Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Meh, I've left my front door unlocked when I leave the house so that my son can get in when he forgets his house key. If you don't live in a city (and there's a lot of US that isn't city), you can get away with that plenty.
One of my friends always leaves her door unlocked at all times. She gave me two reasons why:

1) if someone really wanted to rob them, etc, the old locks on their 1940's era house are not likely to stop anyone long

2) the neighbor directly across the street is a cop who randomly comes over to play with my friend's dogs, borrow the oven, or just to spontaneously clean things

I gave her reason number 3, her dog is a Newfoundland that is a sweetheart to friendly people and would eat anyone being aggressive.

Everyone who's all "I have a big dog"

Robbers have bacon.
Next door neighbors at the old house had a rottweiler. A big fraidy cat rottweiler. One time I called him over to get attention, instead he went behind the fence to hide. When I looked back after I got to my front door, he was peeking shyly around the edge of the fence. And he absolutely loved the pizza guys. A big sweetheart of a dog.

fade

Staff member
I leave my back door unlocked in Houston a lot. I mean, I have floor to ceiling windows in the back, so I'm not sure the lock is all that effective.

I leave my back door unlocked in Houston a lot. I mean, I have floor to ceiling windows in the back, so I'm not sure the lock is all that effective.
After buying a significant amount of glass and windows, I'd put a sign on the back door that said "unlocked - please don't break the windows," anytime I left town.

GasBandit

Staff member
Pfft, that's quitter talk!
Shit, I didn't even get my old bed when I went home to visit last week! Dad put me on the couch! The grandfolks got the guest room, just like in the song.

My room was in the basement. Which they have since knocked out the walls and remodeled, in the wake of not one but TWO sewage backups. Now it's all bare concrete and steel shelves. Not exactly the most romantic of environments. Or, hey, maybe it is for some people, I'm not here to judge.