Julie's D and D Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Yeah, I sort of figured that with Julie, telling her what you want will just get you farther and farther from it. =P

S'why I try not to tell DMs what I want to get or see, or what I think will happen. Cuz then it never will! :D

Edit: Really, Flowform armor? That's so boring. I guess it's kinda okay, but I like armor that does cool stuff. i.e., Serin's armor that lets her go through walls.

It's better just to play as best you can to a situation and hope to get rewarded, like with you saving that NPC and getting the Delver's Light.

Or wait for her to screw up on identifying something you picked up so she'll let you choose what it is :p.

7 AM seriously? People sleep that late?

As for loot, I want a magical watch like Mrs Weasleys clock but attuned to the Sinkin. It would show me his current status and what ever he was up to' The Simkin is asleep, the Simkin is murdering your enemies, the Simkin is looting the corpses of orphans, the Simkin is about to stab you in the spleen

That and a battle standard of healing, Nitko should get on crafting one of those :)

What is with all this Simkin hate?! He's carrying this team!

On his tiny halfling shoulders... with your best interests at heart!

Avenging Opportunist: When I reduce my Oath of Enmity target to 0, I gain an extra move action to be used that turn. This is cool but it would be better if it happened when ANYONE reduced my OoE target to zero. This will likely be something I try later on but eventually retrain.
It's unlikely you would ever use this a multi-class avenger, your oath lasts at best two turns at worst until you hit it.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I'ma retrain my background so I can synth my own items. That way I can just basically enchant myself instead of having to absorb crap.

While we are talking magic items, I will share my magic items philosophies. As a player and DM I have always eschewed the the notion of replacing items you have in favour of something better that you just found. I feel that magic items are unique and special to the world and as such do not come along frequently. To avoid having a character grow in experience levels but not grow in magical power as expected, I like to follow the path of magic items growing with a character. As an example; the longspear given to my fighter one year before she became a lvl 1 player character has grown with her through various dramatic events to match her in strength. I find this method to be especially rewarding for dealing with religious items, as the odds of ever finding a holy symbol of your good natured god in a dungeon of evil are slim, but for someones holy relic to gain magical properties when you destroy an evil relic is more thematically sensible to me.

Just some rainy Monday morning thoughts, also ... Battle Standard of Healing...

doomdragon6

Staff member
Makes sense for religious stuff, but a lot of other magical loot is just a placeholder for what the player really wants.

I can see advantages and disadvantages, certainly, especially since Errik (and possibly Saryon) is literally in that situation. My implement is a magic tome used by a hero several centuries ago, and now I'm on the same quest. When I first found it, it was just a Magic Tome +1 but once I hit 5th level, it became a Book of Undeniable Fire +1. I expect it to "level up" again soon.

The benefit to having this type of item is knowing that I'll never need to look for another implement, or worry about buying something that's going to become quickly outclassed.

I feel the detriment is that you can't control when the item increases in power and it takes a lot of the Diablo-style loot-hunting out of the game if you know you're always gonig to be using the same item.

It's like using one of those heirloom items in WoW.

I feel the detriment is that you can't control when the item increases in power and it takes a lot of the Diablo-style loot-hunting out of the game if you know you're always gonig to be using the same item.
Negotiate a growth schedule with your DM, and Diablo style hunting isn't a good thing. Are you there to rescue the princess or break into every mundane box in every room on your way to rescue her?

Random change of direction!

Jay you totally need to take Battle Caster Defense, it would apply to your ranged attacks and is untyped!

You could make a ranged attack in melee and gain +3 (AD) +4 (BCD) to AC from OA, and if the target was marked and controlled, the guy would subtract 4 from the attack roll for an equivalent bonus to AC of +11! See Simkin love!

Diablo style hunting isn't a good thing. Are you there to rescue the princess or break into every mundane box in every room on your way to rescue her?
Both, if possible! Finding new shinies is a genuinely exciting part of the game, and I won't have you talk down to me for enjoying it. :(

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

I'm not really that offended but I'm also not super-serial about my Dee n' Deez.

I purchased scale solely to upgrade it with my next feat. +1 to AC, and +1 (returned) to skill checks.

Though I almost wonder if I should go to a lower scale to increase my speed and skill checks, now that I have a reaching weapon.

I like finding magic items rather than letting them grow and evolve like Pokemon.

Finding shit is awesome, especially if you find real sneak like. I like when the GM goes, roll a dice to get your reward.

You have found the following:

Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor +1
Amulet of Health +1
Catstep Boots (heroic tier)
Frost Spike Gauntlet +1
Breaching Leather Armor +1
Thought-Eater Hide Armor +1
5 Daggers
1 Kukri
1 Longbow with 20 arrows
7 Longswords
3 sunrods
30 foot chain

Bitch about it and you shall never receive anything of worth ever again in your pathetic, mortal lives. ... You may praise me now. Whores.

Status
Not open for further replies.