Harry Potter 6: Half-Blood Prince (film) (SPOILERS AHOY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Dont Surf said:
oh... alright then.. I'll just see you later thread.... nice talking....
You might just want to wait a couple more days until more folks have definitely seen it.

I won't be seeing it until Saturday.

If you want to talk about it, talk about it. I've done so. Just address stuff and people will comment if they feel like it.

Edrondol said:
If you want to talk about it, talk about it. I've done so. Just address stuff and people will comment if they feel like it.
But then how will he express his disdain for the current post content?

I went and saw it at midnight last night with a couple buddies, it was pretty damn good.

Oh and two things I love about these films, Emma Watson and Bonnie Wright... So hot. I generally do not find gingers attractive but there are a few who are gorgeous and Bonnie Wright is one of them.

HoboNinja said:
Oh and two things I love about these films, Emma Watson and Bonnie Wright... So hot. I generally do not find gingers attractive but there are a few who are gorgeous and Bonnie Wright is one of them.
raise your hand if you're surprised

Charlie Dont Surf said:
HoboNinja said:
Maybe someday he'll stop objectifying women.

L

Le Quack

Krisken said:
Charlie Dont Surf said:
HoboNinja said:
Maybe someday he'll stop objectifying women.
He loves them for their huge.... minds!

Edrondol said:
Isn't ginger a term of derision?
I've never heard that in my life. In the UK at least, "ginger-haired" is standard terminology for redheads. Maybe in the U.S. it has another connotation?

Charlie Dont Surf said:
HoboNinja said:
:smug:

Chippy is like that beloved sketch on the tonight show or something... he doesn't post that often, but when he does, it's a real crowd pleaser.

ZenMonkey said:
Edrondol said:
I've never heard that in my life. In the UK at least, "ginger-haired" is standard terminology for redheads. Maybe in the U.S. it has another connotation?
Yeah... in the US it refers to the pasty skinned, freckled-faced redheads that seem to be the anathema of what mainstream white culture defines as "attractive". It's basically an excuse to make fun of people for standing out.

Eric Cartman from South Park has a long standing hatred of Gingers, which is probably why it's become so mainstream.

AshburnerX said:
Eric Cartman from South Park has a long standing hatred of Gingers, which is probably why it's become so mainstream.
Ah, I must have stopped watching before that started up. Also maybe it's a regional thing because I never heard it at all growing up.

C

Chazwozel

AshburnerX said:
ZenMonkey said:
Edrondol said:
Yeah... in the US it refers to the pasty skinned, freckled-faced redheads that seem to be the anathema of what mainstream white culture defines as "attractive". It's basically an excuse to make fun of people for standing out.

Well to be fair, everyone hates the red-headed stepchild...

Edrondol said:
I guess, I had actually never heard it as an insult until like a year or two ago. At least in my area it isn't really an insult, my buddy Evan is a red head and he refers to himself as a ginger

I don't mean it as an insult, I meant it just as red heads...

ZenMonkey said:
AshburnerX said:
Ah, I must have stopped watching before that started up. Also maybe it's a regional thing because I never heard it at all growing up.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhttrUpuhas&feature=related:amokb42j][/youtube:amokb42j]

AshburnerX said:
Yeah... in the US it refers to the pasty skinned, freckled-faced redheads that seem to be the anathema of what mainstream white culture defines as "attractive".
How is being ginger sufficient to be an anathema?

There are some VERY, VERY attractive redheads. There are some VERY, VERY attractive EVERYTHINGS.

Calleja said:
AshburnerX said:
Yeah... in the US it refers to the pasty skinned, freckled-faced redheads that seem to be the anathema of what mainstream white culture defines as "attractive".
How is being ginger sufficient to be an anathema?

There are some VERY, VERY attractive redheads. There are some VERY, VERY attractive EVERYTHINGS.
Ok, I understand this. I was simply pointing out how it was being used, not that I thought it was correct.

Potter's opening day fell $4m short of Transformers 2, noooooooooooo

it will probably have better longevity and weekend numbers maybe and more repeat viewings but nooooooooooooo

:waah:

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Potter's opening day fell $4m short of Transformers 2, noooooooooooo

it will probably have better longevity and weekend numbers maybe and more repeat viewings but nooooooooooooo

:waah:
You can console yourself with the argument that Transformers opened with IMAX (higher profit) but HP can't since transformers still has the IMAX contract.

If HP opened with IMAX I bet that gap would have closed to become statistically insignificant, or HP would have beaten transformers.

-Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.