Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

lol, "we date back to the founding fathers" I guess if you count 4 or 5 unrelated organizations being formed over 280 years and ICE being eventually created as dating back to the founding fathers, sure.

You all know how I feel about ICE, so...
This is basically the same as saying "Things happened before this thing." Like, by this reasoning, I am a product of the American Revolution, because my mom is American, and she couldn't have been American if there wasn't an America founded... So I guess I'm kind of like George Washington's honorary grandchild?

GasBandit

Staff member
A 16 year old cannot legally adopt. She's not qualified to be a parent.

But now she also cannot have an abortion. And if she's pregnant by rape, the rapist can sue her if she tries, and win $10,000.

#TexasGQPLogic

#TexasGQPLogic
Time for the citizen militias to start surveillance of the daily movements of all TX elected officials and their families, so they can cash in when one of them inevitably tries to arrange an abortion for an “inconvenient” pregnancy.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Time for the citizen militias to start surveillance of the daily movements of all TX elected officials and their families, so they can cash in when one of them inevitably tries to arrange an abortion for an “inconvenient” pregnancy.

—Patrick
Texas Elected Officials can afford to fly their preggos to New York to get what they would deny others.

Texas Elected Officials can afford to fly their preggos to New York to get what they would deny others.
As I understand it, the law does not preclude someone living in New York from bringing suit, it only requires that the defendant be a TX resident.

—Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I wish it were ironic that the same party that is terrified that people will report them as unvaccinnated is now gleefully setting up a reward system for turning in women who get abortions, but the hypocrisy has been expected for a while.

Dave

Staff member
Everyone always talks about what the right is doing and that the republican party is doing this or that. Nobody has ever been correct.

Everyone always talks about what the right is doing and that the republican party is doing this or that. Nobody has ever been correct.
Ahem.

Remember: republicans have absolutely zero shame or morals. They care about literally nothing beyond what gets taxes get lowered for the ultra rich. Once you accept that fact and work backwards, every single thing they do makes complete logical sense.

figmentPez

Staff member
How long before we see news articles about people making a living as abortion bounty hunters? Throwing out words like "bravery", "entrepreneur", "faith" and such while all but completely ignoring that such a person would be a vile, excuse of a human who is profiting of the exploitation of women.

The law is so shit that hopefully people can start fucking the court system so clogged that Texas courts grind to a halt. There's zero, literally no penalty for frivolous lawsuits under the law. Nor do you even need to be a resident in Texas to begin one. And there's no limit to how many you can file.

Seen some rumblings of people planning to take full advantage of it to fuck the entire system up.

figmentPez

Staff member
Since I don't know better, I'm going to assume that the law was written to be absolute shit on purpose. They clearly want this to cause as much havoc as possible.

Dave

Staff member
For the record, Pete Ricketts is SO pro-life that he ordered illegal drugs to be shipped to Nebraska after the death penalty was abolished. In fact, he vetoed the bill abolishing it but the veto was then overridden. So he and his dad contributed over $600,000 to repeal it, which was successful. In other words, he's so pro-life that he went WAAAAAAAY out of his way to kill people.

And we're not even talking about his attacks on unemployment or SNAP benefits or his active attempts at stopping Medicare expansion even though the people voted it in.

In short, Pete Ricketts is a fucking cancer and the sooner he's gone the better. The biggest problem is that it's still Nebraska and the next guy up looks to be a QAnon loon.

"hosting provider GoDaddy has given the group 24 hours to find a different place to park its website."
They're violating GoDaddy's TOS by collecting information about people without consent.
Update at 6:15 pm ET: Texas Right to Life responded to our inquiry, saying that its "IT team is already in [the] process of transferring our assets to another provider and we'll have the site restored within 24-48 hours."

"We will not be silenced," the group also said. "If anti-lifers want to take our website down, we'll put it back up. No one can keep us from telling the truth. No one can stop us from saving lives. We are not afraid of the mob. We will not back down."
"Anti-lifers" is my takeaway here. It sounds suspiciously like "Antifa."
Also:
Update at 9:45 pm ET: The website went offline briefly but is now back. Its new provider, Digital Ocean, also has rules against violating people's privacy, including one that bans "[c]ontent that... is intended to harass, abuse or invade the privacy of any individual."

While the abortion whistleblower site's name servers are with Digital Ocean, its domain registrar is Epik, which has served controversial platforms such as Gab, Parler, and 8chan.
Such strange bedfellows they now have.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Texas is an embarrassment of a state:

"There won't be any rape victims who need abortions because we will eliminate rape!"

I can see where this is heading already: Laws that will more narrowly define rape so that Texas Republicans can announce that it won't happen anymore.

In positive news, Mexico just decriminalized abortions nationwide so Texans can just cross the border now like they already do for meds, dental work, plastic surgery and now, abortions.

"There won't be any rape victims who need abortions because we will eliminate rape!"

I can see where this is heading already: Laws that will more narrowly define rape so that Texas Republicans can announce that it won't happen anymore.
The phrase "legitimate rape" is going to start popping up again, isn't it.

Oh, we (i.e., non-Texans) have heard, all right:

Exans.png

It's an absolute embarrassment. Or would be, if this wasn't a deliberate decision by the people in power calculated to hopefully kill off as many "undesirables" as possible before they are finally forced to behave themselves.

--Patrick