Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

GasBandit

Staff member
Mostly applies to Houston, DFW, Austin, and San Antonio. I’m not sure anyone in the rest of the state spends money on roads.
Highways 6 and 105 (and here lately, even 21) have all been dumpster fires of cones and construction. They're putting in an underpass south of Navasota for... reasons?

Also, in BCS, just about every major street has had unnecessary medians installed, all the locals are up in arms about the makework "spend money to not lose it" street construction going on.

Highways 6 and 105 (and here lately, even 21) have all been dumpster fires of cones and construction. They're putting in an underpass south of Navasota for... reasons?

Also, in BCS, just about every major street has had unnecessary medians installed, all the locals are up in arms about the makework "spend money to not lose it" street construction going on.
My statement didn’t exclude BCS, just falls outside that “mostly.” There is some construction here in East Texas, things that are rerouting traffic on major highways, but still relatively minor traffic wise compared to what happens in all major he big cities.

Remember how Bond played a videogame against the big bad? Hungry, Hungry Hippo is not so far off.

However, that movie is not really part of the canon. If we can even speak of a canon.

I fuckin hate apps. I fuckin hate that I live in a world where a colored lightbulb needs to be provided an e-mail address to create an account. The only "App" that anything should need is a web browser.

Does that mean we're not going to get a Halforums app?

I ran into #12 buying a branston pickle sandwich at the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. it was 80% empty bread with all the pickle pushed to the cut side.

GasBandit

Staff member
What makes me as angry as the deception is all the people who defend this shit. "It says how much you're getting on the package." They can fuck off with that bullshit.
Yeah really. What if they did away with things like weight and calories and just started listing food amounts as joules or Newton-meters? "Dude it says how much you're getting right there on the packaging" The packaging is intentionally deceptive and the unit measurements are intentionally arcane and unintuitive.

It really depends.
Some of those worked be straight up illegal here as deceptive.
Some of those are perfectly fine in my opinion.
Some of those are shrinkflation in action.

What was sold vs what was delivered

My sister used to have a sweater that, like number 11, would become translucent under flash photography. She didn't know until she participated in a group photo in a moderately formal setting while standing in the front row.

Yeah really. What if they did away with things like weight and calories and just started listing food amounts as joules or Newton-meters? "Dude it says how much you're getting right there on the packaging" The packaging is intentionally deceptive and the unit measurements are intentionally arcane and unintuitive.
"I'll trade you 1000 picoliters of my milk for 4 gills of yours."

--Patrick

I mean... even though I'm not a big fan of Sheeran or Corden, sitting with two guys having fun singing exuberantly doesn't sound like it'd be the worst thing in the world?

Dave

Staff member
I mean... even though I'm not a big fan of Sheeran or Corden, sitting with two guys having fun singing exuberantly doesn't sound like it'd be the worst thing in the world?
Unless I’m there as well and the song is Bohemian Rhapsody.