Godzilla: KING OF MONSTERS

The Godzilla 2000 dub is pretty fun. I think I need to take a trip to the mall today.
It is funny, but I just don't care for that movie. I don't care for Megaguirus either, but it was in a 2-pack with Destoroyah, and I wasn't skipping that, especially with a cleaned-up Blu Ray print.

The fight in Godzilla 2000 just bored me. I thought the rest of the movie was pretty good. I think my big mistake was watching it after X Mechagodzilla and Tokyo S.O.S.

I honestly can't remember anything about Megaguirus except that some of the effects were pretty disgusting for a Kaiju film.

The fight in Godzilla 2000 just bored me. I thought the rest of the movie was pretty good. I think my big mistake was watching it after X Mechagodzilla and Tokyo S.O.S.

I honestly can't remember anything about Megaguirus except that some of the effects were pretty disgusting for a Kaiju film.
I watched them in order (except Tokyo SOS; haven't seen it, but I'll watch it after X Mechagodzilla today) and Godzilla 2000 was still kind of dull. There's a great shot of their vehicle driving in the foreground while Godzilla moves in the background in the same direction--that shot felt epic. Otherwise, I didn't think the whole "random UFO terrorizes Japan" thing was that great. If it had been humanoid aliens inside, or if it had turned into Orga earlier, it would've had some personality and maybe I'd have been more entertained. But I was just bored, waiting for the fight to finally happen, and then like you said, that was a disappointment.

I don't remember much of Megagurius either--not a good sign if both of us Godzilla enthusiasts are blanking on the same movie :p. I remember the Japanese military had created a black hole gun to deal with Godzilla, which should set off alarm bells in anyone's head that this is a fucking bad idea. Honestly, I remember Megaguirus more from the Wii Godzilla game than from the movie. But I will watch it and maybe I'll find it more appealing.

Dammit, the 1974 Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla DVD is out of print and people are selling it for ridiculous prices. Hopefully it'll get a re-release at some point, but I have a feeling the American distribution rights are being held by someone apart from most of the other movies. I'm thankful to Sony for getting so many Blu Ray releases out for the more recent movies. Watching Final Wars with my wife is going to be a blast--it's pretty much the only Godzilla movie I think she'll enjoy.

I don't remember much of Megagurius either--not a good sign if both of us Godzilla enthusiasts are blanking on the same movie :p. I remember the Japanese military had created a black hole gun to deal with Godzilla, which should set off alarm bells in anyone's head that this is a fucking bad idea.
Hey now!

Godzilla Tokyo SOS

At last! The only Godzilla movie I haven't seen.

I'm loving this movie within the first couple minutes.

Pilot: "You are violating Japanese airspace."
Mothra: "I'm a a giant magical moth. Your argument is invalid."