Coronavirus Thread

I read an article this morning that last week there was a house party down the street from where we live, possibly a graduation party, and now there are 20 confirmed cases of Covid from a bunch of 15-19 year-olds. Mind you, CONFIRMED cases. One of the points of the article is some parents are refusing to help the city and state do the tracing they need to because they don't want to get in trouble for underage drinking as well.

As I've said in other threads, I am surrounded by spoiled dumbasses.

I read an article this morning that last week there was a house party down the street from where we live, possibly a graduation party, and now there are 20 confirmed cases of Covid from a bunch of 15-19 year-olds. Mind you, CONFIRMED cases. One of the points of the article is some parents are refusing to help the city and state do the tracing they need to because they don't want to get in trouble for underage drinking as well.

As I've said in other threads, I am surrounded by spoiled dumbasses.
I hate this so much. We're still doing a grad party Sunday, but we've putting so many precautions in place to try and keep it safe. Mostly outdoors. Distanced tables. Masks for anyone going indoors. Plastic gloves for getting food. No touch hand sanitizer dispensers.

I'm still so friggin paranoid this is going to be us.

GasBandit

Staff member
People just need to understand that "doing things" is over, TFN. You don't get to go places, or do things. Because you can't be trusted to be responsible.

No more parties. No more eating out. No more bars, no more restaurants, no more movies, no more festivals, no more meetings, nothing.

Stay the fuck home. And when you have to go to get groceries, wear a mask. And wash your hands before and after like you had to fish every morsel of food straight out of a septic tank.

You huge babies.

People just need to understand that "doing things" is over, TFN. You don't get to go places, or do things. Because you can't be trusted to be responsible.

No more parties. No more eating out. No more bars, no more restaurants, no more movies, no more festivals, no more meetings, nothing.

Stay the fuck home. And when you have to go to get groceries, wear a mask. And wash your hands before and after like you had to fish every morsel of food straight out of a septic tank.

You huge babies.
Poor @Emrys.
:whistling:

I hate this so much. We're still doing a grad party Sunday, but we've putting so many precautions in place to try and keep it safe. Mostly outdoors. Distanced tables. Masks for anyone going indoors. Plastic gloves for getting food. No touch hand sanitizer dispensers.

I'm still so friggin paranoid this is going to be us.
I hate to quote this part of our Sex Ed. curriculum, but you can take all the safety precautions that exist, and still, the only 100% guaranteed prevention against infection is abstinence. Although it does sound like you are taking far more precautions than this group did.

Maybe in the shithole states, but some of us have found a balance.

Spoiler: it involves wearing a mask.
True, and it helps significantly, but like I said, the only 100% guarantee is abstaining. Even with masks, gloves, sanitizers, social distancing, etc. there is always a risk being around other people right now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Maybe in the shithole states, but some of us have found a balance.

Spoiler: it involves wearing a mask.
Doesn't take but one or two selfish assholes to defeat it, unfortunately. And I posted a video not 24 hours ago that showed New York's finest completely disregarding "MASKS REQUIRED" signs on a restaurant.

Just because black people get assaulted by cops for no good reason at a disproportionately large rate doesn't mean that white people dont get assaulted by cops for no good reason at a way-too-high rate.

And a hammock. I'm really looking forward to spending some time in the hammock. Finally some peace and quiet.....
I mean, no, sister Emrys, don't throw me in that briar patch!
It's okay, you can sit with me in the corner.

Do you like Yahtzee? We can play Yahtzee if you like.

But first we have to scrimshaw some dice. I have some bone here if you want to help....

I'm still trying to decide if I should let my daughter go to school in a few weeks. Her district is masks required and they are only letting half the school in at a time, so they go for 2 or 3 days a week, then pretty much remote learn the other days. I think that will be a clusterfuck, and that the online schooling option will be more consistent, not to mention safer, but my daughter is still shell shocked from the horrible emergency homeschool they did in spring, which was pretty much giving them piles of work a day and expecting them to work on their own. The other issue with online is that she open enrolled to the one school in the district that offers the IB program, and the online schooling won't have any of those classes.

My biggest issue of course is that I don't trust other people to have been doing the right thing. And the school she's going to is in a small town right next to Boulder, the city of the highest non-vax compliance in the state. Also I worry that the people that are willing to send their high schoolers back are also more likely to not take things seriously. I do trust my daughter to wear her mask, I've even been showing her how to sew her own because she wants to make a whole set to coordinate with her outfits. And I think that the school buildings will be pretty empty, and that the teachers will be taking things seriously. So I'm torn.

I'm still trying to decide if I should let my daughter go to school in a few weeks. Her district is masks required and they are only letting half the school in at a time, so they go for 2 or 3 days a week, then pretty much remote learn the other days. I think that will be a clusterfuck, and that the online schooling option will be more consistent, not to mention safer, but my daughter is still shell shocked from the horrible emergency homeschool they did in spring, which was pretty much giving them piles of work a day and expecting them to work on their own. The other issue with online is that she open enrolled to the one school in the district that offers the IB program, and the online schooling won't have any of those classes.

My biggest issue of course is that I don't trust other people to have been doing the right thing. And the school she's going to is in a small town right next to Boulder, the city of the highest non-vax compliance in the state. Also I worry that the people that are willing to send their high schoolers back are also more likely to not take things seriously. I do trust my daughter to wear her mask, I've even been showing her how to sew her own because she wants to make a whole set to coordinate with her outfits. And I think that the school buildings will be pretty empty, and that the teachers will be taking things seriously. So I'm torn.
My wife is a teacher and her union has been advised to get their last will and testaments in order before September.

Schools are a cesspool of viruses and bacteria at the best of times. They should not be opening. maks, no masks, doesn't matter. They should not be opening in a pandemic. Full stop.

They haven't officially announced what they're doing here yet, but this was one of the proposals for my son's school, and if they push it forward, I will be questioning it for the same reasons.

Meanwhile the Catholic school my cousins attend in NYC has announced schooling will be online until further notice. I really hope we get the same decision, as much as I know Li'l Z misses being around people.

So in other news, Polis made last call 10pm in Colorado for the time being, and ooh boy are all the idiots mad. I don't even think stand alone bars are allowed to be open right now, so fuck right off with your whining that you have to drink at home after 10pm.

Also I can't deal with the willfully ignorant comments like "Hur Hur I guess the coronavirus can tell time lololol."