Breaching Leather Armor +1
Thought-Eater Hide Armor +1
5 Daggers
1 Kukri
1 Longbow with 20 arrows
7 Longswords
3 sunrods
30 foot chain

Bitch about it and you shall never receive anything of worth ever again in your pathetic, mortal lives. ... You may praise me now. Whores.
Clearly nagging her made her offer more stuff!

Now we just have to sift through what it all is and who should get what. Anything that can't be agreed on needs to be rolled for at the start of Thursday's game.

Any other clothies? I think I'm the only one...?

(Interestingly, the +1 version of the same cloth armor Errik has...)

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Catstep Boots are almost CERTAINLY for Simkin.

It seems Thought-Eater would be good for Simkin if he wears Hide. Stealth checks and concealment.

Catstep Boots aren't for stealth, they're for agility and acrobatics.

I have a feeling a few of us are gonna want the Amulet of Health; +1 to Fort, Will, Reflex, and 5 resistance to poison, which Julie's game will probably make use of.

Catstep Boots are almost CERTAINLY for Simkin.
Not really. The description says:

Catstep Boots

These enchanted boots reduce falling damage and enhance your acrobatics and athletics skills.

Level: 3
Price: 680 gp
Item Slot: Feet

Property: When you fall or jump down, you take only half normal falling damage and always land on your feet.
Power (Daily): Free Action. Gain a +5 power bonus to your next Acrobatics check or Athletics check.

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for:

Robe of Contingency +1 (cloth)
Amulet of Health +1 (neck)
Catstep Boots (feet)

Clearly I'm not gonna get all three, but those are the ones I can use at all, and they'd all serve me fairly well. My checks could use the boot bonus, and I take a LOT of damage and could benefit from ANY higher defenses.

I think the gauntlet makes sense on Ezekiel--I don't think any others of us would be using those except Kara, and she's weaponless.

I have considered knocking myself down to Hide armor, but the Thought-Eater is way too good for Simkin. Not sure I'd make the best use of the Breaching's teleport.

I have both my Sunrods still, so anyone else who's used one or more of there's is welcome to them as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I'm taking a Sunrod.

The rest of the mundane equipment is useless to me and I can't even really carry a lot of it.

Simkin's Interest Level (with Simkin-like comments)

Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor +1
"Egad, that color is quite drab. Yellow shall never be worn on this fine fellow!" (none)

Amulet of Health +1
"Tis an interesting trinket. I rather like this." (moderate to low)

Catstep Boots (heroic tier)
"Boots? What boots?" *rolls thievery* (medium to high)

Frost Spike Gauntlet +1
"Tis too cold for me hands. Let that sandbag use it." (none)

*yawns looking around bored before he finds himself staring at Kara's chest* (none)

"I must say I'm quite fond of them. I shall call it, Corpse Blue. 'Dreadful name, Simkin,' said the Countess Dupree. 'I am aware of that!' I replied with feeling, 'this ensemble is thee latest fad at court. Quite the rage, I assure you.'" (if that's leather and not hide it would be extremely high)

I could use those daggers and the rest of the stuff can be evenly distributed by the goblin, the elf and some guy.

doomdragon6

Staff member
It's funny how a lot of that is from Shawn's game. Did they capture our characters again?

The only thing out of all that I'm interested in is the Amulet of Health. I was wanting to make Ezekiel a bastion of resistances, so 5 Poison Resistance starts that.

The gauntlets are obviously meant for me since Julie did indeed say "for Ezekiel" at the end of our session. My only qualm is that they only do 1d6 damage, whereas the "maul" I've been using is a 2d6. (Wardens are mostly meant to use mauls anyway, and we're "pretending" he's punching when he's really just equipped with a maul.)

Soooo, unless we're houseruling some gauntlets that act as mauls, I can really only throw my hat in for the Amulet of Health +1. :D

It's very much in character for Kara to not really care what item she gets as long as she gets one of them.

The three I listed above are the ones I can use at all, and Kara would be happy to give first choice of items to everyone else first.

This means that between the Robe, the Amulet, and the Boots, Kara will take whichever is chosen last.

You have found the following:

Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor +1
Amulet of Health +1
Catstep Boots (heroic tier)
Frost Spike Gauntlet +1
5 Daggers
1 Kukri
1 Longbow with 20 arrows
7 Longswords
3 sunrods
30 foot chain

Bitch about it and you shall never receive anything of worth ever again in your pathetic, mortal lives. ... You may praise me now. Whores.
All-mighty DM your gifts are as great as your wisdom and beauty.

Thought Eater and Breaching armour can both be modiified to better suit us next level by Nitko.

Efi has great interest in the chain, moderate interest in the kukri, little interest in anything else.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

The gauntlets are obviously meant for me since Julie did indeed say "for Ezekiel" at the end of our session. My only qualm is that they only do 1d6 damage, whereas the "maul" I've been using is a 2d6. (Wardens are mostly meant to use mauls anyway, and we're "pretending" he's punching when he's really just equipped with a maul.)
They are arms slot items that work with your melee weapon, unless they are spiked gauntlets.

It's funny how a lot of that is from Shawn's game. Did they capture our characters again?

The only thing out of all that I'm interested in is the Amulet of Health. I was wanting to make Ezekiel a bastion of resistances, so 5 Poison Resistance starts that.

Soooo, unless we're houseruling some gauntlets that act as mauls, I can really only throw my hat in for the Amulet of Health +1. :D
Julie told me it's actually supposed to be a maul that you treat as a gauntlet because it's Ezekiel's fists. When I tried telling her to be more specific in the post, she kinda waved it away as if you'd understand that anyway. :p I don't see how that's possible, but in any case, it's a maul.

I actually can't find Frost Spike Gauntlets.

I found Frost Gauntlets, in Hand Slots, but it's a different name and they're level 7 items. I don't know if that's the idea, but that's the closest I can find.

EDIT: Wait there are also weapons called Frost Fury Gauntlets +1 (spiked gauntlets, level 3).

See, I told her. And she'll check here before I get home from work tomorrow and see that I was right.

It's supposed to be Frost Weapon +1. The weapon is a maul in the character builder, and a gauntlet in the fiction of the game.

Dynamite Frost Great Maul +2
Weapon: Any melee
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus
Power (Encounter ✦ Polymorph): Minor Action. Change the weapon into a different weapon from any melee category (simple, military, or superior). This effect lasts until the end of the encounter, or until you end it as a minor action.
Power (Daily ✦ Cold): Free Action. Use this power when you make a melee attack. Change the damage type dealt by that attack to cold. On a hit, the target is also slowed until the end of your next turn. Also, you deal an extra 1 cold damage on successful melee attacks until the end of the encounter.
If you’ve reached at least one milestone today, instead gain an extra 2 cold damage on successful melee attacks until the end of the encounter.

I'm not playing PR anymore; she'll have to sort it out when she comes online tomorrow afternoon.

Expect wrath though... most of it being my fault for teasing her. :p

Likely. Keep in mind, HC is working straight from the books, not character builder, so there may be some discrepancies.

But now it's too late. Wrath! Cutesy evil wrath!

doomdragon6

Staff member
Got it. Frost Maul +1 that are spiked gauntlets.

Thankyou Julieeee. :thumbsup:

Well, I'm still really interested in the Amulet of Health. Like I said, I was wanting Zeke to build up as many resistances as possible. But whoever else wants it, we can either figure it out or roll for it.

For pure meta-gaming

Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor +1 goes to Kara, Nitko 2nd

Amulet of Health +1 goes to Ezekiel, next to Kara

Catstep Boots (heroic tier) again goes to Kara first, but not really a must for anyone

Frost Spike Gauntlet +1 to Ezekiel, 2nd Jaes

Breaching Leather Armor +1 goes to Simkin until 4th level then who ever needs it can get it switched

Thought-Eater Hide Armor +1 goes to Ezekiel until 4th level, then switch it to leather for Simkin

Chain to Efi 1st. 2nd to Ezekiel

Above all though, Nitko and Efimovich need to study the items, and once studied can reproduce them.

So...

"Gauntlet" ---> Zeke
Breaching Leather ---> Simkin, for now
Thought-eater Hide ---> Zeke, for now
Amulet of Health ---> Kara
Robe ---> Nikto
Boots ---> Anyone?

I feel like Efi and Jaes are getting the shaft here, but bear in mind we might be able to pool in our new crossbow and the magic leather +1 we got earlier and spread the wealth around.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

So like:

Nikto = Crossbow
Kara = Robe and Boots
Simkin = Breaching Leather, for now
Zeke = Gauntlet and Thought-eater Hide, for now
Jaes = Amulet
Efi = ....Magic Leather +1?? (I have no idea what invokers use...)

Nitko has the +1 leather correct? So that is better than the robes, they should go to Kara;

So

Eze - thought eater armour, frost maul
Kara - amulet, cloth armour, boots
Nitko - +1 leather armour, crossbow
Simkin - breaching armour, tonnes of daggers
Jaes - the joy of knowing our DM
Efi - chain

Invokers use simple melee, simple ranged and can wear up to chain. So none of the armour is any better for Efi right now.

For metagaming and Roleplay reasons Efi is more than happy to just take the 30' of chain.

As previously stated, Simkin has no interest in that Breaching armor so please don’t write it down that he does as it promotes confusion. Surely it can go to Nikto or someone else. Teleport through walls? I think not. Does anyone even read my posts? :eek:hwell:

If there’s any armor that would be of interest to Simkin, it would be the Thought-Eater armor, which is btw available in both leather and hide. If Simkin can’t use it as it was penned down as hide armor then there’s not a whole lot that truly interests him beyond a few more normal daggers and maybe those boots and amulet which would have a moderate amount of situational use.

Since this is a considerable amount of items, I say you can only get one thing off that list. If there’s something in that list that you can ACTUALLY use, then take it and leave the rest to those who can at least make some use of them in a situation way. And Zeke with stealth gear? Really? Reaaaallly? :puke:

Actually a hidden defender is pretty hilarious. Mark the enemy, disappear, then watch as you make them pay with a combat advantage interrupt strike or swing wildly as they try to hit you.

<- - - This is post 1,000!!!

I think that concept is retarded. Sometimes "combat mechanics" don't equal to realism. To me, as a DM, I'd veto that sorta gameplay out the window. You ain't there? You ain't doing jack crap. NPC goes attack someone else while you hide like the French. :)

doomdragon6

Staff member
Concealment isn't invisibility anyway, it's closer to blurry-eyed.

Yeah, all I want from that list is the Amulet. I'm mostly taking the gauntlets because they're "made for me" and I guess a +1/+1 aint bad. ;P

What's this talk of switching at level 4, anyway?

What's this talk of switching at level 4, anyway?
Level 4 Ritual - Move Enchanment (in the back of Adventurers Vault I) - allows you to move the magical enchantments between allowable types

Case in point Thought Eater Armour can only be hide or leather. So once we learn this ritual, we can move the magic from our suit of hide armour over to a suit of leather armour all for about 30 gp

doomdragon6

Staff member
Eh. By level 4 I'll have bought stuff.

In the meantime the concealment could be "Oh he looks like rocks. Where is he?"

The idea is that Zeke uses the magic hide until its magic gets moved to leather, and then Simkin can use it. That way, at the very least, Zeke and Simkin are getting a +1 to AC until the enchantment transfers are done. Then Nikto can take the Breaching Armor, or something, and Zeke can buy some different hide if he wants.

Can't say I'm thrilled about that plan. Far too much metagaming for my tastes. :eek:hwell:

What you're asking is to have our characters act on knowledge that us as players has access to or believe that everyone will be naturally supporting this said plan willingly. I can't have that. :sneaky:

So is that armor really hide? :(

Can't say I'm thrilled about that plan. Far too much metagaming for my tastes. :eek:hwell:

What you're asking is to have our characters act on knowledge that us as players has access to or believe that everyone will be naturally supporting this said plan willingly. I can't have that. :sneaky:

So is that armor really hide? :(
Emphasis mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.