[Soccer] World Cup 2014

Looks like Dave and mroosc79 and myself are pulling away from the pack.
I predicted a pair of 7-0 wins for England in their next two matches. I can state with 100% confidence that none of you did that. Now all I need to do is somehow ensure England win 7-0 for two straight games, and that's six easy points for me in the bag.

Looks like Dave and mroosc79 and myself are pulling away from the pack.
I'm staying somewhat close for only getting one score right while the rest of you got 5. Stupid greece giving up at the end losing me those 2 extra points grumble grumble

Anyway that was a fun match to watch between Brazil and Mexico. That Goalie! If they didn't have Spain or the Netherlands after group, I think Mexico would get pretty far.

I don't even have to change time zones for most of the matches. Brazil is pretty much on Central Time in the US.

I don't even have to change time zones for most of the matches. Brazil is pretty much on Central Time in the US.
Brazil should be at least one hour ahead of New York. Also I doubt they are on Saving Time since they are in the tropics.

This is a pretty easy foreign sporting event to watch in America.

I hate every Uruguayan in the world right now. Every single one. I especially hate Luis Suarez, but every single other Uruguayan is also receiving my detestation at the moment. My rage is radiating from me like stink lines from a sketch of a pile of poo, and it's going to emanate its way to every Uruguayan in the world, and cause them misfortune for the rest of the day.

Also, I'm totally going to pronounce their country's name as "you are gay" from now one.

Dave

Staff member
ANd another 3 games played that I got totally wrong, allowing myself to fall into 2nd place.

I checked both. @mroosc1979 is wiping us all out. You had your One Shining Moment with the EPL.

Hell, I bet that if we had an MLS league, you'd probably beat us in that, too.

I support Italy and all but honestly after watching EVERY soccer game so far... they are probably one of the least entertaining to watch play.

I support Italy and all but honestly after watching EVERY soccer game so far... they are probably one of the least entertaining to watch play.
I think there have been a bunch of boring looking teams playing but of the ones most likely to go through(minus group H) I agree.

Iran's 11 man defense finally cracked in extra time. I have never seen a team commit so wholly to defense, without a lead, ever. You could tell they were playing just for the draw from the first minute.

I believe they would say on that last shot by Bosnia-Herzegovinia, "IT HIT THE POST!"

I got three points out of that one. :)

B

BErt

I know, right? I has 2-1 US in the pool! Portugal cost me my three points, damn it!
History's greatest injustice.

Seriously though, I do think they draw with Germany. And if we lose we can still root for the draw or low Portugal win so it's not completely horrible. But maaaaaan...it was right there!

This week is going to be garbage week in the World Cup. Look out for some serious 11-man defense play and desperation moves.

Have I mentioned how much I hate Time Warner Cable?

From the 40' mark on, all I get is audio. Oh I get perfectly fine picture when the locally generated ads come on. All the other channels are fine as well.

So I switch to the ESPN app on my XBone. Only problem is the feed is about 90 seconds behind, because I'm getting reports of "GOOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLL!!" in the chatroom I'm in way ahead of when I can see it. Not to mention when it lagged out on me once & I got to see the same goal kick about 4 times in the span of two minutes.

Seems that the problem was pretty widespread in the Louisville/Lexington/Cincy area for TWC customers.

Unfortunately, they're the only internet game in town :mad: