Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Not gonna lie guys, as much as Kyle Rittenhouse deserves to be in jail, the fact that all of the conservative sphere was celebrating his verdict are now absolutely livid at him has been rather delicious.

Long story short, Kyle went on Tucker Carlson and not only said he supports BLM, but even implied that the only reason he was able to get his verdict was because his family is white and financially stable. You know, white privilege. The alt right has been fuming over this. I don't even care if the dude is being genuine or putting up a mask to make himself look better in the public, because Kyle took what so many in the alt right considered a win in the "culture war" and instead used the platform it gave him to support both their "enemies" and discredited their narrative. It's just a chefs kiss kind of thing.

Reactions: Cat
Not gonna lie guys, as much as Kyle Rittenhouse deserves to be in jail, the fact that all of the conservative sphere was celebrating his verdict are now absolutely livid at him has been rather delicious.

Long story short, Kyle went on Tucker Carlson and not only said he supports BLM, but even implied that the only reason he was able to get his verdict was because his family is white and financially stable. You know, white privilege. The alt right has been fuming over this. I don't even care if the dude is being genuine or putting up a mask to make himself look better in the public, because Kyle took what so many in the alt right considered a win in the "culture war" and instead used the platform it gave him to support both their "enemies" and discredited their narrative. It's just a chefs kiss kind of thing.
It's not like Carlson or his entire network are known for honesty, so whether he's lying or not doesn't matter much.

Yeah good for him even if personally he is an asshole

Dave

Staff member
My whole thing on Kyle is that he was 17 and caught up in things that 17 year olds get caught up in, namely emotionally charged self-righteousness. In his case, it was to take his views and a rifle and go to a place where there was an excellent chance for him to shoot someone. I honestly think he was a blowhard who put himself into a bad situation and was in WAY over his head. I believe that he did, indeed, shoot in self defense. The prosecutors pretty much proved that during their examination. There were other lesser charges that would have stuck but the murder one was made so that the kid would walk. The actions of the prosecutors showed that they had no case and no chance whatsoever of being convicted.

I think the verdict was the right one for the charges, but that he's guilty of other things besides the deaths. It wasn't murder in the first degree, though.

I think he's a fucking kid who did a stupid thing by getting caught up in the excitement of being a righteous protector of the people without thinking about what exactly that would look like, and when things started going south he panicked and started shooting.

Yes, that's a lot of assumptions and supposition, but it pretty well lines up with everything from the case. The worst part of this (other than the deaths) is the way the media reacted, the way the right wing nutjobs latched on to the kid as a cause, and the way that the legal system failed pretty much everyone.

My whole thing on Kyle is that he was 17 and caught up in things that 17 year olds get caught up in, namely emotionally charged self-righteousness. In his case, it was to take his views and a rifle and go to a place where there was an excellent chance for him to shoot someone. I honestly think he was a blowhard who put himself into a bad situation and was in WAY over his head. I believe that he did, indeed, shoot in self defense. The prosecutors pretty much proved that during their examination. There were other lesser charges that would have stuck but the murder one was made so that the kid would walk. The actions of the prosecutors showed that they had no case and no chance whatsoever of being convicted.

I think the verdict was the right one for the charges, but that he's guilty of other things besides the deaths. It wasn't murder in the first degree, though.

I think he's a fucking kid who did a stupid thing by getting caught up in the excitement of being a righteous protector of the people without thinking about what exactly that would look like, and when things started going south he panicked and started shooting.

Yes, that's a lot of assumptions and supposition, but it pretty well lines up with everything from the case. The worst part of this (other than the deaths) is the way the media reacted, the way the right wing nutjobs latched on to the kid as a cause, and the way that the legal system failed pretty much everyone.
When I was his age I thought I was conservative bc I had been lied to about the way of the world my whole life. I could easily have been some incel bigot from being too online instead of the communist champ you see today

Luckily he's white so he gets to keep on making mistakes.

Even if he just made a mistake, he's now getting to meet Trump and right-wingers are falling over themselves to hire him as an intern or something.

If he's not deeply brain-washed already, then he will be soon enough.

He'll be running for office before you know it and will be a new poster child.

Lol you're assuming they want to have teeth. That's cute
Joke's aside, Florida (and Texas) are actually fantastic states to practice in. Besides you'd be surprised who actually wants teeth. I did a full mouth extraction this year of someone in their 90s for a full denture case.

Joke's aside, Florida (and Texas) are actually fantastic states to practice in. Besides you'd be surprised who actually wants teeth. I did a full mouth extraction this year of someone in their 90s for a full denture case.
I'm only half joking, I've known people younger than me with missing teeth

Had a coworker with awful teeth who lost a tooth bc he wanted to fuck another coworker and her dad, who owns the gym I used to go to, knocked him out. He's still my anime and weed guy lol

She was the cutest girl at this restaurant and was a really underrated pizza cook who was treated terribly there, we were buds until she had a relapse then she didn't want to talk to me anymore

Last edited:
Not we, but the conservative nitwits who want open carry everywhere and stand your ground to be for any situation.

At this rate, I expect duels to make a comeback.
Yep, I live right outside the villages and there are potentially violent conservative nuts everywhere

Although I don't mind consensual violence so I'd be ok with dueling

GasBandit

Staff member
Although I don't mind consensual violence so I'd be ok with dueling
I think we should require every sitting senator and congressperson to defend their seat in a to-the-death sword duel against their challenger with the most votes, even if the incumbent wins the election.

It'd be my favorite way to put in soft term limits.

Can you imagine AOC running through Joe Crowley?

Reactions: Cat
Man, we all know about the prisoners being held for years without trial and the regular use of torture, but did you know that Guantanamo actually rules?

Well before 9/11, the word "Gitmo" struck fear into the hearts of East Coast sailors everywhere. Because that was code for the workups prior to a deployment. They would throw every scenario they could at you at all hours of the day or night. Sleep was only a rumor during those few days.

Well, looks like millions of children are now going without food in Afghanistan with close to a million not likely to survive.

MAZAR-I-SHARIF, Afghanistan — Racing down the cratered highways at dawn, Mohammad Rasool knew his 9-year-old daughter was running out of time.

She had been battling pneumonia for two weeks and he had run out of cash to buy her medicine after the bank in his rural town closed. So he used his last few dollars on a taxi to Mazar-i-Sharif, a city in Afghanistan's north, and joined an unruly mob of men clambering to get inside the last functioning bank for hundreds of miles.

Then at 3 p.m., a teller yelled at the crowd to go home: There was no cash left at the bank.

"I have the money in my account, it's right there," said Mr. Rasool, 56. "What will I do now?"

Three months into the Taliban's rule, Afghanistan's economy has all but collapsed, plunging the country into one of the world's worst humanitarian crises. Millions of dollars of aid that once propped up the previous government has vanished, billions in state assets are frozen and economic sanctions have isolated the new government from the global banking system.

Now, Afghanistan faces a dire cash shortage that has crippled banks and businesses, sent food and fuel prices soaring, and triggered a devastating hunger crisis. Earlier this month, the World Health Organization warned that around 3.2 million children were likely to suffer from acute malnutrition in Afghanistan by the end of the year — one million of whom at risk of dying as temperatures drop.