Julie's D and D Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if anyone noticed at all but as te session went on I started to sorta experiment wit a voice.

Meehhhhhhhh....

Can't wait to see what loot/experience we get, and I can't wait to punch Niena a dozen times in the face.

You didn't sound any more feminine than you usually do.

Damnit, I totally wanted that hand crossbow. :Leyla:

You could buy it offa Nikto...?

Honestly, Simkin would probably get the most use out of it as a default ranged weapon attacker.

I think he'd tend to just go for his throwing knives.

Gusto, you mentioned you're getting a feat next level to use Dex for your basic attack. Do you know if there's something similar for Intelligence?

Melee Training
Benefit: Choose an ability other than Strength.When you make a melee basic attack using a weapon you are proficient with, you can use that ability instead of Strength for the attack roll and the damage roll.
Yes, just not for ranged basic attacks.

I sincerely hope that people will be using common sense when it'll come to magical gear or else it'll get pretty ugly. If you're planning to use something that you'll pop out once in a day compared to someone else who'll be using it almost every round it's pretty fail. AKA, if a bow would have dropped and Saryon and Adia could used it, it wouldn't make much sense for Saryon to take it over Adia as 3/4 of his attacks of magical based. I'm not kidding when I state that my character can and will be capable of committing murder you if you cross him... :sneaky:

BWAHAHHAHAA

doomdragon6

Staff member
Iron gauntlets, hm? I'm very curious as to what these will be rules-wise.

And the Delver's Light! Woo. I'm basically going to say that Zeke absorbed whatever this thing is, and the light emits from his eyes.

C'moooon, magic ki focus. *crosses fingers*

Three feats I'm looking at right now:

Melee Training (Dexterity):
This makes me much better at melee basics, which means that I can charge more effectively to close the distance between me and opponents, which is cool cuz mobility is very important to me. Also makes me a better attacker option for Jaes, helps AoOs, and takes advantage of my DEX increasing at level 4. :)

Bloodied Fleetness:
Increases my speed by 1 when I'm bloodied. I have been bloodied in every encounter so far, so this might be a good choice maybe later on.

Avenging Opportunist:
When I reduce my Oath of Enmity target to 0, I gain an extra move action to be used that turn. This is cool but it would be better if it happened when ANYONE reduced my OoE target to zero. This will likely be something I try later on but eventually retrain. :p

I sincerely hope that people will be using common sense when it'll come to magical gear or else it'll get pretty ugly. If you're planning to use something that you'll pop out once in a day compared to someone else who'll be using it almost every round it's pretty fail. AKA, if a bow would have dropped and Saryon and Adia could used it, it wouldn't make much sense for Saryon to take it over Adia as 3/4 of his attacks of magical based. I'm not kidding when I state that my character can and will be capable of committing murder you if you cross him... :sneaky:
BWAHAHHAHAA
Fair enough. Wouldn't want people to think I was taking items that I didn't think I'd be using.
At the start of the game I mentioned how I had redesigned Nikto so that he would actually be effecient in battle? Well one of the things I did was trade out my two feats for something a little more helpful. I wanted to design Nikto to use a melee weapon at first, but that wasn't working out too well. Artificers are better armed with ranged weapons anyway. In fact crossbows are highly recommended. For any attack power that has Weapon as a keyword I can use a crossbow. I also took an Artificer feat that allows me to use crossbows as an impliment for all my other attack powers. Then there is also the Veristile Expertise feat I took that gives me a +1 attack bonus to both a weapon and an impliment of my choice (Crossbow). All and all the choices worked out pretty well.

So I guarantee I wasn't making a mad power grab. The second I picked up that +1 crossbow I was able to use all my weapon powers, and my impliment powers suddenly got +2 more accurate.
The only powers that my crossbow does not currently influence are my buff spells.

Now I was under the impression that the Simkin was a stab stab kind of rogue. Would he use the crossbow for every single attack power? If so I do think it would be fair to roll for it, or decide in some way who gets it. Just understand that at some point I will need a magical crossbow with my build.

BWAHAHHAHAA
Efi doesn't have a problem with reasonable resource distribution. But his +2 Dagger of Distance was a gift from Sergei, so he ain't giving that up!

Simkin isn’t a daggermaster rogue. Though he can work with one quite well if he’s interested to do so as his talents tend to generally affect both melee as well as ranged. He’s actually built to be a ranged rogue, (his lvl 1 feat was retrained at LVL 3 to be Distant Advantage where he can flank with ranged attacks and will have more feats later on to promote this route). He’ll also have a habit of throwing knives as it was seen last night. A man of many talents, if I say so myself!

I didn’t think you’re making a power grab, nor did I think you’re the type of person to commit such an act and obviously I don’t wish anyone thinking otherwise. I just wanted to make sure people used common sense when it comes to gear and not stealing stuff from others to spite them. Cause it'll get them killed. :)

Either way, the hand crossbow I actually wanted is a LVL2 magic crossbow with an awesome and very Simkin-like talent that allowed him to shoot someone else in case he fails a ranged attack, if we ever ended up at a merchant, he’d be spending all his money to get that first along possible with a magic dagger (didn’t shop for one yet) then hoard money for his archery bracers later on.

Btw, who had that magic leather armor? Who’s got what for magical gear? What happened to Raymond’s stuff?

Why is my text blue? WTF

What happened to Raymond’s stuff?
Ronald had 300g, and I've already added my 1/6th of it to my belongings, I suggest everyone add that 50g to their coffers.

The rest of his equipment is of little value to Kara, honestly, but she still wants to raid this equipment locker for anything that might expedite Niena's death.

Maybe Kara will take Reynard's sword to give a burial after this ordeal, which he valued higher than his life... Actually yes, I am hereby looting Reynard's sword.

Distant Advantage where he can flank with ranged attacks
That feat just gives you CA if the enemy is flanked by other allies. So you still need Ezekiel/Kara/Jaes to form the flank for it to work. With the Simikins high AC it would make sense for him to be up in melee combat making ranged attacks on flanked/marked targets. Throw in a little controlling and the target could never hit you.

Any update on our illustrious DM's health?

Cause it'll get them killed.
You do realize that the people you are threatening to kill are the people you have to trust to identify the items. 'Cause with the Simkin's low intelligence and untrained arcana skill, he couldn't tell the difference between a holy avenger and a nerf bat.

You do realize that the people you are threatening to kill are the people you have to trust to identify the items.
No wonder Nikto has all the magic equipment so far.

"This stuff is garbage! I'll just hold onto it for now... :sneaky:"

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

I am very excited to see what kind of guidance Iidrea might be able to give Kara! That is to say, as a fucking angel of Bahamut.

That feat just gives you CA if the enemy is flanked by other allies. So you still need Ezekiel/Kara/Jaes to form the flank for it to work. With the Simikins high AC it would make sense for him to be up in melee combat making ranged attacks on flanked/marked targets. Throw in a little controlling and the target could never hit you.
1. It’s SIMKIN
2. Yep, he’ll need to get one of the meatba- I mean, melee to get up and close so that he can take advantage of this feat. Simkin’s preference was always this.
3. Simkin = All about survival…. And himself.

Ronald had 300g, and I've already added my 1/6th of it to my belongings, I suggest everyone add that 50g to their coffers.
Duly noted. Thank you Urban Dictionary Kara!
*does another thumbs up* nice plan Kara! *stabs the drow*
PS: A list of other stuff left would be appreciated… plunderrrrrrrrrr

I have the magic leather armor. But I could part with it.
Simkin can use it but I’m not overly interested in it… just yet. *evil grin*

You do realize that the people you are threatening to kill are the people you have to trust to identify the items. 'Cause with the Simkin's low intelligence and untrained arcana skill, he couldn't tell the difference between a holy avenger and a nerf bat. .
Simkin can always point and shoot and watch the results. In fact, I think he'll do just that... MMM....

Simkin can always point and shoot and watch the results. In fact, I think he'll do just that... MMM....
"Now to use my Boots of Feather Fall and survive falling off this cliff!........NITKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

My Video tribute to this game.
O.M.G. THIS IS SO FULL OF WIN. XD Looooove! Jay, you clever bastard. (Money bags baby made me lol.) But, seriously, how did you find all of those pictures? They were so spot on! *awe*

Moving on, though, last session, ya'll earned a total of 585 exp, bringing the grand total to 3485. I'll post the loot soon, after I double check and recheck that I didn't screw up like I did with the hand crossbow. (Oh, and I endorse Nikto keeping said weapon for all the reasons he mentioned.) Also, Serin+Adia picture is FABULOUS. I feel so lazy for not making anything cool. ^^;;

Any update on our illustrious DM's health?
Thank you for asking, Hugh! You're such a sweetheart. ♥ I'm doing better after some chamomile/lotus/spearmint tea and sleep. Stress has been killing me recently, so it probably gave me the headache in the first place... Ah, but anywhoooo. Back to loot checking and listing.

It involved a lot of research. I went back and listened to our old games (goddamn do I sound french) and had fun doing this. Lots of Google image and Deviant search, etc... I had the song already in mind weeks ago. Bet no one knows where it comes from!

She's working on figuring out the loot right now.

Oh, I think all of us should dump out our canteens/waterskins/wine bottles, etc, in case the Drow suspected we might get away and put parasite spores in the liquid.

doomdragon6

Staff member
She's working on figuring out the loot right now.

Oh, I think all of us should dump out our canteens/waterskins/wine bottles, etc, in case the Drow suspected we might get away and put parasite spores in the liquid.
Don't give her ideas, man.

Incidentally, as a warforged, I don't have to eat or drink! :D

Simkin's Top 5!

1. Rebounding Weapon - Hand Crossbow
2. Goblin Totem or Subtle Weapon - Dagger
3. Flowform Armor - Leather
4. Freezing Ammunition!
5. Bracers of Archery - :D

Status
Not open for further replies.