[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

What is this... "close"... of which you speak?

I had to put my foot down to not get called in on the first night off I've had all year. So instead I'm going in at 4am to finish that half of the shift. :(

This week has been one piss puddle after another, and here I'm up past midnight ready to make tomorrow worse for myself.

And on another note, do I tell my wife about a cool thing happening locally when there's practically zero chance for us to attend, or just let her go ignorant? Hmmmmmmmm.

Got the kids and @Squidleybits up and ready and out the door on time this morning. Did the dishes made the lunches wrapped everybody up against the cold. Got them on the bus and my wife with the broken hands to her work and settled.

So naturally my lunch is sitting on the table at home.

Dave

Staff member
Got the kids and @Squidleybits up and ready and out the door on time this morning. Did the dishes made the lunches wrapped everybody up against the cold. Got them on the bus and my wife with the broken hands to her work and settled.

So naturally my lunch is sitting on the table at home.
Couple weeks ago I was rushing around in the morning and grabbed my lunch and a bunch of other stuff and out the door I went. When I got to work I discovered that instead of the reused and marked container for my home-made lunch I instead grabbed the unmarked container of Cool Whip. So for lunch I had taken Cool Whwip.

Having one of those months.

Someone remind me that I have friends and those that claim to be my friends aren't just humouring me.

Fridge died. Only a minor rant because A) the apartment company is replacing it tomorrow and B) thanks to the bachelor guy life, there's not that much food in it. Still, annoying.

I have a weird throbbing pain in my face. It's on the left side of my face. It's mild enough that I can't tell where it's coming from, but strong enough to be annoying and affecting my concentration.

I can't tell if it's a toothache, or a sinus problem due to my recent cold, or maybe I'm developing bone cancer in my skull, I dunno.

I have a weird throbbing pain in my face. It's on the left side of my face. It's mild enough that I can't tell where it's coming from, but strong enough to be annoying and affecting my concentration.

I can't tell if it's a toothache, or a sinus problem due to my recent cold, or maybe I'm developing bone cancer in my skull, I dunno.

It's your parasitic twin.

As a kinda gross update, when I breathe in through my nose, I can now smell... um... exudate.

Guess that answers what the pain is. Now I just need to figure out why the inside of my sinuses has become, uh, infected.

Not bloody, no. Pus. I'm smelling pus in my sinuses. I couldn't identify the smell at first, but when it finally hit me... yeesh.

Trust me, you want to go to a doctor now. About 5 years ago, everyone in my house was sick. My daughter, who was an infant at the time, had a double ear infection so I chose to ignore my symptoms and take care of her. After a few days, my face hurt so bad when I held up my head that I described it as my skull being in labor. At that point I also had a constant bloody nose from the swelling in my sinuses. I got some hefty antibiotics, pain medication, and a saline nasal rinse I had to squirt up my nose to get all the gunk out. I will never, ever again wait to see a doctor when I know I have a sinus infection.

GasBandit

Staff member
Urrgh. The new guy (new PD for our country station) keeps asking me to help him with learning our automation, which of course I do, but then when I show him how something works, EVERY OTHER THING I SHOW HIM HE ARGUES WITH ME ABOUT THAT IT'S NOT HOW THAT WORKS.

I'VE BEEN USING THIS AUTOMATION SYSTEM FOR 7 YEARS AND YOU JUST GOT HERE AND ASKED FOR MY HELP.