Anonymous random halforumite sex poll

Would you sign up for the Halforums Snu-Snu matching service (read the post)?

• I am male, and I would sign up.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I am male, and I would not sign up.

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • I am female, and I would sign up.

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I am female, and I would not sign up.

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

GasBandit

Staff member
Same. Though by results I mean turnout. I didn't realize we have so many male members here.
Oh, we still have many dozens of members, but I can only name about 10 female members off the top of my head, and several of those only check in every couple months.

I think it really depends on how you perceive "the general population". Even anonymous and so on, we're still indoctrinated by our upbringing and environment. Sure, plenty of holier-than-thou people cheat, lie and steal the moment they think they can get away with it, but I think a fairly sizable part of people who grew up in stricter moral societies really do believe and resist temptation even when there's no chance of getting caught.

That's what I keep telling Dei, but she insists on channeling her inner Terrik and strutting around declaring "Wasabi and I won THAT argument, moh-ho-ho-ho-ho!"
Well, that's part of why I specifically limited it to halforumites - most of us are on at least minimally friendly terms with each other, so it's not a "perfect strangers" situation.

I'm not saying every single male would sign up, But I'd bet a lot higher percentage of males would sign up than females. Especially when you start having to pay to play.

I could be wrong though. Maybe it'd just be me and Emrys ending up with each other every single drawing.
BUT BUT BUT

You even specifically bet that ON HALFORUMS, that the male percentage would be higher. Just to be clear.

But I still say the main argument was on the female role as being brazenly sex crazed, and whether or not fucking everything that moves is a pre-req.

GasBandit

Staff member
BUT BUT BUT

You even specifically bet that ON HALFORUMS, that the male percentage would be higher. Just to be clear.

But I still say the main argument was on the female role as being brazenly sex crazed, and whether or not fucking everything that moves is a pre-req.
My mistake was taking a debate about men and women in general, and trying to illustrate it using halforums, which is not a representative sampling of either sex, and the ratio doesn't really figure in.

I worry enough signing up for the goddamn secret Santa that I might get someone I don't know. So why then, would I assume i could handle the risk of putting my dick in the ol' mystery box and not have a panic attack
Well, this puts my Secret Santa gift in a different light.

I think my perspective is similar to @WasabiPoptart 's, in that thinking back to the last time I was single, it may have been something I was down for. I've had some one night stands and FWB that were fantastic sex, so from a purely carnal perspective, it seems like a win/win. But that was also over 15 years ago, and my views and needs have changed slightly, though I'm not sure if this is because of my long-term relationship/motherhood status or just age/experience. I think due to talking to and knowing some many of the Halforumites, I'd probably be more distracted into just hanging out with a number of people than just getting DTF.

Well, this puts my Secret Santa gift in a different light.

I think my perspective is similar to @WasabiPoptart 's, in that thinking back to the last time I was single, it may have been something I was down for. I've had some one night stands and FWB that were fantastic sex, so from a purely carnal perspective, it seems like a win/win. But that was also over 15 years ago, and my views and needs have changed slightly, though I'm not sure if this is because of my long-term relationship/motherhood status or just age/experience. I think due to talking to and knowing some many of the Halforumites, I'd probably be more distracted into just hanging out with a number of people than just getting DTF.
I promise you allllll the talking and hanging out you want, after the first 10 minutes :p

For my part, I voted no because if two reasons: the price and odds make me hesitate. It is a lottery and I'm not much of a gambler. The other is that I honestly assessed my younger unmarried self and concluded that, while the idea would have titillated me, I would have been too chicken to actually commit to it. Anxiety would have won out, I'm afraid, and nothing more noble than that.

I wonder if this has something to do with the lack of urgency in men - apparently right now there is a gender disparity in men's favor. There are 3 college-educated men for every 4 college-educated women.
And the influx of Arab refugees, of which almost 70% are male, is already creating some very serious inbalance issues because of this. (In Germany/Belgium/etc, where there are tens of thousands arriving, not in countries who are accepting 50 guys, of course)

But anyways, I declared victory because I feel like the whole "as brazen and sex crazed as men" statement has proven to be a vague measurement, which cannot adequately be defined by one person's personal experience.

GasBandit

Staff member
But anyways, I declared victory because I feel like the whole "as brazen and sex crazed as men" statement has proven to be a vague measurement, which cannot adequately be defined by one person's personal experience.
Which means it can only be proven by empirical testing. Hope you got your fishnets mended!

It needs to be about what you want to do, not what you actually would do.
This might make a difference.... Maybe. I have trouble with "want" because that includes intellectual, emotional, and passionate wants. Which might just add up to what you would do.

Are we talking about tights? Because I have a lot of those. :unibrow:

Just admit that your initial hypothesis may not in fact be accurate, and we'll call it a tie. :rolleyes:

GasBandit

Staff member
Are we talking about tights? Because I have a lot of those. :unibrow:

Just admit that your initial hypothesis may not in fact be accurate, and we'll call it a tie. :rolleyes:
NEVAR.

Women may be privately (or selectively) as randy as men, but I still maintain there are higher percentage of indiscriminate males than females when it comes to casual hookups.

I still think my hypothesis is true - true gender equality will only be reached when women openly chase as much tail as men.

That's like me saying "True gender equality will only be reached when as many men can use a kitchen as women," which is a patently untrue statement in so many ways.

But to me this is a light hearted and not serious argument, because most of your examples have been in regards to societal gender roles such as marriage proposals, and not about sex.

GasBandit

Staff member
That's like me saying "True gender equality will only be reached when as many men can use a kitchen as women," which is a patently untrue statement in so many ways.
Excuse you, all the top chefs are male ;)

But to me this is a light hearted and not serious argument, because most of your examples have been in regards to societal gender roles such as marriage proposals, and not about sex.
Those were supporting points.

One book I assign in my evo psych. course:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/06911..._UL100_SR100,100_&refRID=0GR5XFNAVE3JX91YGGBW

Reactions: Dei

GasBandit

Staff member
Seeing as she's bisexual with a 99.9999% bent toward women, she'd be cancelling out a number from the female population, not adding to it :p.
So you're the 0.0001%? Wow, you must be inundated by wall street protesters day in, day out.

See, my argument was more about whether or not the desire for random hook-ups was the best measure for sexual desire/deviancy. Also whether or not wanting to hook up all the time was actually a legitimate measure of sexual equality, but like I said, to me, Gas's comment seems more about the actual social contract than about psychology. ;)