E3 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, their 25th anniversary, Nintendo's letting you buy a bunch of old games all over again. SWEET!

Is it just me, cause I often feel alone in this, but man, that Mario game looks like trash. It looks slow as shit and awkward as hell.
Added at: 10:40
Ugh, I will never buy one of those.
Added at: 10:41
It will offer more than any digital offering Nintendo has put forth before - Reggie

THAT MEANS FUCKING NOTHING. ANYTHING IS MORE THAN NOTHING.
Added at: 10:45
It has been 45 minutes and they've shown fuck and all. Like 2 NEW 3DS games.

JESUS CHRIST.
Added at: 10:45
This is worse than Microsoft's Kinect horseshit.

Wii U? Really?
Added at: 10:52
The new controller idea is interesting. I bet Sony and Microsoft try to copy next year. :p

figmentPez

Staff member
This controller is going to be expensive, but it looks awesome.

If the WiiU has BluRay, I'm definitely buying it.

When I said get ready to pay 100 bucks or more for a controller, man, I was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY under target.

figmentPez

Staff member
Is it even going to be possible to use two WiiU controllers on the same system? If they're wirelessly streaming the video content, it may be limited to just one.

I'll believe all this shit they promise when I see it. So far, I see a bunch of concept features and a bunch of 360/PS3 games that'll come out 6-7-8 months later on Wiiu.
Added at: 11:17
And a price tag that'll likely make more than a few people gasp. Nintendo does not lose money on hardware or they wouldn't exist now.

Basically Nintendo is adding an Ipad to a controller and people are calling SUPERINNOVATIVEONLYNINTENDOCOULDTHINKOFSUCHTHINGS.

figmentPez

Staff member
The shoulder buttons on the SNES weren't amazing works of imagination, but Nintendo was the first to have them. The analog stick on the N64 wasn't some new unheard of tech, but Nintendo was the first console maker to make it standard equipment. The motion controls on Wii were similar to what had been done in peripherals, but Nintendo was brave enough to build a system around them.

To me the amazing thing about the WiiU is not that Nintendo thought of something no one else did, but that Nintendo had the guts to make the system no one else has. That's what Nintendo is good at.

Ahh, yes, the system that killed the analog joystick until Nintendo made it actually work well on a console.

D

Disconnected

During the trailers for 3rd party WiiU titles, they showed Tekken with customizable characters. Including drawing on fighters faces.
wow. funny because it's true. if you can customize it, expect to find a penis on it. I think I'll go the other way and put up a big sloppy dripping [censored].

Unless it's made of cheapo shitty parts or Nintendo decides to go the razor and blade business model, that thing is going to be the opposite of cheap.
Added at: 14:43
And according to 1up, no HDD for the main console. SD CARDS AGAIN.

Fuck you Nintendo.

figmentPez

Staff member
:p That's not the point!
Actually, that's exactly the point. The 5200 was a failure that was not copied because it was a broken implementation (the PCjr had analog joysticks as well, but that platform was a failure for other reasons.) Nintendo's controller design was copied because it worked. The 5200's design was nearly forgotten by history because it did not work. After Nintendo put more buttons on the SNES, the Genesis put out a new six button pad. After the N64 showed that (self-centering) analog sticks could work, only then did the Dual-shock controller come out from Sony.

Nintendo didn't create extra buttons, or analog sticks, or motion controls... They just made them work, and well enough that the competition implemented them as well. The big touch-screen tablet controller isn't a Nintendo invention, but they just might be the ones to make it effective for a home console.
Added at: 16:52
And according to 1up, no HDD for the main console. SD CARDS AGAIN.
Yeah, forget that noise. Lack of a hard drive is a huge failure and, if true, shows that Nintendo has no clue how to win back the hardcore gamer.

No HDD + No BluRay = I'm probably not buying this for a while.

Internal flash memory, size unknown. Compatible with SD card storage expansion and external USB hard drives.

So, basically, unknown built-in storage, expandable external storage without the need to release an entire SKU.

Status
Not open for further replies.