Games on SALE!

figmentPez

Staff member
I’ll look when I get home. That site is cancer on mobile.
It's just cancer, period. It pops up in my suggestions from Google sometimes and it always has games in the thumbnail for the headline that have nothing to do with the games in the article. Every time I've checked it's just F2P and other perpetually free games. Never anything on sale/giveaway.

Humble Bundle has a monstrous RPG deal going on right now.

Today's Epic free game is Saints Row (2022). Don't recall good things said about the game, but hey, free is free.

I also wish I kept up on the free games more because there's some I missed like Cat Quest and Outer Worlds. I would have liked to get those. Oh well.

Today's Epic free game is Saints Row (2022). Don't recall good things said about the game, but hey, free is free.

I also wish I kept up on the free games more because there's some I missed like Cat Quest and Outer Worlds. I would have liked to get those. Oh well.
I know a lot of people have been playing it since it hit GamePass. It did much better there than it ever did as a standalone.

figmentPez

Staff member
Not video games but:

Humble Terry Pratchett's Discworld Book Bundle

$18 for 38 books, $10 for 9 books, $1 for 3 books. This is a must buy at the top tier for me. Hold on, this is not a DRM-free book bundle like Humble normally does. I'm gonna have to look into what it being on Kobo means to me.

EDIT: US customers only.
Humble has gone to shit.

$1
Equal Rites
The Light Fantastic
The Color of Magic

$10
Eric
Guards! Guards!
Pyramids
Wyrd Sisters
Sourcery
Mort

$18
Snuff
I Shall Wear Midnight
Unseen Academicals
Making Money
Wintersmith
Thud!
Going Postal
A Hat Full of Sky
Monstrous Regiment
The Wee Free Men
Night Watch
The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents
Thief of Time
The Truth
The Fifth Elephant
Carpe Jugulum
The Last Continent
Jingo
Hogfather
Feet of Clay
Maskerade
Interesting Times
Soul Music
Men at Arms
Lords and Ladies
Small Gods
Witches Abroad
Reaper Man
Moving Pictures

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Hold on, this is not a DRM-free book bundle like Humble normally does. I'm gonna have to look into what it being on Kobo means to me.

EDIT: US customers only.
Humble has gone to shit.
Update: I bought the bundle anyway, and it's fucking obnoxious to use this on anything but Kobo's site/device.

I haven't even tried transferring this to my Kindle, yet, but so far I've had to download Adobe Digital Editions, create an Adobe account, authorize my computer, then use the downloaded file from Kobo to get ADE to then download the actual book, which is still laden with DRM. I'm not sure what it'll take to get that still DRMed EPUB file to be read by my Kindle. So, fuck it, I'll find an extension for Calibre that will let me read the books I just bought without having to jump through their hoops.

EDIT: Other janky shit about the process. The redemption code from Humble for Kobo isn't a product key, it's a weird discount code. You follow a link, and then have to click ADD to all of the books, then enter the code to get the books for free.

When you're downloading the file that tells Adobe Digital Editions what book it needs to download for you, the default file name from Kobo is just URLLink.ascm for every single file. You have to rename them by hand.

Most of the books don't have a proper thumbnail for the cover in ADE. Only ten of 38 do, and not all of those with crappy generic thumbnails are in the same style.

This is a horrible user experience.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
If you're not put off by Capcom's recent DRM shenanigans, then Fanatical has a Capcom Collection Build Your Own Bundle

3 for $9.99, 4 for $13.29, 5 for $16.49

- Mega Man Legacy Collection
- Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
- Street Fighter V
- Street Fighter IV Ultra
- Resident Evil
- Resident Evil 0
- Resident Evil 5
- Resident Evil 6
- Lost Planet 3
- Bionic Commando
- Bionic Commando Rearmed