Funny (political, religious) pictures

You reminded me how infuriating it was when I first moved here ages ago. In California we just called all soft drinks "soda" so then I moved out to Texas and it was like...

"May I take your order?"
"A number 6 with a coke please."
"What kind of coke?"
"What you mean what kind of coke?"
"You know, like Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, whatever."
"Just a coke."
"Oh a coke, why didn't you say so."

Used to it now, but every once in awhile you always get that place where you say you want a coke and they give you some other random soda because they thought you wanted them to surprise you.

You reminded me how infuriating it was when I first moved here ages ago. In California we just called all soft drinks "soda" so then I moved out to Texas and it was like...

"May I take your order?"
"A number 6 with a coke please."
"What kind of coke?"
"What you mean what kind of coke?"
"You know, like Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, whatever."
"Just a coke."
"Oh a coke, why didn't you say so."

Used to it now, but every once in awhile you always get that place where you say you want a coke and they give you some other random soda because they thought you wanted them to surprise you.
And here in Canada, we refer to it as "pop." When I lived in the states for a year, I got so many confused looks when ordering.

GasBandit

Staff member
1624052709680.png

Having spent my early childhood in Maryland, and later moved to New Mexico and Colorado, obviously I'm one of the "soda" jerks. I'd like to think that growing red cloud in central Texas is something I am contributing to.

View attachment 38105

Having spent my early childhood in Maryland, and later moved to New Mexico and Colorado, obviously I'm one of the "soda" jerks. I'd like to think that growing red cloud in central Texas is something I am contributing to.
We always called it "coke" when I was a kid in Texas. But that's because we actually drank Coca Cola. When I switched, I started calling it "soda" to differentiate what I was asking for from "coke"