Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
If you've somehow managed to miss adding this one to your library, Half-Life is free on Steam right now. Although I think Black Mesa has become the better way to experience the game, there is still something to be said for the original.

EDIT: Half-Life might be made free on Monday to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the game's release.

Last edited:
If you've somehow managed to miss adding this one to your library, Half-Life is free on Steam right now. Although I think Black Mesa has become the better way to experience the game, there is still something to be said for the original.
I'm not seeing it for free? Strange. I tried searching for it on the store, as well, instead of following the link, and it's not showing free anywhere.

figmentPez

Staff member

EDIT: Half-Life might be made free on Monday to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the game's release.
Half-Life is now properly free, and there's a 25th Anniversary Update, with Steam Deck compatibility, cut content, and I don't know what else.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
The annual Jingle Jam is going on. £35 (approx $41 US according to the FAQ) gets you a whole bunch of indie games, mostly of minor renown or completely unknown. Profits go to a number of different charities.

78 games, but notable titles include:
- Cat Quest
- SuperHot
- A Short Hike
- Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
- Monster Prom
- Xenonauts

The Game Awards are ~15 minutes away from starting, and the website is already b0rked.
This seems like an inopportune time to schedule maintenance :p
1701998656826.png

(I wonder if the forum software will catch up to the rest of the world and just let me use the emojis I can generate from my computer, you know, like nearly every other social media site in the world now)

Some sort of other gaming device can be won at: https://gleam.io/YOKuG/the-game-awards-lenovo-legion-go-sweepstakes

Not sure what the Lenovo Legion is, but I'll look into it as soon as I'm done with dinner.
Legion refers to Lenovo's line of gaming laptops, though they also have a product called the Lenovo Legion Go, which is basically an 8.8 inch tablet computer with Switch-style detachable controllers on either side. From what I've seen, reviews have been mixed, but maybe it's still worth playing around with if you win one.

1702000167047.png

Man, restricting the Legion Go to US only was poops.

I THINK I got 2 entries in on the Decks though. 2 for Twitter? GFY friends.

100% if I win it's raffled to one of you guys though.

GasBandit

Staff member
GOG.com Winter Sale started today, with as a first giveaway Legend of Keepers: Career of a Dungeon Manager

I don't know the game, but it's supposedly a roguelite mix of dungeon management and Darkest Dungeon. So it may be absolutely craptastic, but it mgiht also be straight up @GasBandit alley.
I tried the free demo version of it:

It has some potential but I'm not sure I'd pay for it, even 80% off. It feels VERY handholdy-mobile-game-ish.

Edit - ah yes, I posted about it in 2021 - I described it as a timewaster of mobile-game-level quality with aspirations of trying to be baby's first Dungeon Keeper, but it just couldn't get its hooks into me.

figmentPez

Staff member
Fanatical has a Build Your Own Prestige Bundle Winter Edition with 22 games to choose from.
2 for $15, 3 for $22, 5 for $35, 7 for $48

Top titles include:
  • Disco Elysium
  • Control Ultimate Edition
  • Death Stranding
  • A Plague Tale Innocence
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
  • Ghostwire Tokyo
  • Ghostrunner
  • GreedFall
  • Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
  • Hammerwatch 2

I tried the free demo version of it:

It has some potential but I'm not sure I'd pay for it, even 80% off. It feels VERY handholdy-mobile-game-ish.

Edit - ah yes, I posted about it in 2021 - I described it as a timewaster of mobile-game-level quality with aspirations of trying to be baby's first Dungeon Keeper, but it just couldn't get its hooks into me.
Yeah, the store page I linked is -80% but on the Winter Sale page it's free for the moment ;-)