doomdragon6

Staff member
Solution:

1: Get out of the jail / mansion
2: Find a marketplace
3: Sell the stuff we don't want
4: ???
5: Profit!

Really, it's not like any of this is meant for us. It's confiscated stuff we found in the prison. As a matter of fact, some of the prisoners we freed might be very happy to find their stuff in here.

In the mean time, all I would want is the Amulet, since I'd planned on getting that for Zeke one day anyway. Beyond that, the gauntlets are pretty much mine since they're golem-sized, and I'll probably sell those eventually for something Zeke would want more.

I don't want to push for the Amulet too much, but I -do- want to emphasize that it's been on my "To Get For Zeke" list, since I want him to have resistances. That was going to be his thing-- Serin is all about mobility, Zeke is all about resistance.

OR! Instead of losing 80% of the list price, we get Nikto to transfer the enchantments like we have been saying!

doomdragon6

Staff member
Well, I guess if we transfer and Zeke ends up with Breaching Armor, I'd at least have fun with it pretending that the power would be conferred to him by allowing him to meld himself through the wall.

But eh.

Again, even if you just take it for the +1 AC right now, and same with Simkin and the leather, at least it's something, even if you never use the special power. Once we have storefronts at our fingertips and Nikto knows is new rituals, we'll have a lot more opportunity to play around.

doomdragon6

Staff member
A'righty. Guess I'm claiming:

Frost Spiked Gauntlets +1
Thought-Eater Hide Armor +1

Would Like: Amulet of Health +1, but I've already got two of the items.

I don't like the idea of divvying up everything for the sake of divvying. If someone wants something in particular, we either come to agreement or roll for it when the game starts, but just dividing for the sake of dividing seems off to me.

Why the hell would I want the maul for that matter?

EDIT: Okay, didn't see the next page. Looks like we've moved along. I'll post if there's anything I want later.

These are OOC decisions and OOC I simply cannot support them.

There's a lot of talk of "US". You're taking for granted that all party members will actually ALLOW you to stake a claim on something without having them fight you for it. You also talk of possible trades/enchantments down the line. Do the characters who can do this actually IC know they can do this? Will it even be accepted by our DM? And what makes you think Simkin will TRUST you to do something for him down the road? On that thought, what makes you think he'll even stick around after he's freed from this madness? There's no cause. There's no interest for him in all of this. This isn't Saryon people. He won't do things for the sake of goodness. I'm sorry but the moment that he's got an opportunity to take something that will save his skin or provide him riches he'll find a way to get his hands on it. If Simkin hears about that armor "solution", you bet he'll be gunning for it, even if he can't wear it.

:sneaky::sneaky:

And those boots too! And that amulet! I could also sell that other armor... mmmm..

That was going to be his thing-- Serin is all about mobility, Zeke is all about resistance.
Simkin's also about stealth and shooting from the shadows. Not all plans work out! :p

Well shit, Jay, where do we draw the line at "too much metagaming" if we can't even assume we'll stick together as a group??

I've already mentioned Kara won't take anything unless no one else wants it and she can use it, that's as in-character as I can be about the looting.

PRESUMABLY Nikto knows what rituals are available to him for purchase eventually, just as Errik was able to go to a store and buy a new one back in Bridgeport when it became apparent to him we'd be facing legions of undead.

If we didn't metagame at all, all these items would be dangling from Simkin's neck and jammed in his pockets by now, and that certainly isn't gonna appen.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Here's the thing Jay---

Simkin is a snivelling little shit.

Nobody in the party has any reason to actually like him, and really, we have no reason to keep travelling with him. Ezekiel doesn't like the Simkin, and I know Kara doesn't. The only reason this will "work out" at all is because we are, OOC, a party.

At the moment, most of the characters realize they've been swept up into something big and need to work together to get out of it. They also probably realize they don't need you, since Simkin seems to like doing jack shit in battles, unless it's killing someone we told him not to kill.

So, if you really, really want to go about this the RP way, feel free to try to take everything. Keep doing this whole "fuck your party members" routine. We will stop you, and I can guarantee that a level 3 Warforged Warden and a level 3 Human Monk are more than enough to take out a little halfling rogue of the same level.

I understand where you're coming from with the whole "play in character" thing. But that will most assuredly turn against you if you keep enforcing it, because Kara alone has enough reason to strip you of your tools and shove you back in the cell.

TL;DR - Simkin sucks IC and none of our characters would ever actually want to have him around. He's a dick, and we'll put him in his place if he keeps trying to Simkin his way through the loot.

Edit: And really, it's not even metagaming.

Simkin: I'm going to take everything!
ANYONE else: Uhh, no? *stops him*

~~~~
Tim: Okay, so they gave us our free sodas. We've got a Coke, a Pepsi, a Sunkist, and a Mountain Dew. Who wants what?
Jerry: I'm going to take everything!
Samantha: Uhh, no?

--------

Your odd little perception that you can take everything doesn't even make sense, Jay.

These are OOC decisions and OOC I simply cannot support them.

There's a lot of talk of "US". You're taking for granted that all party members will actually ALLOW you to stake a claim on something without having them fight you for it. You also talk of possible trades/enchantments down the line. Do the characters who can do this actually IC know they can do this? Will it even be accepted by our DM? And what makes you think Simkin will TRUST you to do something for him down the road? On that thought, what makes you think he'll even stick around after he's freed from this madness? There's no cause. There's no interest for him in all of this. This isn't Saryon people. He won't do things for the sake of goodness. I'm sorry but the moment that he's got an opportunity to take something that will save his skin or provide him riches he'll find a way to get his hands on it. If Simkin hears about that armor "solution", you bet he'll be gunning for it, even if he can't wear it.

:sneaky::sneaky:

And those boots too! And that amulet! I could also sell that other armor... mmmm..

That was going to be his thing-- Serin is all about mobility, Zeke is all about resistance.
Simkin's also about stealth and shooting from the shadows. Not all plans work out! :p
Which is why it's relevant that we roll if two people want the same thing and can't agree on it. I see, make your claims, if no one else is interested, it's yours, otherwise, roll for it.

Not to say no one is allowed to barter and trade after rolls are decided or whatever, but either way, I'm all for keeping things simple.

I'd be interested in the Amulet in the event that I drag down my AC in favor of lighter armor, but that's really just a matter of evening things out. None of these items are particularly useful to me, but I'll throw my lot in for the Amulet.

BTW, as for the armor, the concealment and teleporting are both daily powers.

I'm sure the Simkin has his reasons for acting the way he does, but unless the group gets a glimpse of something sympathetic soon, I can't see any IC reason to keep him around.

This is not a judgement on you, Jay, I love the Simkin as a character, but Kara has no reason to even tolerate him as a person.

Kevin, to stick as a group or not will answered by our DM's great storyline as far as I know. Simkin owes no one here anything, at all. I'd very much rather not have to be the proverbial yes man so that the storyline can continue without any character substance to the decisions made. This is about roleplay after all. It would seriously devalue the game if my character was "forced" to tag along because the storyline didn't account for it. Simkin has a backstory, it can be used. Simkin has motivations, it can be used. :sneaky:

As far as loot... well Simkin can only carry so much.... and he'll make sure to stuff them with he may need most so that he can survive and that's really all I have to say... bout that! :)

And as far as Simkin's persona goes, I don't believe he's been unsavory to anyone beyond smart ass comments to Nikto and Zeke. Roll higher perception, Sir. :)

Oh crap, "mommy" is coming to sort this out.

LOOK WHAT YOU ALL DID.

Again, my stance: If more than one person wants something, we roll at start of next game. No "who deserves it" or "how to be fair"--roll for it if you want, don't if you don't. If only one person wants an item, it's there.

This is aside from if the DM were to state anything; ex: a Delver's Light is found, but that's Doomdragon's reward for previous RP actions, not "loot".

EDIT: Jay, as far as carrying, I think you're already beyond your weight limit without penalty :p.

Kevin, to stick as a group or not will answered by our DM's great storyline as far as I know. Simkin owes no one here anything, at all. I'd very much rather not have to be the proverbial yes man so that the storyline can continue without any character substance to the decisions made. This is about roleplay after all. It would seriously devalue the game if my character was "forced" to tag along because the storyline didn't account for it. Simkin has a backstory, it can be used. Simkin has motivations, it can be used.
Well, yeah, exactly. I hope we see something soon.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Kevin, to stick as a group or not will answered by our DM's great storyline as far as I know. Simkin owes no one here anything, at all. I'd very much rather not have to be the proverbial yes man so that the storyline can continue without any character substance to the decisions made. This is about roleplay after all. It would seriously devalue the game if my character was "forced" to tag along because the storyline didn't account for it. Simkin has a backstory, it can be used. Simkin has motivations, it can be used. :sneaky:

As far as loot... well Simkin can only carry so much.... and he'll make sure to stuff them with he may need most so that he can survive and that's really all I have to say... bout that! :)

And as far as Simkin's persona goes, I don't believe he's been unsavory to anyone beyond smart ass comments to Nikto and Zeke. Roll higher perception, Sir. :)
To me that just sounds like an invitation to roll a new character.

Whoever: "These people must be stopped! We must head to Town B!"
Simkin: "No thankyou, I'm fine here. Tootles!"
DM: Alright, you're all heading out then, except for the Simkin?
All: Yep.
DM: Okay then. Jay, unless Simkin has a sudden change of heart, he's done here. Roll a new character that the rest will meet on the way!

In a game where a small few must step up and be heroes, there won't always be a reason for a selfish character to continue on.

"You going?"
"No."
"There's probably gold there?"
"Okay!"

Becaaaause, we as characters have no reason to convince Simkin to stay anywhere near us.

I'm not worried about that. I like that this game, rather than all members of the group being connected to each other, we have tangential strings connecting at least one character to one other, for better or worse. I think the situation will sort itself out enough that we proceed together. I don't think worries about rerolling should happen right now.

Jay is just saying that currently, as in where we are now, Simkin has no reason.

THAT IS IT.

I have the list here. AGAIN. Copy and paste the list into a post and if you want something, put an X next to it. We roll on Thursday. Highest roll wins.

I'm not having loot tear my game/players apart in an argument over metagaming, roleplaying, and whatever-the-hell-else.

Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor +1
Amulet of Health +1
Catstep Boots (heroic tier)
Frost Maul +1
Breaching Leather Armor +1
5 Daggers
1 Kukri
1 Longbow with 20 arrows
7 Longswords
3 sunrods
30 foot chain

Jeesus Criminy. No more loot for you. GOD DAMN.

EDIT: And if you learn to behave I might consider making the hide armor leather. AUGH.

Becaaaause, we as characters have no reason to convince Simkin to stay anywhere near us.
You aren't the DM. Kindly let me play my character the way I want to and let the DM deal with me accordingly. Stop being hostile on a consistent basis for little or no reason. Why do you always seem to take things so personally? Don't you understand that I was joking previously or did you really think even IC I'd try to take all the loot? Comon man! :rofl:

Doom, as far as I know your character hasn't in any shape or form ever even reacted to Simkin, ever. Thus, a revelation has occurred here people! EMOTIONS! Talk next time, talk back... and not in TEXT! On Vent! Use your voice! It would be fun! As far as battles go, Simkin has done his part, see beyond your emotions my friend, Simkin simply doesn't run into battle and try to AoE everything, it's not his style. I'd very much rather not have you judge my character's worth, we all play our characters in our own way.

As far as Simkin's character, beyond his smartass comments, let me give you a breakdown on what your characters know of Simkin :

Zeke : "He calls me a Sandbag" Never saw him steal. Saved 2 innocent lives.
Kara : "He stares at my goodies" Never saw him pickpocket her. Saved 2 innocent lives. Killed a bad guy who previously attempts to hit him while I told him to stay down. Likes to give thumbs up.
Nikto : "He pushed a drow on me" "He's a smartass but I reply back in same fashion" Saved 2 innocent lives. Knows that Simkin has sly hands.
Arku : "He was my best friend but I am dead now."
Some Guy : "He called me some guy"
Jaes : "Which small one is that again?"

Let me also take this moment and state what I feel on where the situation may have gone off a little. A lot of times people comment on Simkin OOC on Vent, (which is hilarious to be honest and don't wish it stops) however it tends to transcend IC... as some take that information for granted even though their character doesn't know that information.

Anyways, sorry to have made you mad, that wasn't my intent. :)

Thanks Kevin for your post, we'll surely see something soon. Julie's storyline specifically rocks and the characters have promise... once we DEFEAT our nemesis we shall see the light! Though, Simkin doesn't trust any of you!

Darryl! You are incorrect, the Simkin still has plenty of bag space! He's a big halfling!

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Amulet of Health +1 X
Catstep Boots (heroic tier) X
Frost Maul +1
Thought-Eater Hide Armor +1 XXX
5 Daggers X
1 Kukri
1 Longbow with 20 arrows
7 Longswords
3 sunrods
30 foot chain
Kara's Goodies X
Plz roll the controversial stuff first. :)

Damn, I love how this thread has been going crazy all week!!!

Kara : "He stares at my goodies" Never saw him pickpocket her. Saved 2 innocent lives. Killed a bad guy who previously attempts to hit him while I told him to stay down. Likes to give thumbs up.
Actually, if I recall correctly, you snuck two stolen gems INTO my bag. ;)

*gets equipment and belongings back* "Curious, I don't remember having these gems.... Oh, the Simkin? Showing self-preservation is not a sin, and he was able to help some of the slaves underground... Certainly, he killed a man who had given up the fight and was no longer a threat. The man could still be implicated in heinously evil schemes, but to kill a defenseless frightened ex-combatant... that's.... troublesome."

Kara thinks of Simkin of a craven opportunist, certainly, but not necessarily one without redeeming qualities under pressure, or one who needs... punishment.

"He seems... misguided. Perhaps I can show him the way."

I do agree with Jay that you should RP more, Doom. I know you say you're often not sure what to say and don't want to interrupt--but you can. We all do it. We also all talk when we don't always know what to say :p.

Friggin' Kara and her proselytizing.

Yeah the idea that Jay has the foresight to have quotes written down in advance is completely foreign to me.

Simkin may or may not have put those gems in your bag. :hmmm:

[FONT=&quot]"You don't trust me Kara? After everything I've done for you… what we've been to each other…"
*two great tears rolls down to his cheeks*
"I've thought of you as my sister… My poor sister. She and I were very close, you know," the young halfing said in choked tones, "until the Enforcers came and dragged her away!"
"Let that be a lesson to milady, these... things... are not to be trusted... or you may end up like Raymond."
[/FONT]

doomdragon6

Staff member
Aw c'mon, Zeke's talking up a lot more. He's becoming the somewhat snarky, doesn't-have-time-for-you-humans type. Also, he loves to use his brute force. He might not have been freed long enough for that to come across, but I'm working on it. He's already talking smack to the enemies.

Sorry for hostility, Jay. I'm usually good at interpreting humor and whatnot on forums. You're about the only one I can't read properly.

Amulet of Health +1 X
Frost Maul +1 X
Thought-Eater Hide Armor +1 X
5 Daggers
1 Kukri
1 Longbow with 20 arrows
7 Longswords
3 sunrods
30 foot chain

Grendmir invented Dragon-speech!

I've worked out a new voice for Jaes, though he sounds like a British thug of some sort. Maybe that's okay, considering how he's been treated by his peers. Maybe he had to go buy the Boy Named Sue line "Get tough or die".

If only I could sound like Spike from Buffy.

Some Guy : "He called me some guy"
Actually by your actions alone Efimovich would see Simkin as an opportunisitic coward, You chose only to engage when your opponent was distracted or disabled, never showed mercy and never stepped forward to engage the enemy. As I player I understand and support all those actions, but Efi reserves judgement.

Amulet of Health +1
Frost Maul +1
5 Daggers
1 Kukri
1 Longbow with 20 arrows
7 Longswords
3 sunrods
30 foot chain X

Simkin landed the killing blow on 4 drow in that encounter. One that is down on the ground ain't no different than one that can fight back. If you'd expect them to give you the same type of treatment then you'd be a fool. A FOOL! A FOOL I tell you! *pumps fist*

Turning back on your enemy will be your demise! Simkin knows better! :hmmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.