Changing hosts

Speak for yourself. :p

In case I failed to mention it, Tapatalk isn't working. And I keep getting errors when I try to go to the forum home (without the xenoforo link; apparently that's still attached to the tabs).

I think this is the fourth iteration of the site, so I guess it's more like "There are some places in the internet you don't go alone."

Glad it's working. Updated bookmark!

Considering the size and support crew of the site (ie: 1 Person, @Dave), I have no issues with the amount of downtime. Well done.

Dave

Staff member
Already done the redirect. And I've been locked out most of the day. Seems I had a bit of a virus that set off the new host and barred me from the site. But we're better now.

So I accidentally went on the xenforo Halforums (Chrome auto-filled the address) and it still has the banner, showed I have alerts (the correct number of them too), and so on. None of the threads were there, but it just looked like the site was down instead of being on a new server. Will all of that come down?

So I accidentally went on the xenforo Halforums (Chrome auto-filled the address) and it still has the banner, showed I have alerts (the correct number of them too), and so on. None of the threads were there, but it just looked like the site was down instead of being on a new server. Will all of that come down?
Try clearing your browser cache.

Yeah, that was the big problem with me and FF. Once I cleared the cache and the cookie, and re-logged in, everything was okay.

Well, as okay as this place can be, of course, but you know what I mean...

GasBandit

Staff member
That would work if I didn't do like 90% of my YouTubing on a phone or tablet.
Adblock also used to offer an android app that basically served as an on-device proxy, but they seem to have let that fall off the map in favor of their android browser, which doesn't help on youtube very much because android basically puts a gun to your head to use the youtube app for viewing any youtube content.

Adblock also used to offer an android app that basically served as an on-device proxy, but they seem to have let that fall off the map in favor of their android browser, which doesn't help on youtube very much because android basically puts a gun to your head to use the youtube app for viewing any youtube content.
If your android device is rooted, there are many adblockers that work well on it.

Dave

Staff member
All that needs be done is to drop favicon.ico into the root html folder. I'd do it, but it seems the login info has changed in the move (which was probably a good idea).
Yeah, I have to update the login information in the SUPER SECRET MOD AREA!