Coronavirus Thread

Sounds like my brother almost died of Coronavirus last week. He's recovering now, but spent several days in the ICU. Apparently it made him really sit up and take note of his health though, and the week away from the evil cunt that I won't refer to as my grandmother apparently did him a world of emotional and mental good, because he's making adult decisions for the first time in over a decade.

I called this one "irony."
Irony.png

This actually came up in my timeline: the bottom pic is of one of my fellow church members (here in AZ) posting a pic of her watching this week's service online from home.

Wow Ted Cruz is so edgy guys.

Gee, I wonder why people might be suggesting this. It's not like other countries did this and it work..... Oh.

GasBandit

Staff member
I kinda wish my company didn't have such stringent mask and health policies in place. More than one of my coworkers thinks plandemic is real, and they've seen "no evidence with my own eyes" that there's even any sickness at all. They think the deaths are being wrongfully attributed to COVID. "Oh this guy tested positive and died in a car wreck. Put it in as he died of corona."

/headdesk

Oof. Our public transport services will fine you 40€ for not wearing a mask. Which is good, but all the QAnon, Rightwingers, Antivaxxers and stupid people are coming out of the woodwork to complain. Spouting harebrained arguments that makes you shake your head.

But if they didn’t have such stringent policies in place, Mr. Plandemic there would feel free to wear his mask down over his Adam’s apple until such time as he Courier-19’d up the office and maybe a handful of clients, too. And I assume your boss is trying to avoid the Yelp review that says, “Deducted a star because one of their workers infected half our staff with COVID.”

—Patrick

You're right, it is against multiple school policies, but there's definitely more to the story:

Two Students Say They Were Suspended From Their Georgia High School For Posting Photos Of Crowded Hallways

"We have a progressive discipline system. When disciplining me and the other student, they skipped level one and went straight to two." - one of the suspended students said. This wasn't just following policy, since this was a student who says she's never been in trouble before.

"Despite reports of positive COVID-19 cases among students and staff, classes have resumed and students have been told they could face expulsion if they don't attend."

"The school district has also chosen not to enforce mask-wearing, calling it a 'personal choice,' "

Another article has more disturbing information.

A staff member attended planning sessions while symptomatic, and later tested positive, but the school is refusing to even confirm if any other teachers or staff have tested positive "citing privacy concerns".

Their virtual learning option had limited slots, and at least some parents weren't even notified of that option before slots were already full.

--

I have no doubts that this is not an isolated case, and that the majority of schools across the country are doing, or are going to be doing, the exact same things.

Batten down the hatches, it's going to get bad.
Audio released of the principal administering harsher punishment for criticizing the school (which is unconstitutional) led to enough outcry that the suspension was lifted.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oof. Our public transport services will fine you 40€ for not wearing a mask. Which is good, but all the QAnon, Rightwingers, Antivaxxers and stupid people are coming out of the woodwork to complain. Spouting harebrained arguments that makes you shake your head.
This discussion just came up because apparently there's something in the news about sending people to jail if they don't get the vaccine.