Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

That seems pretty solid for the crime, I think. Restitution for the owl and community service towards animal care seem right. The fine and suspension are icing.

"Moreno received a two-match ban, a $560 fine from Colombian football's governing body in addition to veterinary costs for the owl's treatment and was ordered to do community service at a zoo."

So he got a glorified slap on the wrist. Fucking hell.
Yeah that's some bullshit, guy should at least been kicked off the team if not the league. Psycho shit

That seems pretty solid for the crime, I think. Restitution for the owl and community service towards animal care seem right. The fine and suspension are icing.
Yeah, this seems like a remarkably fair punishment for something that might not even be illegal in Colombia. Most countries have very few actual animal cruelty laws. It was a dick move that cost him months of pay.

I dunno, I think seeing a teammate do something like that would be deeply disturbing, I wouldn't feel safe traveling with the guy after that

And to be fair, there are a lot of people in the states that would be ok with this. I'm just a big ol softy here in this country

figmentPez

Staff member
Sorry if you guys don't find this as funny as I did. I ran across this post on r/crochet and was like WTF?

View attachment 39637
Yes, funny but not really a WTF for me. My first thought that this is someone asking for a small(er) group than a bustling subreddit. If someone posted in r/books asking for online book clubs, I wouldn't <You'd best start believing in online book discussions; you're in one_PotC Barbossa meme.jpg>. I'd assume they're looking for something akin to IRL book clubs, where a number of people who could fit in a living room agree to read the same book and discuss it; not some giant Reddit thread where you just hope that someone else has recently read the same book you have.

There's a huge difference between a Reddit Dicussion™ and actually talking with people. Chances are this person meant "Are there any online crochet groups that are smaller and more structured than Reddit?" but didn't know how to clarify just what they're looking for.

Yes, funny but not really a WTF for me. My first thought that this is someone asking for a small(er) group than a bustling subreddit. If someone posted in r/books asking for online book clubs, I wouldn't <You'd best start believing in online book discussions; you're in one_PotC Barbossa meme.jpg>. I'd assume they're looking for something akin to IRL book clubs, where a number of people who could fit in a living room agree to read the same book and discuss it; not some giant Reddit thread where you just hope that someone else has recently read the same book you have.

There's a huge difference between a Reddit Dicussion™ and actually talking with people. Chances are this person meant "Are there any online crochet groups that are smaller and more structured than Reddit?" but didn't know how to clarify just what they're looking for.
Yeah, that's kind of exactly what they're looking for. I snipped the part of their message that explained it, and made it less funny. However, everything they're asking for in a smaller group already happens on r/crochet. The biggest difference is you don't really get to know the participants on a personal level.

I never thought about how the Mummy should just have, like, a perpetual piss stain on the front bandages.
THANKS FOR THAT

--Patrick