Coronavirus Thread

I’m glad I had my camera off and was muted when I joined a meeting today. There were a couple people talking about needing coffee and one person says “Ever since I had the flu, everything tastes really bitter and metallic.”

My jaw dropped and I said “are you fucking kidding me” out loud. One person said “I think you probably had Covid.” And they just say “well, I don’t know about that.”

Of course you don’t know. You didn’t get tested because you didn’t want to know.

Saw this earlier today:
...and not just, "detectable levels" radioactive, but "emits actual ionizing, cancer-causing radiation"-level radioactive.
I'm just imagining someone whose last words are something like, "That accursed 5G! I wore FIVE of these protective necklaces and those blasted overpowered 5G towers still gave me throat cancer!"

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member

Of course we knew it was coming! Just as epidemiologists warned that something like COVID-19 was coming! We should have been prepared for COVID-19. We could have stopped it, but Trump and other politicians fucked it up. This pandemic was preventable.

Why the fuck is Kamala Harris saying that this wasn't predictable?

If I recall, before Covid was even detected, Trump and his crew had dismantled U.S.-based foreign agencies, like in China, that were set up by Obama in response to SARS. They were set up specifically to help communicate and facilitate dealing with future outbreaks...like Covid.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
I have no idea why this guy called in at all. Nothing the doctor said will change his mind. In fact, the action of cutting him off because it was a stupid conversation will only cement in his mind that he was right. "He doesn't want to hear the truth!"

At the movie theatre to see Matrix Resurrections. Due to government mandates, you're not allowed to consume food or drink inside.

Probably the first time ever for me, walking into a theatre without some kind of snacks. It feels weird.

Like, I understand why. It sucks, but I understand. Maybe I'll get something to go on the way out.

Anti-vaxxer complains about vaccine mandates, like not being able to go to theaters. Says it's because of medical issues. Moron left his Facebook profile wide open for anyone to view and LOOKIE HERE at posts from last year.

He posted an anti-Semitic post, as an added bonus.

Antivax 0.JPG

Antivax 2.JPG

Antivax 1.JPG