Zelda BOTW Thread

I just ordered a Wii-U copy from Amazon and it's arriving tomorrow.

Big fan of the Prime 20% discount on new games.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of getting to enjoy the same game without plunking down a ton for this new console.

Except I spent my spending money on Hearthstone cards and trade paperbacks because I figured I was going to be playing WoW this whole month and now that's turned out to be a disappointment, so I really wish I'd squirreled some away for new Zelda. I can probably convince my wife to let me cheat this month since she did with buying WoW: Legion, but I'm supposed to be our impulse control.

EDIT: If I do this, I'll probably just buy it digitally since places are likely sold out.

A little annoyed that there's a season pass for a Nintendo game, but they're getting with the times so I guess I can't blame them.

My order still days shipping soon. I preordered in January. So it's either just STUCK, or they could just tell me it's delayed so I can cancel my order and just download it. Pick one already Amazon!

My order still days shipping soon. I preordered in January. So it's either just STUCK, or they could just tell me it's delayed so I can cancel my order and just download it. Pick one already Amazon!
You could cancel it anyway.

Amazon says they're sold out on Wii U copies, so there's a possibility they ran out of stock but kept taking pre-orders because even they can't guess what Nintendo is going to do.

US Amazon is having supply issues with the games. Isn't surprising, since Nintendo and Amazon have such a shaky relationship.

Canada Amazon has apparently, enough for all.

OOOOOOOOOOOH BOOO. I just checked the tracking, apparently Canada Post has changed the time for delivery from today to Monday. Damn you Canada Post.

Two hours.

This is assuming the Wii U will have downloaded 10 gigs since I left the apartment. It was crawling while the system was on, much slower than even my handhelds download things, but I'm hoping.

I'm about 4 hours in to Zelda and the switch. Have to say, I'm pleased. I'm a huge Zelda fan, so I'm biased, but I feel like the game was worth the price of admission. Remember when I bought the Wii U, then a couple days later returned it and got a PS4? I feel the complete opposite of that this time around. Its a joy to play. Lets see if I feel the same 30 hours in.

The Wii U apparently decided to give up downloading shortly after I left for work.

It's now crawling along from 2% downloaded.

Zelda in 40 hours ...

I had to update three times, I dunno what was for what anymore. Busy laughing at terrible names.

I predict this topic died because everyone else is playing Zelda.

Yup, there's Dei in my Friends list. Living that delicious life.

Reactions: Dei
Wish I knew what the recipe was for the food to get the tunic. I just got by via "2-ingredient" food with hot peppers to survive the cold. Googling lately for anything related is fruitless at the moment.

Wish I knew what the recipe was for the food to get the tunic. I just got by via "2-ingredient" food with hot peppers to survive the cold. Googling lately for anything related is fruitless at the moment.
I know it, but finding another pig for meat is filling me with rage

It's Hylian Bass

Zelda is installed, but it's midnight and I have stuff to do in the morning, so I'll just have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to play.

Bokoblin knocked me down and stole my weapon and chased me up a hill. I beat him with a stick. Later I realized I could steal their weapons too, so I did, and stole and ate their food too. Climbed around a temple roof, fell down, burned myself to death trying to cook apples on an open fire. Later stumbled upon a wild boss by accident.

I'm lovin it. Can't believe how pretty the game is.

Bokoblin knocked me down and stole my weapon and chased me up a hill. I beat him with a stick. Later I realized I could steal their weapons too, so I did, and stole and ate their food too. Climbed around a temple roof, fell down, burned myself to death trying to cook apples on an open fire. Later stumbled upon a wild boss by accident.

I'm lovin it. Can't believe how pretty the game is.
I had a Bokobin steal the meat from a wild boar I shot. Fuck those guys.

I'm going to have to hike my ass back to the old man's cooking pot because I'm freezing trying to ascend Mt. Hylia without warning food.

A lot of what I'm hearing about the Switch makes me apprehensive. This is Nintendo's first foray into certain modern gaming elements and they're going to screw up some things.

You don't need warming food necessarily. I don't have the game myself but saw some Let's Plays and people found other ways to warm themselves.

You don't need warming food necessarily. I don't have the game myself but saw some Let's Plays and people found other ways to warm themselves.
There are campfires dotting the way, but the Bokoblins are parked around each of them. Some of these idiots throw exploding barrels at you, even if you're near an open fire. I've seen one of these assholes kill his friends with one, trying to get at me. Their society knows neither loyalty nor compassion.

There is a quest for a certain item of clothing you can get that (other folks have referenced it in this thread) that obviates the need for warming food (at least on Mt. Hylia). Look around for the old man's hut.

I blundered myself over to the Zora area. I wonder how much crying I'll have to do to get through the water dungeon this time.

There is a quest for a certain item of clothing you can get that (other folks have referenced it in this thread) that obviates the need for warming food (at least on Mt. Hylia). Look around for the old man's hut.
I food-scummed my way up the mountain. Too late to do that one. I didn't realize it was a quest when I was poking around there.

Either way, I got it all done.

Water Temple was disappointingly easy. I got stuck on a puzzle for a little bit, but the boss battle was lame.