Games that Need HD Remakes

I'd love to see some SNES-era RPGs get real remasters instead of the ugly phone/tablet pixel-smoothing. Especially if they were redone in the style of Vannilaware games, with that sort of painted look to the characters and environments.

Chrono Trigger. With orchestral music and hand-drawn sprite animation.
I Am Setsuna (coming to Steam and PS4) is basically Chrono Trigger for the modern audience. Yes, I'd like another sequel or remake instead, but this looks fairly good too.

I Am Setsuna (coming to Steam and PS4) is basically Chrono Trigger for the modern audience. Yes, I'd like another sequel or remake instead, but this looks fairly good too.

Yeah that's what made me think of the whole thing, I've been following the game closely and I'm excited.

Oh, FFXII's International Version. The game's textures are already pretty high-res, just had to be scaled down for the PS2. Outside of translations I can't see it needing much work, save for a PC port because yes please.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'd also like to see an HD remake of Interstate 76.

I know, fat chance, but until a couple years ago I'd have probably said the same thing about Carmageddon and Road Rash.

I'd kill for a remake, sequel, or remastered edition of NOCTROPOLIS. I think I'm the only person on the planet that remembers or liked that adventure game. It's not even on Good Old Games. It should be.

I'd like an updated version of Afterlife, but fat chance that'll ever happen...And if it did, it'd be either a Mobile cash grab à la Dungeon Keeper, or a crapfest à la SimCity.

GasBandit

Staff member
No, I've been burned by too many shitty games from this IP.
I used to be very grouchy with MWO, but I played it again a few months ago, and it seemed improved. I mean, it doesn't have a single player campaign or anything like that, but if you want to stomp around various environments in a giant robot shooting other giant robots, it scratches that itch. They even got some of the "unseen" back in their stable. They had to retool some things in the name of balance, though - Clan is still better than IS, but not to the overwhelming degree that canon has it, and mech classes are now a Rock-Paper-Scissors dynamic where Assault beats Heavy beats Medium beats Light beats Assault, and firing several weapons of the same type simultaneously cause exponential heat growth instead of linear (to encourage diversity of weapons in loadouts).

And it's still free to play.

I used to be very grouchy with MWO, but I played it again a few months ago, and it seemed improved. I mean, it doesn't have a single player campaign or anything like that, but if you want to stomp around various environments in a giant robot shooting other giant robots, it scratches that itch. They even got some of the "unseen" back in their stable. They had to retool some things in the name of balance, though - Clan is still better than IS, but not to the overwhelming degree that canon has it, and mech classes are now a Rock-Paper-Scissors dynamic where Assault beats Heavy beats Medium beats Light beats Assault, and firing several weapons of the same type simultaneously cause exponential heat growth instead of linear (to encourage diversity of weapons in loadouts).

And it's still free to play.
harebrained Studios, who did Shadowrun Returns, are doing a new PC version of Battletech. I supported the kickstarter.

Reactions: Jay
I'd like an updated version of Afterlife, but fat chance that'll ever happen...And if it did, it'd be either a Mobile cash grab à la Dungeon Keeper, or a crapfest à la SimCity.
Ditto. It was such a great concept. I'm honestly surprised another developer hasn't done something similar.

I'm with @GasBandit on Mechwarrior Online: I don't play it a lot, but I can't complain about it ether. It has what I want, looks good, and it's pretty balanced.

I'd be on board for Interstate '76 too... though I suspect a modern remake would probably play more like Twisted Metal or Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge than the original.

figmentPez

Staff member
Necroing this old thread because Super Solvers: Gizmos & Gadgets would be an awesome concept to completely remake with modern graphics, if it were done with enough time and budget.