[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Rip the only clean pair of underwear? Check.
Put pants on inside out? Check.
Put belt on inside out? Check.
Trip and fall in bedroom losing phone under bed? Check.
Hit every red light on way to work? Check.
Late for work? Check.

Car still needs at least $100 more in work to pass inspection. This time to patch a hole in right front rocker panel. My sister already helped with the exhaust, so she's gone above and beyond herself, but I'm beyond fingernails. I was already behind on bills before.

@#$%^&!!

Covid cases in Belgium are now up to 400 new per day - up from 100 less than a week ago. Awesome going guys, that's really responsible, saying things like "nah, I'm not wearing my mask, it's advised but not obligated, if it was necessary they'd make it a legal requirement right? I don't care".
My wedding is in TWO WEEKS. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER YOU APES. Measures were supposed to be loosened further, tht isn't happening, it's been tightened a bit but not at all enough. Now we have to hope they won't tighten further because we have 99 people attending and the current max is 100. Any further restrictions and we're fucked. And with tourists coming back and being completely irresponsible "What, quarantine at home? No man, I'm going out to celebrate with my buddies this evening!", it's going to get a lot worse, soon. We're heading straight into a huge second wave because people can't control themselves and too many young people are just being stupid. Stupid. Stupid. STUPID.

Well, looks like we're going back down to 50. That'll be fun, explaining to 50 uncles and aunts and friends and whatever over the phone that they're being disinvited from our wedding.
Awesome. Way to go dipshits.

I know I'm nagging, but this one really hits me. The dance party can't go on on the same date? Fine. People'll have to wear a mask going to the bathroom? Fine. People have to wear a mask in the wedding room of city hall and only 30 people can attend? Fine.
But now it looks like we'll be postponing the entire thing, minus city hall, to "some unspecified later date" and city hall will be 30 people and masks for everyone - yes, that means no "you may now kiss the bride", I asked. And I know city hall is, you know, the official bit, but without ceremony and some sort of reception it's pretty much no different from just signing a contract, it's supposed to be a big festive day, the biggest day of your life and stuff and that's all just whisked away and it isn't because we don't know what's going on, it's because too many people are DICKS WHO CANT FOLLOWING FUCKING RECOMMENDATIONS and nwo I'm sitting here looking outside and I see 3-4 young guys walking side by side talking and drinking beer and I just want to go outside and fucking smash their mouths in because their irresponsibility is why my wedding day is pretty much ruined. Our second date in October is starting to look less and less plausible, too, and having a wedding ceremony a year after the wedding just isn't the same, it's a vow renewal or whatever but it's not your actual start you know and it is just pissing me off to no end. I' mreally a bit surprised at how much this gets to me, I'm not usually one for the symbolic stuff but this just hits me in the wrong way on the wrong time. There's stress and emotion and frustration enough and now the light bits to look forward to are just being put out and it's really....GAH.

I know I'm nagging, but this one really hits me. The dance party can't go on on the same date? Fine. People'll have to wear a mask going to the bathroom? Fine. People have to wear a mask in the wedding room of city hall and only 30 people can attend? Fine.
But now it looks like we'll be postponing the entire thing, minus city hall, to "some unspecified later date" and city hall will be 30 people and masks for everyone - yes, that means no "you may now kiss the bride", I asked. And I know city hall is, you know, the official bit, but without ceremony and some sort of reception it's pretty much no different from just signing a contract, it's supposed to be a big festive day, the biggest day of your life and stuff and that's all just whisked away and it isn't because we don't know what's going on, it's because too many people are DICKS WHO CANT FOLLOWING FUCKING RECOMMENDATIONS and nwo I'm sitting here looking outside and I see 3-4 young guys walking side by side talking and drinking beer and I just want to go outside and fucking smash their mouths in because their irresponsibility is why my wedding day is pretty much ruined. Our second date in October is starting to look less and less plausible, too, and having a wedding ceremony a year after the wedding just isn't the same, it's a vow renewal or whatever but it's not your actual start you know and it is just pissing me off to no end. I' mreally a bit surprised at how much this gets to me, I'm not usually one for the symbolic stuff but this just hits me in the wrong way on the wrong time. There's stress and emotion and frustration enough and now the light bits to look forward to are just being put out and it's really....GAH.
I've had at least a few friends that just got the city hall marriage done, then did the celebration/fancy wedding much later, mostly due to money constraints. This was also for tax purposes or being able to share insurance more than anything though. :p

It's a virtual hug because, y'know, I'm all sweaty from raking leaves and I'm in Canada and also that whole... Thing, but... Hug, Owl-Buddy. Hug.

Well, looks like we're going back down to 50. That'll be fun, explaining to 50 uncles and aunts and friends and whatever over the phone that they're being disinvited from our wedding.
Awesome. Way to go dipshits.
Someone I know had a similar problem. He and his wife had to substantially downsize their wedding because a close family member had died unexpectedly, and it was considered inauspicious to have a wedding at the time, so he publicly and openly disinvited everyone, making sure he explained why no wedding was going to happen now, and that he was not playing favorites with any of the guests. And then he quietly re-invited just a handful of people for their courtroom wedding, and told everyone not to post anything on social media.

So we got the green lgiht from the venue - 100 people coudl go through! Huzzzah! They got the agreement from the city!
Followed by a provincial decree two hours later saying that all private parties or events are banned for the coming 4 weeks. So, sucks to be us, I guess.
Could you different government levels try and display some semblance of coherence? That'd be nice. 'cause now I'm o nthe verge of tears all over again while I was feeling like "ok, there'll be some changes but we can Make it Work" a few hours agao and the emotional yo-yo is really eating me up right now.
MyGF wants to postpone everything but city hall, but to me, that just means our actual wedding won't be in two weeks, but whenever the fuck we can actually do the rest.

Oh hey, my girlfriend's goddaughter, who is supposed to be our flower maiden, just barely-didn't-break her foot, and will probably still be in spalks in two weeks.
I'm starting to get the feeling someone doesn't want this wedding.

Oh hey, my girlfriend's goddaughter, who is supposed to be our flower maiden, just barely-didn't-break her foot, and will probably still be in spalks in two weeks.
I don’t even know what to say! I’m so sorry that all of this is happening.

You may not get the wedding you want... shit happens.

My wife and i were gonna have a big wedding in a Victorian mansion. 6 weeks before the wedding, she was diagnosed with cervical cancer and had a quick emergency hysterectomy. Which meant she couldn't stand for long periods and definitely no dramatic stairway entrance. We had to quickly rethink everything. We cut the guest list to about 20, lost the deposit on the venue, and did it in the back yard.

We both have amazing and fond memories of the day. Do what you gotta do and make a commitment and bond with the one you wanna grow old with. Even if your perfect planning has to change because of events outside your control.

I know, and the main thing is the getting married to the person I want to marry, and all. It's still painful and emotional to see the best laid plans etc

@Bubble181 - things end up going wrong during weddings. People don't show, or you argue over who's coming, or - in my case - you're not sure you can get off for your own honeymoon after the wedding.

Hopefully, it will be something that you can laugh together about years and years from now, when you have owlets by your feet.

@Bubble181 - things end up going wrong during weddings. People don't show, or you argue over who's coming, or - in my case - you're not sure you can get off for your own honeymoon after the wedding.

Hopefully, it will be something that you can laugh together about years and years from now, when you have owlets by your feet.
Whoa now, no intention of owlettes here :p but thanks

Federal government has reduced our social bubbles back down to 5 people per family, for the next 4 weeks minimum. Receptions and banquets limited to 10 people. So much for the wedding ceremony. 5 people means we literally won't even be able to get a hug and kiss from our parents after exchanging the vows. :thumbsdown:

GasBandit

Staff member
Work: "You need to make sure you are clocked out for lunch at least 30 mins per day, and not do ANY WORK while you're clocked out for lunch."
Also work: "It's 11:30, I'm on site and too dumb to figure out what's going on, let's call GasBandit while he's at lunch and have him baby step me through this for 45 minutes."

Pick a lane, work.

Work: "You need to make sure you are clocked out for lunch at least 30 mins per day, and not do ANY WORK while you're clocked out for lunch."
Also work: "It's 11:30, I'm on site and too dumb to figure out what's going on, let's call GasBandit while he's at lunch and have him baby step me through this for 45 minutes."

Pick a lane, work.
I know your pain.

When I started my job I ate lunch in my car so I could avoid picking up the phones without being perceived as a bad worker. Now I just don't give a fuck.

Pick a lane, work.
This is the time when you step out for lunch/turn off your phone for lunch.

GasBandit

Staff member
When I started my job I ate lunch in my car so I could avoid picking up the phones without being perceived as a bad worker. Now I just don't give a fuck.
This is the time when you step out for lunch/turn off your phone for lunch.
The problem is, if I don't answer the phone, the dude calling me will just move on to the next guy down his list of "people to call" and the guy below me on the list literally fucks everything up. So, I can answer the call now, or spend 3 hours driving out there to unfuck whatever the dipshit told the wrenchturner on the phone to do, later.