Coronavirus Thread

WHY IS IT TRENDY TO REFUSE TO WEAR A MASK?! IF WE ALL WORE MASKS IN PUBLIC VIRUS TRANSMISSION WOULD GO DOWN AND WE COULD MAYBE HAVE NICE THINGS. FUCK EVERYONE.

"Wear a mask!? The government should never tell me what to wear! That's tyranny!"

"Oh glad we agree, let me just take off all my clothes, they are feeling extra restraining today."

"Gross dude you can't do that."

"Oh? Says who?"

"It's against the law."

"Who makes the laws?"

"The gov...."

"....."

"....."

"....."

"Fuck off libtard!"

What's funny is half these guys would have worn a face mask anyways because the face mask was also a sign of anonymity and rebellion, the true "outlaw". You see lots of these dopes appear at their protests with guns and masks before all this happened.

It only changes when you are told to wear it to save lives, then of course it's a sign of oppression for some reason.

Apparently Pence is going to visit a nursing home in Florida even though he should be quarantining himself, so fuck everything.

figmentPez

Staff member
One of the rumors going around is that wearing a mask while you're sick will cause you to breathe in more of the virus and make you sicker, and that's why some people don't want to wear masks....

Holy shit are people dumb.

I also heard that dihydrogen monoxide can kill you if too much builds up in your lungs, AND supposedly the stuff is everywhere!

Last edited:
I also heard that hydrogen dioxide can kill you if too much builds up in your lungs, AND supposedly the stuff is everywhere!
Science nerd note - some people actually do use nebulized "hydrogen dioxide" (aka hydrogen peroxide) as an adjunctive therapy for viral respiratory diseases. Not that it's an officially sanctioned treatment or anything (as it can be quite an irritant depending on concentration used).

Of course, many, MANY medical-grade products and therapies contain dihydrogen (mon)oxide, which certainly can be lethal at fairly low levels in the lungs. And think of how much of it is in our oceans!

/nerd

I hope the fact that it can fucking kill you is true.
Side effects include:
Onset of heart disease (arrhythmia, cardiac arrest, atrophy)
Breathing restriction
Mood changes, including suicidal thoughts
Blurred vision and/or tinnitus
Hypoglycemia and borderline hemophilia

--Patrick

This isn't as silly as it might seem on the surface. A little VR tech going the opposite way, and this could revolutionize the spectating experience.

Oh boy, Georgia is giving us a preview of what the GOP is going to try to pull in November when the US is covered in Corona because the federal government is full of assholes.

Dave

Staff member
So reading that, they never have to have elections again for a seat vacating. All they have to do is pull this crap & they can subvert the will of the people. Which, we know, is what republicans do best. For example, Nebraska voted YEARS ago to expand Medicare. Hasn’t happened yet because Ricketts isn’t allowing it to go forward.

Nebraska voted YEARS ago to expand Medicare. Hasn’t happened yet because Ricketts isn’t allowing it to go forward.
Perhaps if NE could be convinced to increase its D uptake, it would finally be able to get rid of Ricketts.

—Patrick