, I know I’m being super cranky.
Yeah no, fuck that. HR.

It's like that up here too. When we bought the material to build our garage back in the before-times (2019), ply-wood ran us $4 a sheet. Current price, as of a couple of months ago? $20. And you're gonna need a lot of sheets.

Maybe this is a pet peeve, I dunno, it's nothing realyl serious, but....
ARGH SPOTIFY.
I like Spotify, I do, I've ben paying for them for years. Lots of choice in lots of genres.
But then they just.....seemingly randomly, remove stuff.
The soundtrack for Starship Troopers. Was there for years, gone since a few months. Not all of it, though - a few numbers are still around in other recordings. Plenty of other stuff from the same artist, or the same composer; plenty fro mthe same record label. Just...This CD? Gone.
Same for Jesus Christ Superstar: obviously there's plenty of versions still available...but the best version? That's gone. Listen to the movie soundtrack, or to a re-recording, or a live version, or a "highlights" version, but the original West End or the original Broadway recording? Nah, those are gone.

WHY DO YOU DO THIS?! Does it really cost that much to keep songs around? My cousin's hard metal band with, what, 100 listens to their songs is on there! Why? Just to annoy some people on occassion? ARGH.