[Thread Game] Have you splurged on yourself lately?

I really want to do renovations, but my husband is a money hoarder of the highest degree. ;)

I can't complain because I just got a new car though.

I have just in the last three days ordered:

new headphones (in prep for this potential business trip to Oman)

new computer speakers (right now i don't actually have any)

A Chromecast (thanks for the recommendation, Gas!)

Hot Rod on DVD (just cause i keep forgetting that i don't already own it)

A "Vault-Tec" messenger bag (again, largely just so i have a bag for this potential business trip. My backpack is all crusty and worn out with road salt because i actually put it on the floor when riding the bus)

And a new t-shirt.

So a good chunk of my tax return money is gone before it arrives. But iI regret nothing.

Except the t-shirt, kinda. But Bethesda was having a sale

Last edited:
We said 'fuck it' and I got me an iPhone 6 Plus. I can't wait till the weekend so I can really get to know my new phone/tablet. Yeah, it's freaking huge.

So, she won, huh :p
Nah...the fence and deck ended up costing about half what we thought it would, so we're actually able to do both.

The man-cave was always going to be an ongoing work in progress. But the main things are going up: Air hockey, pool table, dart board. wet bar, tv, paint. Good compromise, everyone gets a bit of what they want ;)

On Wednesday, for the first time, I went to a Brazilian Steakhouse.
I think I'm still full.
Their steaks were delicious, especially the Alcatra and Lombo.
Our party was large and they had trouble seating us, so they soothed us with free cheese bread and shrimp.
Their "salad" bar was much more than the usual garden vegetables and half-green tomatoes I'm used to. They had cheeses, pickled vegetables (beets, asparagus, olives, hearts of palm and artichoke), salami and prosciutto, smoked salmon, unlimited bacon strips (YES I SAID UNLIMITED BACON STRIPS YOU HEARD ME), sautéed mushrooms, and corn salad, to name a few.
They provided us with all the garlic mashed potatoes, deep fried bananas, and crispy polenta sticks we could eat.
There was no end to the meat, and all of it was no-knife tender.
I finished with a serving of the best flan I've had in > 20years.

Plus I had a coupon.

So all of this came to just over $17 (including 18% tip).

I'm so going to go back there at least one more time before I leave, even if I have to pay full price...but this time, I probably won't have as big of a lunch the day I go.

I can't wait.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I splurged on myself last night but I had a towel handy.[DOUBLEPOST=1426285562,1426285509][/DOUBLEPOST]And last week the wife and I went to Joe's Crab Shack. Dropped $100. That's about as splurgey as we get.

On Wednesday, for the first time, I went to a Brazilian Steakhouse.
I think I'm still full.
Their steaks were delicious, especially the Alcatra and Lombo.
Our party was large and they had trouble seating us, so they soothed us with free cheese bread and shrimp.
Their "salad" bar was much more than the usual garden vegetables and half-green tomatoes I'm used to. They had cheeses, pickled vegetables (beets, asparagus, olives, hearts of palm and artichoke), salami and prosciutto, smoked salmon, unlimited bacon strips (YES I SAID UNLIMITED BACON STRIPS YOU HEARD ME), sautéed mushrooms, and corn salad, to name a few.
They provided us with all the garlic mashed potatoes, deep fried bananas, and crispy polenta sticks we could eat.
There was no end to the meat, and all of it was no-knife tender.
I finished with a serving of the best flan I've had in > 20years.

Plus I had a coupon.

So all of this came to just over $17 (including 18% tip).

I'm so going to go back there at least one more time before I leave, even if I have to pay full price...but this time, I probably won't have as big of a lunch the day I go.

I can't wait.

--Patrick
I love Rodizio style restaurants, but the good ones near-ish us went out of business. So much good, tender, flavorful meat.

Got my VA state tax refund...bought a pc/ps3 Thrustmaster Ferrari gaming wheel...to play Euro Trucking Simulator with.

I'm such a dork.

Cajungal

Staff member
All this tax refund talk is making me feel impatient and greedy. We'll probably have to buy some stupid sensible thing like a mattress. Our mattress is older than I am.

All this tax refund talk is making me feel impatient and greedy. We'll probably have to buy some stupid sensible thing like a mattress. Our mattress is older than I am.
Our son is currently sleeping on the mattress and box spring I used when I was his age.
They built 'em tough back then, I tellya.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Staff member
Our son is currently sleeping on the mattress and box spring I used when I was his age.
They built 'em tough back then, I tellya.

--Patrick
It's actually still kind of comfortable, just a little too soft and worn out. I'm getting backaches more and more frequently, and we flip the thing twice as often as we used to.