Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Dave

Staff member
At the end of it all the firefighters went to KFC because for some reason they were craving roasted chicken.

So I don't post in this thread a lot as a whiner, because I'm honestly pretty content. I mean, depression and anxiety are always there but luckily I've found ways to treat both fairly successfully and am not even on an ssri anymore (which I highly recommend if you need them, but for me came with unwanted consequences.)

Which is why this is in the whine thread and not a more serious thread, because it's going to be a "dating is hard" kind of post. And in all honesty I'm actually pretty happy being single, but sometimes...

It's been several years since I've actively tried to date anyone. Being asexual means it's kind of a tricky minefield, and when I would date people would always start out saying they're fine with that, right up until they weren't anymore. This even lead to some open relationships because obviously if I care about someone I want them to have their needs met, even if it's not going to be me meeting them, but inevitably this dynamic would slowly shift until I suddenly was the other person in this relationship.

And so I mostly gave up, and have been pretty happy on my own. I fulfill my intimacy needs elsewhere, be it online or in person friends, sometimes with benefits but not the kind you might be thinking (I provided a BDSM night for a lesbian couple friends of mine, for example) but sometimes, some nights, I lie in bed thinking it really would be nice to have someone to cuddle.

Anyway, ace whine over

At this point I'm willing to entertain conspiracy theories.

--Patrick
Conspiracy nothing: this is probably just an insurance scam. Egg laying hens are worth something like $10-$100 depending on the breed, so this is a million dollar payout BEFORE you get into the cost of the actual facility and anything else lost.

I have a feeling this will be like everything else lately. Prices go up due to some supply issue, but never return to the old price once those issues are resolved. I guess we’ll be buying more chicks this spring.

l went out into my yard last night to try to see the comet. I took my binoculars and stood on my deck and scanned the sky for 10 minutes. I knew it should have been near the north star, easy to pick out... But the moon was bright and several neighbors have security lights... and after about 10 minutes I realized I was facing south.

It's time to vote again. I hate change of administrations. Every new mayor comes with the idea that all people currently working here is lazy and/or corrupt. I'll need to spend at least a year trying to convince my new bosses that I'm not corrupt. I like to consider myself as one of those lazy but intelligent workers that you hear about in movies and magazines.

figmentPez

Staff member
My aunt and uncle are in town visiting, and I'll be joining my family for dinner with them tonight. Which isn't bad in itself, the food will be good, and my aunt and uncle are likeable people who are good conversationalists, who live busy lives with a lot to talk about.

My whine is that my life has been practically non-existent for a while, and I don't really have much personal to talk about except for my health problems, and I don't want to talk about that. Most of my energy gets spent trying to take care of myself, and while my health is improving, additional energy just goes right back into working on taking care of myself. I haven't consistently hit a point where I'm doing more than surviving. I'm not acting, I'm not writing, I'm not cooking or baking anything noteworthy. I take care of myself as best I can, consume media, and try to maintain friendships. It's not really much to talk about.

I'm also frustrated that I have to be aware of what news stories I bring up. A decade ago I definitely would have brought up a recent news article I saw about sheep sharing their fields with solar panels, and how both benefit. My uncle is a farmer/involved with farming and the national corngrowers association or something, and I've heard him talk about new technologies a lot over the years. He and my dad (petroleum pipeline measurement engineer) had a long discussion on the pros and cons of ethanol in vehicle fuel. These days, I'm not so sure that bringing up any sort of green energy is a safe issue. My parents have taken a hard right swing, and I'm not sure where my aunt and uncle are now. Oh well, I'll just let them drive the conversation. There's probably lots of stories about my cousins to hear about.

I haven't had sex in over a year, it's been on my mind a lot lately but I'm socially anxious about doing anything about it.

I haven't had sex in over a year, it's been on my mind a lot lately but I'm socially anxious about doing anything about it.
I'm sorry. I felt that way when I was single and seeing people post in the sex thread.

If it's any consolidation, I went 4+ years since my last time. I'm sure it won't be that long for you.

I'm sorry. I felt that way when I was single and seeing people post in the sex thread.

If it's any consolidation, I went 4+ years since my last time. I'm sure it won't be that long for you.
I'm at ten years, get on my level!

.. Granted slightly different circumstances

I had one hell of a dry spell myself for about 6 years...
I had a similar one that lasted almost 7.

I don't think the "I have sex with random strangers at least 5-10 times per month!" we see in most movies/tv shows actually reflects the average person. People have dry spells! It happens!

Should be noted my previous dry spell was from 2009 to 2017 between the breaking up with my high school girlfriend and taking a year with my next girlfriend before she felt comfortable. A year definitely isn't the longest I've gone, and I've whined in here before about a dead bedroom with my ex while I was with her. Still sucks going from even that to big fat nothing.

I had a similar one that lasted almost 7.

I don't think the "I have sex with random strangers at least 5-10 times per month!" we see in most movies/tv shows actually reflects the average person. People have dry spells! It happens!
When I was more promiscuous, I would have LONG dry spells, and then random strangers in quick succession, and the long dry spells. Maybe the serial successful stranger sexer is out there, but I'm with you, it's largely just a media exaggeration/joke/sales technique.

OMG, I've decided to get back into martial arts as a way of doing something other than "sitting in this chair". (I don't know why I put that in quotes. It's literally most of what I do these days). There's a Grace Barra BJJ school only a couple miles from the house, and it's considerably more interesting to me than the Karate and TKD schools in the same range. So I went to my first class tonight.

I knew what to expect. I went into this thing with my eyes wide open. But jesus christ, I need someone to bring me a heating pad, some giant sugar cookies from Crumbl, a shot of tequila, and some of the dilaudid I have in the medicine cabinet left over from a surgery. Because I'm sure as shit not getting out of bed right now to do any of those things.

BJJ is INSANELY hard on the body when you start. I'll be going back to it end of March, and I'm equal parts eagerly awaiting and dreading it.

It gets better, I swear!

BJJ is INSANELY hard on the body when you start. I'll be going back to it end of March, and I'm equal parts eagerly awaiting and dreading it.

It gets better, I swear!
Trust me, I went into this entirely with my eyes open. I took 6 months at Tery Corkran's school in while it was in Lewisville, TX back before I moved to Virginia. I had no illusions.

Everything is sore today lol

I hate this time of year. All I want is for the snow to melt, and the forecast just looks like it’s going to get colder with even more snow coming for the next two weeks.
I also hate this time of year, but because of pollen. The pollen is so heavy in the air today, that ground visibility is limited to less that 1/2 mile (little less than 1km). We're gonna have these conditions for the next month or so as the different flower, bushes, plants, and trees go through their pollen dumps.

I also hate this time of year, but because of pollen. The pollen is so heavy in the air today, that ground visibility is limited to less that 1/2 mile (little less than 1km). We're gonna have these conditions for the next month or so as the different flower, bushes, plants, and trees go through their pollen dumps.
Yeah, not looking forward to that, and all the mold under the snow when it does finally melt.

Today was sunny and 33 f, and it felt so good to be outside. So of course we’re looking to get 4” of snow tonight with highs back down to the low 20s.