Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Dave

Staff member
Oh shit here comes the crazies. It’s hard for them to fathom the thought that ANYTHING we haven’t identified yet is a UFO. I could throw a dildo at your head and until you realized what it was it would be a UFO. That doesn’t mean aliens, you morons.

Well, shit.

Southern Ohio, Indiana, Southern Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Western PA. Fortunately, huge areas of the country that are really predisposed to follow scientific advise and official warnings.

They'll likely be cutting their horse paste with the toxic water because they think it'll make them superimmune.

Well while I technically don’t live in the yellow area, I live in a county that touches it. So all the “meh fuck those hicks” talk doesn’t feel great to me.

So all the “meh fuck those hicks” talk doesn’t feel great to me.
The irony of this statement is so strong I think Alanis Morrisette just tried to make a Halforums account.

But in all seriousness, this has been a horror show from the get-go, and I don't know how it's not going to lasting, Flint, MI-like effects. All these poor people.

The irony of this statement is so strong I think Alanis Morrisette just tried to make a Halforums account.

But in all seriousness, this has been a horror show from the get-go, and I don't know how it's not going to lasting, Flint, MI-like effects. All these poor people.
I feel like I’ve been pretty consistently against the “hurricanes in red areas are bad because fuck Republicans” mindset. I’ve only said I wouldn’t care if it was hurting republicans 100% without exception (and it’s impossible to find an any meaningful swath of land here where that’s the case).

I feel like I’ve been pretty consistently against the “hurricanes in red areas are bad because fuck Republicans” mindset.
I'm pretty sure no one has said that, in this or other threads. In this thread it was stated that the area affected is going to see worse problems because the majority of the population are brainwashed into refusing any sort of scientific or medical warning, and at no point was this suggested to be a positive thing.

I'll say this: A lot of water in Central Ohio and other parts of Ohio is already excessively treated at water treatment plants because heavy rain washes pesticides into the water supply on regular. It's not uncommon to get a "Boil your tap water" or "Do not consume tap water" warning even in Columbus. I'd be willing to bet people would actually listen to such alerts regarding this, as it's something we already do.

I feel like I’ve been pretty consistently against the “hurricanes in red areas are bad because fuck Republicans” mindset. I’ve only said I wouldn’t care if it was hurting republicans 100% without exception (and it’s impossible to find an any meaningful swath of land here where that’s the case).
You're taking a huge jump here, nobody is saying "fuck the hicks", more "this is going to be an even bigger issue to solve, because the local populations are now conditioned to be completely ignorant to scientific advise and recommendations, and local governments are less likely to intervene and make major progressive changes"

figmentPez

Staff member
I've heard the theory that George Santos was never meant to win, and that his campaign was solely meant to be a money laundering loss, and his win has brought unwanted attention to his financials:

I've heard the theory that George Santos was never meant to win, and that his campaign was solely meant to be a money laundering loss, and his win has brought unwanted attention to his financials:

Amazing how standard the Trump playbook is coming, isn't it? :facepalm:

Uh-oh.

Also:
I hope this isn't the new power station attack.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
That derailment was about 15 miles north of me. The same rail line passes about 800 ft from my apartment.

I'm worried that if there were a significant spill of hazardous chemicals that they have motive to lie about it and attempt to cover it up.

EDIT: A side note: Kingwood, TX is mostly on the other side of that rail line from me. About 80,000 people live there. It's bounded on the south and east by Lake Houston and the rivers feeding into it, its bounded on the north mostly by a state park with no roads going through. The train tracks run along the west side of the area. There are 3 major roads in and out of Kingwood. Two of those are a little over a mile apart and cross that rail line to leave Kingwood. All of the smaller roads out of Kingwood have to cross the rail line to leave the area.

The one route out of Kingwood that doesn't cross that rail line is a 4 lane bridge over Lake Houston. There was supposed to be a second bridge over the lake heading east, but it most likely was canceled because rich people in Kingwood wanted to be isolated from poor people in Huffman. (The official story is that a bird sanctuary is in the way.)

All this to say that Kingwood is fucking screwed if a major derailment of hazardous chemicals happens at Kingwood Dr.

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Uh-oh.

Also:

--Patrick
There was also a train derailment in Enoree, SC but I can't find any details on it. It happened, but no mention of even how many cars went off the track or why.

There was also a train derailment in Enoree, SC but I can't find any details on it. It happened, but no mention of even how many cars went off the track or why.
I used to work for a company that was like the biggest train re-railing company...at my orientation, I was told that at any given time in the US, there are probably at least 3 train derailments, but most of them are minor with no real impact to life or property. They just need some big yellow iron to come and put them back on the tracks.