Zelda BOTW Thread

If you can't, you can buy it later.
If you miss it before the "reveal" of the old man's identity, there's a chest in that house that contains the tunic in question. It only appears after the reveal, as you couldn't complete the quest after that point as the guy is then gone.

If you miss it before the "reveal" of the old man's identity, there's a chest in that house that contains the tunic in question. It only appears after the reveal, as you couldn't complete the quest after that point as the guy is then gone.
Thank you! I'll have to go back.

Just got my BotW in the mail.

Yay.

Now I have to delete shit off my Wii-U. Still can't believe even with the Switch Nintendo thinks 32 GB is acceptable.

Just got my BotW in the mail.

Yay.

Now I have to delete shit off my Wii-U. Still can't believe even with the Switch Nintendo thinks 32 GB is acceptable.
Honestly, I'd rather they leave it as 32GB and include the expansion port (which they did) so I can buy another 64GB (or much much more) for a reasonable price, rather than adding hundreds of dollars to the price for the 64GB option as so many phones/tablets do.

That's all well and good for the Switch, but that's fucking insane that they did it with the Wii-U.

32 gigs that was filled when I bought my model because it came preloaded with Smash Bros and Splatoon. I had 4 gigs left. Add in some save and updates and I literally had to delete Smash Bros in order to play Zelda.

So I'm really starting to make some progress on Zelda, but my daughter went to start a game of her own and it had issues when she first set it up and she had to restart after about 30 minutes because it wasn't giving her any quests to complete.

I've been very pleased with the Switch so far.

I've been sharing Zelda time with my husband. But only when I get stuck on something, so that I don't get frustrated.

(Separate games, we aren't sharing one save, gross)

As an aside, maybe instead of calling the thread Switch + Zelda, we should split them into their own threads.

I got 1, 2, Switch, Bomberman, and Snipperclips for the Switch, mostly for my kids. I can't wait for my son to wreck me at Bomberman. :p

Hey guys, this Zelda game is pretty good.

And here's my heretical confession. I have NEVER liked a 3D Zelda game before.

Though the weapon degredation thing is bananas.

As an aside, maybe instead of calling the thread Switch + Zelda, we should split them into their own threads.

I got 1, 2, Switch, Bomberman, and Snipperclips for the Switch, mostly for my kids. I can't wait for my son to wreck me at Bomberman. :p
'
I'd separate them if it were in my power, but all I can do as the thread starter is change the title.

Maybe our friendly neighborhood @GasBandit could help us.

ZELDA GOOD!

I like when Zelda swings the swords at the goblin boys. I don't like it when Zelda's sword breaks after like 5 uses.

I almost killed that huge rock guy in the starting area when I first found him, then he sort of shrugged and I was instagibbed. Poor Zelda didn't stand a chance.

I was in Hyrule Field using the magnet to move giant metal blocks to cross the river when I was shot at by Bokoblins. So I swung the metal block over to their tree fort and started mashing them with it :D my tree fort now, mother fuckers!

I also went toward the castle WAAAY too early just to get the area map. Dodging those laser spiders just to get there, and then ducking and dodging their lasers while climbing the tower is the most harried I've felt in a Zelda game since I was a kid and the nighttime skeletons in Ocarina were an actual threat.

I was in Hyrule Field using the magnet to move giant metal blocks to cross the river when I was shot at by Bokoblins. So I swung the metal block over to their tree fort and started mashing them with it :D my tree fort now, mother fuckers!

I also went toward the castle WAAAY too early just to get the area map. Dodging those laser spiders just to get there, and then ducking and dodging their lasers while climbing the tower is the most harried I've felt in a Zelda game since I was a kid and the nighttime skeletons in Ocarina were an actual threat.
I stocked up on fairies and died my way to the top of that tower. ;)

ZELDA GOOD!

I like when Zelda swings the swords at the goblin boys. I don't like it when Zelda's sword breaks after like 5 uses.

I almost killed that huge rock guy in the starting area when I first found him, then he sort of shrugged and I was instagibbed. Poor Zelda didn't stand a chance.
I am not with it re: the latest Nintendo whatsiwhozits, but is Zelda the protagonist this time or is it Link?

Got a horse (of course named her Epona) upgrades to the iphone/android tablet, and now it's time for bed. I have to limit myself, I'd stay up all night playing this...

I hate my horse. He sucks ass.

I have to keep riding to make him suck less. I don't want to ride him.

I just lost my first significant amount of progress.

Eventide Island. It doesn't autosave there, so I lost an hour or so, about 20 new compendium entries and a tough battle. When the game has been so good about autosaves to suddenly stop for a tough area hurts.[DOUBLEPOST=1488955525,1488955401][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, the music is very sparse and kind of weak so far.

I miss Link to the Past's incredible score.

Late nights at work are keeping me from over-playing.

This game world is enormous. It's so much fun to run around in that I end up accomplishing very little in an evening.

I did that. Died about 3 times going up, but was able to do it without faeries or anything (only 4 hearts!). Was thrilling though. I also liked the multi-part shrine to the SW of there. Nice set of challenges.
Late nights at work are keeping me from over-playing.

This game world is enormous. It's so much fun to run around in that I end up accomplishing very little in an evening.
This. If only I didn't have to work OR help unpack a house after moving. Both are impacting my time in a very bad way.

I keep getting lost in the world. I can't make it to kakariko village because I get so damned distracted shooting wild boars, destroying outposts and cutting down trees for the lulz.

I keep getting lost in the world. I can't make it to kakariko village because I get so damned distracted shooting wild boars, destroying outposts and cutting down trees for the lulz.
I forced myself to go there last night, but even then I got distracted by magical stolen maracas, so I'm only saved at the shrine above the town. That whole sweeping wilderness to the east was calling to me though :/.

I forced myself to go there last night, but even then I got distracted by magical stolen maracas, so I'm only saved at the shrine above the town. That whole sweeping wilderness to the east was calling to me though :/.
FYI the next place to locate the maracas of awesomeness is the hyrule field stable, right by the river. Allowed 4-5 upgrades that next time, which is awesome.

Not sure where the guy is next, but I'm also out of seeds, so it's OK for now.

I'm on the way to my second Divine Beast. I wonder if it will be like the first one I did, where the trip there is harder than the actual dungeon.

I also found the location of the Master Sword, but I can't pull it yet.

I read a spoiler that says you need 13 hearts to do so. Dunno if that's right, but there you are.
Yep, my son read the same one and made sure to tell me that as soon as I found it.[DOUBLEPOST=1488996726,1488996691][/DOUBLEPOST]