[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

I asked for sex and it was met with a "meh" and a shrug and I didn't know how to really respond to that, so after a few more minutes of just cuddling I casually pulled away to reach for my phone but stayed away really because I just didn't want to keep touching her anymore. I kinda... think I'm done. Usually I'm given a minimal "I don't feel like it right now" but this just felt so dismissive. At best incredibly tone deaf, given how frequently I've talked to her about feeling like I need more intimacy. I keep rereading the "Wishing for Divorce Often" thread in the health & advice subforum and identifying with that as being my future life if I stay and go through with marrying this girl. It's clear that she and I don't have compatible physical needs and probably never will. I wish I had ended things in California last year and gone to Kansas starting a completely fresh life by myself instead of bringing her with me. It's like I'm wasting my most energetic years on someone who leaves me feeling like she's not even attracted to me 90% of the time.
I feel for you, and I understand the frustration, but at the same time I can't help but also see it from the other side. I'm personally asexual, and I've been in relationships where sex becomes something that is almost like an obligation, and that can be incredibly anxiety inducing. Feeling like you're being shut out of intimacy fucking sucks, but it can also suck to feel like you have a chore to do that you don't want to, or even if you -do- want to maybe just not right now. It's a complex situation and people are complex organisms, so I really wish I had some advice to give other than shit's complex, yo.

Twas more like a built-in slide in place flashlight type deally bop with the plastic strap, but informative none the less!
Thing is, if the plastic strap is attached using that sort of knot, it's just as easy to remove as what you saw in the video by looping the loop over the flashlight. Nothing even needs to be cut or unraveled, just one quick *shoop* and it's off.

--Patrick

It's always fun to reminisce with my brother and both of us get worked up unearthing long forgotten memories about just how shit our childhoods were.

AND-the IRS needs me to verify my god damn identity, and FUN FACT-I can't use my god damned Debit card to DO so! Guess I'll call the-OH WAIT-they're closed a half hour early BECAUSE OF COURSE THEY FUCKING ARE!

Boy do I love it when I'm given a case that's scheduled for literally one-tenth the amount of time I'd need to actually do it well.

Boy do I love meetings that are basically just an excuse for one person to show off how much they know about a certain topic, which only has a tenuous connection to what we actually do on a day to day basis. I especially like it when the aforesaid individual goes off on random tangents, none of which is relevant to anything at all. And I particularly like it when this meeting ends up about twice as long as it needs to be, which compresses the amount of time I have to actually get my work done.

Boy do I love it when I'm given a case that's scheduled for literally one-tenth the amount of time I'd need to actually do it well.
Boy do I love meetings that are basically just an excuse for one person to show off how much they know about a certain topic, which only has a tenuous connection to what we actually do on a day to day basis. I especially like it when the aforesaid individual goes off on random tangents, none of which is relevant to anything at all. And I particularly like it when this meeting ends up about twice as long as it needs to be, which compresses the amount of time I have to actually get my work done.
I gotta say, I don't think I'd love either of those things. Different strokes, I suppose.

I love the meeting that gets scheduled and rescheduled 8-10 times. A meeting that we don’t need to have in the first place really. If you invite 10-12 people, not all can join. Move on.

My in-laws have all the manners and grace of a pack of goats. Lip-smacking, mouth-breathing, talking with food in their mouth, loud, materialistic, interrupting others when they’re talking, rude comment making, disgusting goats.

It drives me nuts.

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
I clicked on a Scrubs video on YouTube. Turns out the thumbnail was misleading. It was Gray's Anatomy. Fuck.

Now YouTube is going to think I like that stupid show and is going to suggest all sorts of clips from it. FUCK!

This is also helpful if gross political stuff makes it into your feed. Hit don't recommend channel for that.
I watched a bunch of WandaVision videos. And YT thought I wanted to hear a bunch of whiny men bitch about Allison Brie and Rey from Star Wars. I hit don't recommend at least 20 times.

This is also helpful if gross political stuff makes it into your feed. Hit don't recommend channel for that.
Ugh, I wish I knew that a few months ago. I kept seeing suggested Trump videos and I wanted to yell at my phone how very off those suggestions were.

Ugh, I wish I knew that a few months ago. I kept seeing suggested Trump videos and I wanted to yell at my phone how very off those suggestions were.
I get the same thing, but based on IP address. I don't even have to watch any videos first! :eek:

--Patrick

I watched a bunch of WandaVision videos. And YT thought I wanted to hear a bunch of whiny men bitch about Allison Brie and Rey from Star Wars. I hit don't recommend at least 20 times.
Yeah, this was happening to me. Kept trying to point me to The Quartering and white supremacist shit.

We had a parent-teacher conference for a student today. It was supposed to start at 9am. The mom showed up, but the dad was MIA and the mom the didn't know why.

At 9:25 the dad joins the Google Meet and immediately complains that he hasn't had a chance to meet with his son's teachers for a conference.

Seriously, go fuck yourself. We reached out to have a conference back in October, and you confirmed but then didn't show up. We emailed you numerous times throughout the year and you never responded. And you get weekly emails detailing your kid's progress (or lack thereof).

Now you finally appear just to complain that we aren't doing our part?!

Seriously, fuck that guy. Mr. Z's schedule makes it hard for him to be on top of Li'l Z's schooling, but even in pre-school, if we had to meet with Li'l Z's teachers for any reason, it was "all hands on deck" and he would move everything he could to be there. I remember Li'l Z's teacher and I watching him sprint through the school parking lot because traffic made him late for an annual parent-teacher conference last year.

I do not understand kind of attitude. This year Li'l Z's teacher has additional remote meetings with the kids afterschool, and once I made him -10 minutes late (traffic and a time-sensitive errands), and the first words out of my mouth when he signed on were, "I'm so sorry! It's my fault we're late!".

Broke Covid protocol to go say goodbye to my best friend's family before they move to Kamloops tomorrow. Gonna miss those folks. The 3 boys who remind me so much of my brothers and I at that age.

GasBandit

Staff member
Spent most of the day fixing the fuckups of the guy who always fucks things up at work (but never gets held accountable, no matter how many 5 digit dollar value fuckups he makes). At least this time, I caught him trying to push 2 2400 watt speakers with a 300 watt amp in the design phase, instead of after they'd been bought.

I mean, it's not gonna be a problem assuming you're never going to turn the volume above 10%, right?

You have me wondering now how often he changes his oil, or if he ever bothers to check his anode rod. Or even knows what one is.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean, it's not gonna be a problem assuming you're never going to turn the volume above 10%, right?

You have me wondering now how often he changes his oil, or if he ever bothers to check his anode rod. Or even knows what one is.

--Patrick
Oh, and he was also trying to push these two twelve inch, 2400 watt, 8 ohm speakers with 18 gauge wire from that 300 watt (150 per channel) amp.

Granted, they're 600w continuous, so we might could have gotten that volume to 25%.

I may not be awake enough yet, but isn't this a good thing? My old speakers were 200W, connected to a 70W amp. Didn't need to go above 3 out of 10 to reach painfully loud.

GasBandit

Staff member
I may not be awake enough yet, but isn't this a good thing? My old speakers were 200W, connected to a 70W amp. Didn't need to go above 3 out of 10 to reach painfully loud.
It was probably 200W peak, which means it was more like 50W continuous. You want your amp to be at least as powerful as the continuous (RMS) rating of all your speakers combined, or when you have your volume turned up all the way, you'll burn out your amp and probably blow your speakers too.

Also, Pro (indoor) AV is a little different from Car audio, in that most cars don't have digital signal processors with peak limiting compressors to protect the speakers from too much juice from the amps, whereas we always do in our installations.

Last edited: