Former President and Convicted Felon Trump Thread

Somebody just tried to kill Trump at his rally, grazed his ear.
Trump then starts frothing up the crowd while pumping his fist in the air as he's bleeding down his face and Secret Service agents are trying to push his ass off the stage.
Fucking hell, this is just going to make his cultists even more radical now that he can play the martyr. :mad:

I'd heard that they rushed him off stage and then he came back out again to continue, nothing about the ear.
Rumor mills are probably going full tilt right now.

--Patrick

Great. Now he’s a great hero, a martyr for the cause, blah blah blah.

If the shooter has anything to do with the military or government, this will be “Biden tried to have him assassinated.”

If the shooter is Muslim, an immigrant from Latin America, or has any shade of skin color other than white, the MAGA loons will go nuts.

And now every Republican will come out to the polls for the Dear Leader. Biden was already struggling; this pretty much seals it for Trump.

Great. Now he’s a great hero, a martyr for the cause, blah blah blah.

If the shooter has anything to do with the military or government, this will be “Biden tried to have him assassinated.”

If the shooter is Muslim, an immigrant from Latin America, or has any shade of skin color other than white, the MAGA loons will go nuts.

And now every Republican will come out to the polls for the Dear Leader. Biden was already struggling; this pretty much seals it for Trump.
The funny* thing is, the shooter is most likely resembles one of his supporters, especially in that crowd. Hell, it's most likely someone who supports him WOULD do something like that. Or they have in other shootings in the US.

*Nothing about this is funny. No one should be shooting politicians. Of course, it's his party that keeps insisting everyone and their dog should have 20 guns at all times, so maybe if there was, oh, I don't know, an iota of gun control, this would be far less likely to happen?

Another thing that worries me is that some deranged Trump supporter will take this as justification for killing Biden. Or some other prominent Democrat. Or anyone, for that matter.

Feels staged. After the number of shots that happened how is no one else hurt in that crowd?
I was just about to say that. Multiple shots in rapid succession and no one got hit? Someone pulled a gun in the crowed, and none of his followers jumped on them, so we don't even have the shooter?

He looks like he's resisting his security detail to give his fist salute instead of getting the hell out of there.

Something seems off.

figmentPez

Staff member
Feels staged. After the number of shots that happened how is no one else hurt in that crowd?
News reports are saying that there are reports of multiple people in the crowd who were injured, including one shot in the head. Who knows if it's true, but it's definitely too early to say that no one in the crowd was injured.

figmentPez

Staff member
News is reporting that the shooter is dead.*

*Or, at least, someone identified as the shooter.

Also, reports are saying one person who was in the audience is dead.

You know, if you told me there’d be a failed assasination attempt of Trump, I wouldn’t have thought my reaction would be as whatever as I feel. Not even mad it failed. Just whatever.

You know, if you told me there’d be a failed assasination attempt of Trump, I wouldn’t have thought my reaction would be as whatever as I feel. Not even mad it failed. Just whatever.
Right.

"Oh too bad he missed" was my whole reaction. That was it.

Better luck next time.

So far, my guess about the shooter resembling, or being, one of his own seems to be sticking. They've been courting this kind of people for years. You can't control crazy.

Fuuuuuuuuuuucccck. Reagan got a huge bump after he was shot at.
Given the reactions I've seen online, I'm not sure he will. When Reagan was shot, it was still shocking and rare. We're in a news cycle where shootings are getting more frequent, and people are more desensitized to it now, thanks mostly to his own party. I saw an article elsewhere that Republicans were announcing "thoughts and prayers", but not one said this could have be prevented by laws. I'm worried it will embolden some more of his cult, not at the polls but in every day life. But then again, I'm worried about that on a daily basis.