Status
Not open for further replies.
Why, whadda you got?
Divine Awesomeness!

Serious questions:

Are Julie and Shawn feeling any better?

What is our current XP?

Did we reach a milestone?

Is the next date to play July 1, 2010, as 50% of the party might be drunk that day?

doomdragon6

Staff member
July 1st? What's that?

*looks at Have-a-Day Calendar*

It says,

"Have a day, eh?"

So I assume it's one of your pagan Canadian holidays. I propose we just move the game. Or the holiday. Whichevs.

Julie! I sended you a PM! You should READS it! :DDD

So, for the record, I am much more proficient with melee basic attacks than I was before, if Ajes wants to Direct any Strikes.

Before I was +4 to attack, 1d8 damage.

Now, I'm +10 to attack, 1d8+5 damage.

Plus, if I haven't done my Centered Flurry of Blows (like if I missed an attack on my last round) then I can deal an extra 5 damage (yeah that went up too, with my Wisdom)

PLUS, if the target that I am directed to strike is my Oath of Enmity target, I'll get to roll twice to attack just like normal.

Most of the time if you're directing an attack, Zeke probably hits harder and Simkin might be in melee with a flank for Sneak Attack, but now Kara is a viable option as well. :)

Why, whadda you got?
Divine Awesomeness!

Serious questions:

Are Julie and Shawn feeling any better?

What is our current XP?

Did we reach a milestone?

Is the next date to play July 1, 2010, as 50% of the party might be drunk that day?[/QUOTE]

Julie's feeling better, don't know about Shawn.

We're at exactly level 4, no higher, no lower.

Yes, we reached a milestone.

Currently she is planning to have the game, but she says if you're drunk, don't show up. Don't know about moving the game, as the day before is her birthday, so she might not feel like DMing, and people are generally busy on Fridays. Not sure if the game will go ahead if half of you are gone, but she explicitly stated, if you're drunk, don't show up. That is serious, not her being silly. If you're drunk, don't come to the game.

It's three weeks away, so we'll see what's going on when we get closer.

She says Canada is not a real country. Come to Amaranth.

She says she's willing to do a game Friday, July 2nd, if people are up for it and don't have plans. I know the Independence Day of the U.S., a real country, is being observed on Monday, so it won't cut into BBQ plans and fireworks. So if nothing's planned for July 2nd, that's a Friday night, consider letting the game go on then. We could even play a little later if Julie isn't experiencing another disease.

I should be able to play the 1st but have company arriving on the 2nd.

Lord, I haven't been drunk since ... 2nd Edition.

Hmm, now I feel like making a paladin with racial restrictions!

So I'm still miserble. Just found out that some people here at work just got over what I have, so I blame them.

Another disclaimer: I only cut empty spaces, and I leave room around the sound spaces when I edit. I notice that some people cut out prematurely though--primarily Gusto, for some reason--without me doing anything. We probably don't notice while we're playing. I think people let go of the Ctrl key the moment they finish talking, rather than waiting until just a second after they finish. Julie and I learned that from WoW vent.

Anyway, this isn't to tell anyone to change what they're doing, just making sure listeners know it's not my fault.

Episode 9: Prison Break

With a couple new recruits and a prison full of prisoners, the group stage a break against the feeble male drow guards, and meet some interesting new faces.

Episode 10: Wealth, Freedom, and Enlightenment

Faced with many doors and many questions, the group is forced to make Ezekiel open doors, and decide what is most important to them before heading upward in their hunt for the drow leader and their search for the city's magister.

Important

I see about the mark things being overpowered. I know Julie's not enforcing banning them, but if everyone's willing to agree for fairness and balance, I'll take mine away and replace it with Linguist, which is only one less language. I think Gusto had a point and we shouldn't use the Dragonmarks.

Mt problem with it isn't even necessarily that it's OP, it's that it's a specifically Eberron thing. The same goes for what is (or used to be) Doom's background benefit. It seems silly that he should get benefit of being from someplace in Eberron that ostensibly doesn't exist in Julie's world at all, or that you should get some kind of magical tattoo feat that shouldn't exist either.

Again, if she's cool with it then so am I, but mixing things tat are available specifically in Eberron into her own world seems kind of... out of place for such a story/roleplay-heavy game.

Well, I got rid of mine, and my background is general (I believe--born under a bad sign is normal). I'm just saying, between us players, agreeing not to use them. I've cut mine.

Julie told me that I could change Ajes to a full warlord or cleric if the hybrid wasn't working out--I don't know that I'm doing that, but I might, because I feel like with Nikto, we have more healing than I was aware, and the team might better benefit from a full warlord. I'm gonna play around with it and see in character builder.

I recommend 2 hours and 15, and the next couple minutes, on Episode 10. I forget how hilarious these nights are sometimes until I listen and they have me in tears.

Thanks for the vids Darryl.

BTW, I took some time to read up on forced movement. It doesn't apply to allies. They can always choose to be moved or not.

Thanks for the vids Darryl.

BTW, I took some time to read up on forced movement. It doesn't apply to allies. They can always choose to be moved or not.
Oh. When Kratash did it, we always treated it as mandatory. That would've saved me some fail back early in Shawn's game.

Well good now that Simkin has already plopped to the ground. It was still funny :D.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

"Hi Daddy's friends!"
I left the noise glitch from that moment in the recording, unlike Julie's noise glitches, because it was one of a kind and Gusto had that Cylon comment :p.

It's the usual :p.

I wish I could make Julie louder. In the recording, not in real life.

*cough*

One of these days I gotta edit Episode 3. It's the only one I didn't edit and the long gaps of silence bug me.

I wish I could make Julie louder. In the recording

So it's not just me? She is really quiet? Good, for a while there I thought it was just three decades of AC/DC in my ears.

And go full Warlord, if we feel that we need more healing we can always achieve that through Skill powers. Also Warlords have 2 expansion books to play!

doomdragon6

Staff member
Backgrounds are arbitrary anyway. You just pick a special little bonus to get.

Con Artist gets you a bonus to Thievery and Bluff, Calimshan gets you a bonus to Fire Resistance. It could just as easily be called "Fire Juggler" and the flavor text be that you are used to being burned, so Fire doesn't affect you as much.

I'll agree on the Dragonmarks, too, I guess.

Well, to get this organized so we're not wondering until the last minute, I wanna know which nights people are available on for Julie's next game. Just say which, or both, and we'll figure it out.

Currently (edited):

Thursday, July 1st
Julie the DM
Escushion
HCGBlins
Doom

Friday, July 2nd
Julie the DM
Escushion
Gusto
Doom

So Shawn, Jay, are you available either, both, neither?

Status
Not open for further replies.