[PC Game] Minecraft HF server info and game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
hey gas if there is anyway to move it in one piece I would be glad to move it out over the ocean where I am building my carrier. I didnt pay attention to how big it was until i was done. or even turn it so it is docked long way out over the bay. I Just kinda wanted airships docked at each place. planning to build more smaller air ships around the post.
Maybe a good project for you would be to build an airport behind the hospital. As for what you've built already, I can very easily copy/paste it anywhere you desire, so long as it doesn't go underground.

that sounds like a fair idea, I could remove the post and turn the red base where it is at into something less obtrusive. perhaps I should do the same with the carrier outline.

GasBandit

Staff member
I created a nether gate for Playa's rail station (funnily enough, it corresponds to the very edge of the hellfarm in the nether), and dug a tunnel from the hellfarm through to the nether portals for Gasbandia and Central Transit.

Couple things I'm thinking about -
Since minecarts and the nether are all functioning again, perhaps it is time to discontinue the use of warps?

And,

It's been a couple patches since we tried monsters... maybe we should have a day where we back up the server and test turning monsters on, and see if the performance problems are still there/as bad as they used to be.

Have they put in a way to ride mine carts THROUGH nether gates yet? I think that's going to be the big innovation of travel, if they ever implement it.

Broken link for me; rehosted image:

Also, I have to say I love the warp gates, but if you want to turn them off, sounds good to me. Same with monsters.

R

Raidrinn

When monsters come back and we can start actually doing something other than building, I will be back.
I have to agree, it was fun building for awhile, but I just kinda ran out of the drive. I've had more fun on my personal box with monsters than anything else. It's possible that the missing challenge or lack of purpose the game seems to have right now just turned me off.

GasBandit

Staff member
I propose then that this weekend we try a "stress test" with monsters on. I will make a special server backup and then flip the setting and reboot the server say saturday morning (US time)... and we see if it still brings the server to its knees.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm not interested in upgrading until there's an update for the server as well, personally. That's a bell that's a little bit of a pain to un-ring.

figmentPez

Staff member
There's a mod out there that allows you to choose what .jar file to use when booting. I haven't used it myself, but I've heard it mentioned several times on The Shaft podcast.

Thus far things are looking pretty good. There's not any more lag due to mobs that I've noticed. That's only with two people on the server, though.

GasBandit

Staff member
keep trying, it's been shitty the last few days (the minecraft central validation server I mean)
Added at: 13:29
I am noticing a LOT more missing chunks.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well now it's not letting me back in either. heh
Added at: 13:47
So far the statistics say memory use is about the same, and CPU useage doubled... hopefully it will be ok.

GasBandit

Staff member
Minecraft Master Server Issues
Sep 10 2011 22:13:16 by Wahrheit
We are currently aware of an issue with the Minecraft login servers by Mojang being offline which is preventing all users across all gameserver providers from logging in to their servers. We will update this post when the servers are online, and you can also follow Mollstam on Twitter.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Weird being back on after so long. But cool. And interesting with monsters. I'm glad I had some (a lot) of extra wheat for bread!

GasBandit

Staff member
Only issue I have noticed with monsters is they are spawning on the minecart tracks. Dunno if there is anything we can do about that though :(
Unfortunately not. Minecart Mania was the mod that did damage from moving minecarts, it isn't available in craftbook. The best you can do is keep your tracks well lit, fence them in or suspend them above the ground.

Unfortunately not. Minecart Mania was the mod that did damage from moving minecarts, it isn't available in craftbook. The best you can do is keep your tracks well lit, fence them in or suspend them above the ground.
They are spawning on the mid-air line between central transit and playa/the new hub. That struck me as kinda odd. Creepers no less. really glad world guard is flagged to keep them from popping the lines.

GasBandit

Staff member
They are spawning on the mid-air line between central transit and playa/the new hub. That struck me as kinda odd. Creepers no less. really glad world guard is flagged to keep them from popping the lines.
Well, I suppose that would explain it.. the playa line is unlit. It'll be a big project to light them. In the meantime, there's now a relatively secure (glass-enclosed) rail line between central transit and playa through the nether, if you need a non-warp fast travel route.

Status
Not open for further replies.