Games on SALE!

Epic's mystery freebie this week: Frost Punk

But don't worry, there's another mystery next week to be disappointed by!
Now now, don't feel like that. I'm sure soon it'll be a really great game being offered, like Path of Exile, or Hearthstone, or League of Legends. Without add-ons or stuff, of course, but that's to be expected.

Dave

Staff member
"While supplies last". Bitch, this is an electronic game. The number of items in stock is fucking infinite.

Humble Bundle has Surviving Mars free for the next 72 hours. Redeems on Steam.
Solid strategy/builder game. Worth snatching up for free.

Though I found I didn't really get into it until I got the Green Mars DLC. Adding a terraforming element gave me something of an end game goal to work towards. If you do get this for free now, I recommend it, but pick up the Green Mars DLC when it's heavily discounted. The other DLC isn't really that great by comparison, honestly.

GasBandit

Staff member
Orcs Must Die 2 is free to play this week, and on sale for 80% off, to spread hype for the imminent release of Orcs Must Die 3.

OMD 1 and 2 were excellent games (and OMD 2 was a really really good co-op game), so I highly recommend them.

CD Projekt Red Package: https://www.gog.com/game/ultimate_r..._click=1&link_id=ultimate_red_collection_game

Way more than I spend...ever really, but as someone who's never gotten to play any Witcher, it is tempting.
I'm a big CDPR fan, but that's pretty underwhelming. Witcher 1 and 2 have been available for free and are regularly under $5. TW3 with expansions regularly sees 60% sales, and I've seen the season pas at -75%.

In fact, they're all on sale separately right now, and buying all of them apart will set you back €61, compared to €56 for the pack. That's only a good deal if you own NONE of them, and are really certain you're interested in ALL of them.
In fact, I'd ay pick up ezverything except CP2077 for a total of just €22, and wait for CP2077 to go on a -50% sale soon enough - it'll total out way cheaper than the pack now.

Steam summer sale is going. There are only two games on my wishlist with a greater than 30% discount and they're both games on Gamepass that caused me to promptly delete them from my wishlist. Most are 20% Who gives a shit?

GasBandit

Staff member
On monday, some EA games are going to be delisted from GOG (at EA's request), though those who have purchased them will still have access via their library.

So, GOG has put them on sale for 75% off.

The one that's special to me is Ultima Underworld 1 and 2. You can get them both for $2 now, and if you can pardon the dated graphics and somewhat awkward mouse controls, this is the best Elder Scrolls game.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Prime Gaming's new titles for July are:
- Batman - The Enemy Within
- The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition
- RAD
- Tales of the Neon Sea
- Portal Dogs
- Automachef
- The Wanderer: Frankenstein's Creature

Some pretty noteworthy games this month.

And Epic's weekly freebie is The Spectrum Retreat

figmentPez

Staff member
Humble Bundle's Unleash Destruction Bundle continues their recent track record of mediocrity. Unless you have fond memories of Master of Magic Classic ($1), you can probably skip it. I've never heard of any of the other games in the other tiers.

Last edited:
Humble Bundle's Unleash Destruction Bundle continues their recent track record of mediocrity. Unless you have fond memories of Master of Magic Classic ($1), you can probably skip it. I've never heard of any of the other games in the other tiers.
I went over to see if there was anything I like...but how would I know? I'm so tired of game trailer videos being almost completely comprised of cut scene video, and not gameplay. To me, that says they're embarrassed about the gameplay.

GOG has a sale a games from French publishers and are giving away Siberia 1 and 2 for free.

I highly suggest picking up the free titles, they are two of the best point and click adventure games ever made and certainly the most beautiful. Some other good titles on sale...

- Dishonored series
- Prey
- The Surge series (criminally under rated sci-fi version of Dark Souls)
- Still Life 1 and 2 (another fun point and click title)
- Chroma Squad (make your own Power Ranger show! Turn based tactics game!)

Free games on the Epic Game Store right now: Obduction and Offworld Trading Company.

I've never played the latter, but I played a bit of the former. It's basically a new Myst game in all but name.

You'll never hear the name "Kate Walker" the same way again (and again, and again, and again).
My wife and son, playing S2, Son clicking all over the screen: "Can't you make her go any faster? She's so slow!" Wife: "She's 'Kate Walker,' Hon. Not 'Kate Runner.'"

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Free games on the Epic Game Store right now: Obduction and Offworld Trading Company.

I've never played the latter, but I played a bit of the former. It's basically a new Myst game in all but name.
I've played a fair amount of the latter. It's an economic management RTS hybrid. You play one of a selection of megacorps, and then compete with other megacorps to exploit the resources of Mars. Each megacorp has something they're better at than the others (researching, financing, sabotage, etc), and it is an interesting game. Definitely worth picking up for free, if you've already got epic installed.