Julie's D and D Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not doing two nights in a row :p. Julie's head would explode. I'm just seeing what availability we have so Julie can decide which night.

Currently (edited):

Thursday, July 1st
Julie the DM
Escushion
HCGBlins
Doom
Jay

Friday, July 2nd
Julie the DM
Escushion
Gusto
Doom
Jay

So just waiting to see Shawn's schedule.

I don't even know if I can make it for sure on the Friday yet. If everyone can make it on Thursday except me then just play without me.

I meant Kara :p. Or maybe the deva NPC will just prattle on and on and Kara can nod the whole time like a bitch.

I'm probably going full Warlord; just finishing power and feat choices. I think this will be better, and I'll try to make some moment where he "quits" being a cleric. Knowing Julie, there will be something horrible that will make Ajes renounce his faith.

I'm listening to one of our sessions right now; we're a funny bunch.

EDIT: Damn, having a good Charisma stat with Furious Smash invalidates so many encounter power effects.

I love these recordings.

Julie: "Rocks fall, you die."
Doom: "I am rocks!"

Looking for opinions on my warlord presence (I didn't get one as a hybrid). Basically means, when you use an action point within sight of me, there's some kind of bonus. Here are the two I'm looking at:

Bravura: Before using your action point and if you're using it to do some kind of attack, you choose whether to use this ability or not. If that AP-based attack hits, you can as a free action either do a move action or a basic attack (melee or ranged). If your AP-based attack misses, you grant combat advantage until the end of your next turn. That's the potential for three attacks within your turn, but also the potential for granting combat advantage. Odds are you'd want to use something good in your action point, and maybe join it with my just having used Furious Smash to give you +3 bonuses to attack and damage rolls. Having Bravura would also allow me to re-use one of my encounter powers that knocks an enemy prone as long as I hit with it.

Resourceful: When you use an action point to attack and it hits, you can choose either to gain (based on current level) either +3 to damage or 5 temp HP.

So I wanna know what you're more likely to want to use with your action point :p.

As a melee striker player who realizes he will often be attacked anyways, strives to do as much damage as possible, increases his character's mobility as much as possible, and rarely misses due to burst attacks/Oath of Enmity, I vote for Bravura Presence.

A lot of my stuff will be benefiting Kara as long as I stay near her. Although I'm thinking I will retrain Direct the Strike in place of Commanding Strike since I can instruct basic attacks, not just melee, and do so from a distance rather than being adjacent.

Nimble Runner feat: Means you can run without granting combat advantage. Does this mean there's no penalty for running?

Simkin picked up :

+1 Dex/Cha

Two Fisted Shooter feat... this means that he'll use a Hand Crossbow in his offhand which will liberate his main hand for his daggers permanently. Reloads will be free actions (woo more minor actions!) and any crits will grant him an extra basic ranged attack free of action.

RUN: MOVE ACTION
✦ Speed + 2: Move up to your speed + 2. For example, if your speed is normally 6, you can move up to 8 squares when you run.
✦ –5 Penalty to Attack Rolls: You have a –5 penalty to attack rolls until the start of your next turn.
✦ Grant Combat Advantage: As soon as you begin running, you grant combat advantage to all enemies until the start of your next turn.
✦ Provoke Opportunity Attacks: If you leave a square adjacent to an enemy, that enemy can make an opportunity attack against you.
Nimble runner means you don't grant combat advantage while running, the rest still applies.

Take Resourceful Presence, it is level based in addition to stat based, and it rewards you if you succeed or fail. Bravura only benefits you if you succeed, should you fail it punishes you greatly.

Direct the Strike in place of Commanding Strike
Direct the strike is so much better than Commanding Strike as it doesn't limit the type of basic attack, so distance characters are free to join in the fun!

I would take Brash Assault over Furious Smash. With Furious Smash you need to hit in order to help some one else hit, you are depending upon their success and not your own. If the DM removes that characters ability to attack, your succesful attack is essentially wasted. Now with Brash Assault and our current party make up you can have lots of fun! On a target marked by the defender, you use Brash Assault to hit, should they seek to return the attack (at a wash to hit because of the mark), the defender gets to hit them and you can offer a basic attack to one of the strikers as well. That and if you continue with your reach weapon, they don't get the option to hit you back at all without reach of their own.

So on enemy X, Jaes does 1[W]+STR, and if they attack you; Ezekiel can do 1[W]+STR as an interrrupt and Simkin can do 1[W]+Dex +2d8 as a free attack

Two Fisted Shooter feat
I love that feat soo much!

Yeah any party with a rogue, warlord, and defender is BEGGING for Brash Assault. And even if just for RP reasons, this party could use some teamwork.

Generally with Errik I end up targeting Grendmir's lowest defense, but then I give him ale money afterwards. :)

doomdragon6

Staff member
I'm mostly torn between choosing to be a striker or a controller as my secondary focus.

I could be doing 4d6+9 (so 13-33) on a hit with my encounter powers. But I HATE focusing on just one person, especially when I'm targeting AC, usually the highest defense.

So I've been gearing my Encounter powers towards things that let me hit multiple creatures. It's more fun to strategize and hit multiple targets anyway.

So I guess I'm not torn. :p

If I take the +1 to attack feat, I'll have a +11 to hit, so maybe missing won't be such a big deal.

Also, getting loot is fun. We should find a reason for our party to stop and check out potentially profitable rooms. =P Julie's loot rooms are fun.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I was thinking weapon expertise, but would they stack? I don't have the character builder on this comp, so I can't check.

If they'd stack, awesome.

(Warforged Tactics is +1 when attacking an enemy adjacent to an ally, right?)

HC: I hear what you're saying, but if by my reaching they can't take that opportunity attack, then we get nothing out of it, in which case Brash Assault is exactly the same as my basic melee attack.

I'll look over my moves to see if now that I'm getting rid of Commanding Strike that the reaching weapon might not be necessary, but for now I still have it.

I was thinking weapon expertise, but would they stack? I don't have the character builder on this comp, so I can't check.

If they'd stack, awesome.

(Warforged Tactics is +1 when attacking an enemy adjacent to an ally, right?)
Yes they stack, Warforged Tactics is a untyped bonus, Weapon Expertise is a feat bonus.

In case there's any confusion, the next Amaranth game will take place on Thursday, July 1st, like normal schedule. Sorry, Gusto.

My current warlord build...
- Direct the Strike (tell an ally within 5 to attack)
- Furious Smash (give bonus to next ally attack), with some wanting me to take Brash Assault (make attack, provoke opportunity, allowing ally to get extra attack)
- Enc: Vengeance is Mine (immediate reaction, enemy attack me, I make an attack and an ally in 5 may move and make an attack)
- Enc if I get Bravura Presence: Flattening Charge (I charge, both attacking and knocking the enemy prone; if I hit and have Bravura, I get the ability back)
- Enc if I get Resourceful Presence: Devastating Offensive (I attack, and then can slide the enemy one, and then slide an adjacent ally 3 squares into the enemy's emptied square--the ally then can make a basic melee attack; with Resourceful, they get + half my Cha modifier to the attack roll, which will currently be 1)
- Daily: Orchestrated Offensive (I attack a target; 2 allies within 5 of me may charge, basic attack, or shift their speed; though all attacks of this move must hit different enemies)

Thoughts?

I'll be there.

In terms of your character, do as you wish, it is your character after all. Though count me amongst those who find Brash Assault awesomesauce. Vengeance is mine is fantastic as well! Resourceful presence as well. :D Warlords are fun!

Oh, so I started a new game of Icewind Dale 2....

Is that like Baldur's Gate?

I'll weigh my moves over what having a reach weapon gains me, besides keeping me out of trouble. I mainly requested it for Commanding Strike, but with Direct the Strike, things are different. I'm more charismatic!

Nah. On avalanche online my screen name was Dream Goddess because I can lucid dream... Hence, I'm the goddess of my own dream worlds. :3 Dominatrix Regina Supreme is just a sexy nickname title.

Status
Not open for further replies.