Coronavirus Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
That coworker in my department who got covid a few months ago?

Yeah, he got covid again over Christmas. He IS vaccinated (but just with J&J because he kinda drank the kool-aid about mRNA vaccines), but his wife is not.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, I mean, I guess he could lie about it, but I don't really get why he would. My company isn't requiring vaccinations (yet - if the federal mandate goes through that could change).

My friend that died only had J&J too because MRNA and I'm NOT A GUINEA PIG (same shit my Calgary family said until I fucking browbeat them angrily over and over) and now he's dead and his wife now has to deal with being a Canadian in the USA, with nothing but bills and a one year old.

Doubting he was vaccinated now too.

Last edited:
J&J's only requiring one shot made it by far the easiest to forge.
That said, all these people saying "young people don't get as sick" and "it's just a flu" seem to forget that even the flu still kills, even the occasional young person.

J&J's only requiring one shot made it by far the easiest to forge.
That said, all these people saying "young people don't get as sick" and "it's just a flu" seem to forget that even the flu still kills, even the occasional young person.
I have friends that work in two different hospitals, one is a respiratory tech. She's said she's never seen someone on a respirator die that was vaccinated, making everyone who knew him question if he actually was or if he lied.

I have friends that work in two different hospitals, one is a respiratory tech. She's said she's never seen someone on a respirator die that was vaccinated, making everyone who knew him question if he actually was or if he lied.
While it's rare, I know of at least one fully vaccinated young guy who died from Covid. And I mean including a third booster shot.

A 95% efficiency rate is still 1 out of 20 people. And that was the highest one.

And if your immune system doesn't create the antibodies once, it likely won't if you repeat it, so it doesn't matter how many times you get boosted.

That's why it's so important that everyone that can be vaccinated gets vaccinated.

A 95% efficiency rate is still 1 out of 20 people. And that was the highest one.

And if your immune system doesn't create the antibodies once, it likely won't if you repeat it, so it doesn't matter how many times you get boosted.

That's why it's so important that everyone that can be vaccinated gets vaccinated.
That's not the chance of death even for the unvaccinated.

Yeah, obviously, that's just the chance of getting the disease even when vaccinated.

Point was that 1/20 is still a lot of people who can still get the disease, and of course some will still die.

My wife (which she is still, for a while yet) and her girlfriend have caught the Rona. She told me this afternoon. They're both vaxxed and boosted, but work retail, so opportunities for exposure are high.

I, on the other hand, seem to have caught the generic sinus crud which is sweeping this area.

My mom literally just said, "Everyone's going to get it anyways, it's just like a cold now."

I hate this.

GasBandit

Staff member
My mom literally just said, "Everyone's going to get it anyways, it's just like a cold now."

I hate this.
"Yes, now, thanks to you and those like you. We could have had this thing gone forever in 2 weeks if people just listened to doctors."

I'm not sure if it's tragic irony or poetic justice that the ones most against mandates and vaccines are the ones that are dying off.
The "Liberty or Death" screamers are getting to experience both, I guess.

Got boosted today. Probably gonna take tomorrow off in anticipation of side effects.
For both my first and second shots, side effects were terrible. I was surprised at how mild the booster was. But I'm also in the trifecta of AZ/Moderna/Pfizer so it's possible Pfizer was always mild.

GasBandit

Staff member
For both my first and second shots, side effects were terrible. I was surprised at how mild the booster was. But I'm also in the trifecta of AZ/Moderna/Pfizer so it's possible Pfizer was always mild.
I'm rocking Moderna for all three, so this is going to be interesting.