Games on SALE!

I am really, REALLY tempted to get this.

They keep popping up in my ads. It’s scary how they know me. If I wasn’t building a working Murray I would totally be apologizing for it to my wife by now. (Also, I bought all the games again a week or two ago when they were on sale.)

GOG added a bunch of extra games and discounts.
Depends on your personal preferences, of course, but both Deus Ex and Deus Ex Invisible War are now €0.99 - very much worth it for anyone who hasn't played them or who's a bit nostalgic.

Anyone have extra steam cards to trade to help craft a badge or two? I still need "VR game of the year" and "Sit back and relax".

I’m looking for:
Game of the year
Outstanding story rich game
Outstanding visual style
Labour of love
Most innovative game play

I have the following to trade:

1 best soundtrack
4 sit back and relax

figmentPez

Staff member
In case anyone didn't know, or has forgotten, if you've got an Amazon Prime subscription, you can link it to your Twitch account and get "free" games. Once you claim the game they remain in your account, even after you cancel Prime, but they're only available for a limited time.

The games just added to Prime Gaming today are:
- Along The Edge
- Alt-Frequencies
- Bridge Constructor Playground
- Void-Bastards
- When Ski-Lifts Go Wrong

Also still available (I don't know for how much longer) are a bunch of SNK games (e.g. Metal Slug 2, Samurai Showdown 5), Overcooked, Wizard of Legend, and others.

Yeah. Twitch and Epic are the primary things keeping me from actually paying for games. I'm like "Ooh, that game I want is on sale...but I've got these 300 games I got for free I should look through first".

Twitch generally only gives out big games 2-3 times a year. The rest are the indiest of indies... things you've never heard of nor have any idea how interesting they are. That said, Twitch gives out LOTS of free stuff for MMOs, MOBAs, and other titles.

figmentPez

Staff member
The rest are the indiest of indies... things you've never heard of nor have any idea how interesting they are.
It doesn't take much to Google the names and find out which ones are highly rated. There have been some fantastic gems that aren't AAA titles, but are still well worth paying for, even if you missed claiming them for free, like Battle Chef Brigade. I've got a pretty solid list of games that I definitely want to give a shot (damn my mental health getting in the way of even having hobbies!)

Current titles on offer that have received solid reviews include:

Void Bastards

I can't find a good YouTube review of Wizard of Legend, but I know several streamers who have spent a fair amount of time playing it. If you're choosing a Rogue-like action RPG to buy, Hades will probably be higher on the list, but from what I've seen Wizard of Legend is worth the time spent if you've already got it on hand.

And now I wish YouTube had an option to just search channels you follow, because I thought someone I watch reviewed Turmoil and loved it, but I can't remember who. Also Overcooked was quite popular among streamers for a while, and looks like a fun multiplayer experience.

It doesn't take much to Google the names and find out which ones are highly rated. There have been some fantastic gems that aren't AAA titles, but are still well worth paying for, even if you missed claiming them for free, like Battle Chef Brigade. I've got a pretty solid list of games that I definitely want to give a shot (damn my mental health getting in the way of even having hobbies!)

Current titles on offer that have received solid reviews include:

Void Bastards

I can't find a good YouTube review of Wizard of Legend, but I know several streamers who have spent a fair amount of time playing it. If you're choosing a Rogue-like action RPG to buy, Hades will probably be higher on the list, but from what I've seen Wizard of Legend is worth the time spent if you've already got it on hand.

And now I wish YouTube had an option to just search channels you follow, because I thought someone I watch reviewed Turmoil and loved it, but I can't remember who. Also Overcooked was quite popular among streamers for a while, and looks like a fun multiplayer experience.
Overcooked is nothing but stress lol

figmentPez

Staff member
Fanatical has a pretty good Build Your Own Bundle right now. 2 for $7, 3 for $10, 5 for $15
The top titles that I can spot are:
- Just Cause 3 XXL Edition
- Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season
- Deus Ex Mankind Divided
... but there's other stuff that might be good. I dunno how well the Legacy of Kain games hold up, or the various older Tomb Raider games, though they come in multi-packs.

Fanatical has a pretty good Build Your Own Bundle right now. 2 for $7, 3 for $10, 5 for $15
The top titles that I can spot are:
- Just Cause 3 XXL Edition
- Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
- The Walking Dead: The Final Season
- Deus Ex Mankind Divided
... but there's other stuff that might be good. I dunno how well the Legacy of Kain games hold up, or the various older Tomb Raider games, though they come in multi-packs.
Metro Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux are both excellent survival FPS games.

GasBandit

Staff member
And when I went to go claim it, I saw there's also a TON of free classic SNK games on offer for free as well, for anybody who misses KOF/Samurai Shodown/King of the Monsters/etc

figmentPez

Staff member
Chroma Squad is cute for people who like Power Rangers. It's a tactical RPG about making your own Power Rangers style show.

A game I constantly end up making multiple saves for because I just HAVE to do a chapter 100 percent right, so you KNOW its good!

ON-the subject, I got the 6 dollar Bundle and all ready got the game beforehand, anyone want my Steam Key?