Anonymous random halforumite sex poll

Would you sign up for the Halforums Snu-Snu matching service (read the post)?

• I am male, and I would sign up.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I am male, and I would not sign up.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I am female, and I would sign up.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I am female, and I would not sign up.

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
Remember, this is with halforumites.
And thus I'm surprised more guys haven't signed up. You're not guaranteed a match, but if you get one, you're guaranteed a winner. If you're after the guys, you're rolling the dice a little more. :p

Come to think of it, my wife is a member here. She lurks more than she posts nowadays, but still.

GasBandit

Staff member
And thus I'm surprised more guys haven't signed up. You're not guaranteed a match, but if you get one, you're guaranteed a winner. If you're after the guys, you're rolling the dice a little more. :p

Come to think of it, my wife is a member here. She lurks more than she posts nowadays, but still.
Did you encourage her to take the poll? :p

While I wouldn't be put off by the male to female ratio since I am pansexual but I still wouldn't sign up. I don't like having sex unless I have a strong emotional connection with the person.

This former submariner from Toronto
Would give Gassy's random sex thing a go.
And if she wants head
Of me it's been said
That I do most of my best work down below

The random thing is also important, because who would sign up if they had to worry about being the last kid picked on the playground?

No fair; one dibs-calling and half the interesting possibilities are gone.

Wait, does this work like Blizzcon, and are there reduced-price tickets for participants who can't make it to follow on line?
That's assuming I only participate the one time - and if I'm being realistic, I would probably do it more than once. It would be rare, but I would have my days. I'm sure there would be multiple chances, never lose hope!

GasBandit

Staff member
I should probably point out (again) that, in this situation, just because you "sign on" for getting matched doesn't mean you can't still hook up with other people. The choices aren't "buy in or go celibate." There's nothing stopping two willing people from banging each other all they want of their own volition, whether they're buying in for matches or not. The purpose of the hypothetical matching service was to see what the difference was between our men in women if provided with a "Push button receive sex" situation.

And the results so far are not what I anticipated.

I should probably point out (again) that, in this situation, just because you "sign on" for getting matched doesn't mean you can't still hook up with other people. The choices aren't "buy in or go celibate." There's nothing stopping two willing people from banging each other all they want of their own volition, whether they're buying in for matches or not. The purpose of the hypothetical matching service was to see what the difference was between our men in women if provided with a "Push button receive sex" situation.

victory.jpg

I thought "Halforumites are a horny bunch" would have been a given.

As has been pointed out before, though, I don't think we're very reflective of the general population. The men are more situated towards the nerdy, while the women here tend to be fairly strong. Both of which I consider good things, mind, but they both influence this topic, I think. And by which I don't mean to imply our ladies wouldn't be suitably nerdy or anything, to be clear.

GasBandit

Staff member
As has been pointed out before, though, I don't think we're very reflective of the general population. The men are more situated towards the nerdy, while the women here tend to be fairly strong. Both of which I consider good things, mind, but they both influence this topic, I think. And by which I don't mean to imply our ladies wouldn't be suitably nerdy or anything, to be clear.
That's what I keep telling Dei, but she insists on channeling her inner Terrik and strutting around declaring "Wasabi and I won THAT argument, moh-ho-ho-ho-ho!"

That's what I keep telling Dei, but she insists on channeling her inner Terrik and strutting around declaring "Wasabi and I won THAT argument, moh-ho-ho-ho-ho!"
You may say the forum is tainted because nerds or whatever, but I don't really think the results are as skewed as you think they are. :p

Besides, the argument was less "Would guys want to push button receive sex more than women" and more "Are women as brazen and sex crazed as men, and does not wanting random sex negate being sex crazed?"