Games on SALE!

Itch.Io has a bundle right now for over SEVEN HUNDRED GAMES, with a minimum donation of $5. Though not just video games. Looks like there's some tabletop RPG stuff in there, too. There's...a lot to look at. They're all with direct download, so no Steam keys, but there are some really solid indie games among it like Oxenfree, Night in the Woods, A Short Hike, and Minit.

Keep in mind: these are direct download only. No Steam keys.

Best of all, all proceeds go towards the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund.

We need a thread of recommended games just from this bundle. It looks astounding, and I finally got it today with my check, but it's a lot to sift through.

We need a thread of recommended games just from this bundle. It looks astounding, and I finally got it today with my check, but it's a lot to sift through.
Considering it's now up to 1637 games/projects/books/etc.....Yeah. I have no idea where to begin.
It also means that all of a sudden, itch.io is now the game site with my largest library, dwarfing GOG.com and Steam :-D

Just off the top of my head, these alone would be worth the $5.

Celeste
The Hex
Minit
Night in the Woods
Nuclear Throne
Octodad
Oxenfree
A Short Hike
They Bleed Pixels
Those alone would

This site also helps you filter what's in the bundle.

I have to say, I've had an itch (no pun intended) to play some strange indy games lately, and that bundle has a lot of weird shit in it. I'm pretty excited.

Everything alwyas subject to change and all that, but I usually still install from the website. If Galaxy's installed they'll try to get you to use that instead of a regular installer, but even so. Just tested and most of my games start up just fine without Galaxy.

Honestly, for all the complaining about launchers, I'd promptly install an itch.io launcher if it let me easily sift through the 1000 games I just bought.

Gamers who own The Witcher 3 on Playstation or Xbox can now claim a free PC copy on GOG.com. It's part of a promotion to get more people to install GOG Galaxy 2.0 (PC players who have the game through Steam, Origin, or Epic can also add it to their GOG.com library.)
You can also check for games like this at gog.com/connect if you either don't want or can't run the launcher (v2 of the launcher requires Win8 or newer).
On the other hand, another launcher?
GOG's launcher tries to launch all the other launchers so you don't have to launch them yourself.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Not really a game, per se, but the latest Humble Bundle is Campaign Cartography 3+ for $30.
  • Good
    • Have you USED CC3+? It's kind of amazing. The only thing stopping me was the price and price of addons.
    • This bundles has a lot of addons that I wanted but didn't want to pay extra for.
  • Bad
    • You HAVE to pay the full $30 unless you already have CC3+ installed. All the ones up to the $30 tier are addons. The main program is in the $30 tier.
    • You have to install each thing separately, which is a pain in the ass.
That's it. Great deal, considering it's a lifetime license with unlimited upgrades & fixes. Unless they come out with CC4...

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
The sale prices are all over the place. Borderlands 1 GOTY costs twice as much as Borderlands 2 GOTY. I'm kinda disappointed at the discounts, given that I'm trying to get Emrys' game library up to snuff.

figmentPez

Staff member
Ubisoft is giving away Watch Dogs 2 this weekend, but you'll have to jump through some hoops. They're showcasing new games in a livestream, and you'll have to log into a Ubisoft account during the livestream (Sunday 3pm ET) to claim the game (and, if it's anything like previous giveaways, it might be necessary to actually open Uplay to get it to redeem properly.)

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, on the one hand, Killing Floor 2 is now free.

On the other hand, it's free on Epic Game Store.

So, I guess if you're there, you can get that.

figmentPez

Staff member
Ubisoft is giving away Watch Dogs 2 this weekend, but you'll have to jump through some hoops. They're showcasing new games in a livestream, and you'll have to log into a Ubisoft account during the livestream (Sunday 3pm ET) to claim the game (and, if it's anything like previous giveaways, it might be necessary to actually open Uplay to get it to redeem properly.)
To no one's surprise, Ubisoft is fucking this up. Their servers are overwhelmed, and its nearly impossible to login to get credit for watching the stream. Even authorizing an account to get Twitch drops from watching a Twitch stream is failing.

To no one's surprise, Ubisoft is fucking this up. Their servers are overwhelmed, and its nearly impossible to login to get credit for watching the stream. Even authorizing an account to get Twitch drops from watching a Twitch stream is failing.
Yeah, I've done everything I can. Looks like Ubisoft can't do anything right.

figmentPez

Staff member
Yeah, I've done everything I can. Looks like Ubisoft can't do anything right.
It took them a half-hour into the main event stream to tweet out that everyone would get the rewards, even if they couldn't log in. To me that speaks volumes. Anyone doing an online event should have a contingency plan for if things go down. They lost over a half-hour of their audience's attention because they weren't prepared.

figmentPez

Staff member
It took them a half-hour into the main event stream to tweet out that everyone would get the rewards, even if they couldn't log in. To me that speaks volumes. Anyone doing an online event should have a contingency plan for if things go down. They lost over a half-hour of their audience's attention because they weren't prepared.
Those that still want Watch Dogs 2 should be able to get it at this link.