[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

I've wasted a good hour this morning trying to reset the stupid Backspace key. I saw it was wobbly last night and didn't take proper care. Now it came off and will only click on one side when I try to set it. I even switched its parts with another key, but that one works fine, meaning there's something wrong with the plastic, not the frame beneath.

So now I'm learning to type perfectly without need of corrections... Might just put the Caps Lock key in its place. That'll tell me if it's really the plastic or something in the keyboard frame itself.

M

makare

I feel bad for my sister's ex stacey. She has become a family friend but we first met her when she was dating my sister. Her family treats her like crap. Even though her siblings are just useless crapfests her parents treat them better. I guess being meth addicts, child/spouse abusers and just general losers is ok but being gay is not. What the hell ever. We've adopted Stacey into our family. We definitely see her that way. But she is still taken advantage of by her siblings and parents. Right now her sister is taking back the trailer that Stacey was paying for. The sister owns it but Stacey has been paying for it for three years. It's just a crap thing to do to someone. Stacey is so hard working and such a good person I would just like a little good fortune to come her way.

Thanks Baer for pointing out I had put this in the wrong thread.... damn all you minors!

My employer's communication skills appear to have dried up and blown away in a wind storm. I just, within the last 10 minutes, got an email from HR announcing that they've switched payroll providers to ADP and that, because of that, our check tomorrow is going to be a live check, which they hope to mail out today (which means that, if I'm really really lucky, I might get it tomorrow, but will probably get it Friday or Saturday). This means that either a) my car insurance payment will bounce tomorrow, or b) my car insurance payment will go through before my rent check comes out and my rent check will bounce.

My company just completely fucked me, and if they'd let us know ahead of time it wouldn't have happened, because I could have made an arrangement to get funds into the account from our BoA account to prevent the problem. Yay team.

GasBandit

Staff member
My employer's communication skills appear to have dried up and blown away in a wind storm. I just, within the last 10 minutes, got an email from HR announcing that they've switched payroll providers to ADP and that, because of that, our check tomorrow is going to be a live check, which they hope to mail out today (which means that, if I'm really really lucky, I might get it tomorrow, but will probably get it Friday or Saturday). This means that either a) my car insurance payment will bounce tomorrow, or b) my car insurance payment will go through before my rent check comes out and my rent check will bounce.

My company just completely fucked me, and if they'd let us know ahead of time it wouldn't have happened, because I could have made an arrangement to get funds into the account from our BoA account to prevent the problem. Yay team.
Can you call your insurance company and explain the situation? Sometimes they'll hold off on cashing. Or, abarring that, your Landlord?

Wound up just calling my mom and borrowing the funds to cover the insurance until I can get the check and deposit it, and transfer the funds back. I just cannot fathom how poorly communicated the change was; but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Ever since the "merger" when some guy bought the company out about a year ago, the whole thing has gone downhill. My first priority when I get home tonight is going to be making sure my resume is all polished up and starting a serous job search.

Wound up just calling my mom and borrowing the funds to cover the insurance until I can get the check and deposit it, and transfer the funds back. I just cannot fathom how poorly communicated the change was; but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Ever since the "merger" when some guy bought the company out about a year ago, the whole thing has gone downhill. My first priority when I get home tonight is going to be making sure my resume is all polished up and starting a serous job search.
Was it Robert California?

Jet started day care today.

I am now wandering from room to room in my house, like the half insane homeless, wondering what I should be doing.

Hah, so I let work know my last day would be June 18, as I'm moving back to CA at the end of the month. I told them early last week. I was at work for all of 45 minutes today, and I guess they'd decided today would be a much better last day. I'm not mad, just kind of disappointed that busting my ass for 3 years paid off in a "we're gonna let you go, go ahead and punch out." Now to figure out what the hell to do with myself for almost 3 weeks besides pack.

So today I showed up to work, promptly went to the washroom, threw up in the toilet, told my manager, and came home.

Jet is now home...his first day was cut a little short when he decided to play Jedi with anothe boy.

The other boy wasn't a good swords man.

Oops. :S

S

SeraRelm

"So hey, all that work you put in to making your store look perfect? Wasted effort, that corporate visit isn't happening."

"So hey, all that work you put in to making your store look perfect? Wasted effort, that corporate visit isn't happening."
I lost track of how often this happened at my now ex-work. They'd swear up and down the owners or some big-time manager was coming, and then after like three days of scrubbing and cleaning and shit they'd decide to go to another local store instead.

S

SeraRelm

It happens all the time, yeah, but it's just more annoying this time. We had the schedule revolving around this, emails were sent out, etc.

Jet is now home...his first day was cut a little short when he decided to play Jedi with anothe boy.

The other boy wasn't a good swords man.

Oops. :S
Nothing to do with being a good swordsman. Everybody knows the good guy always wins! Congratulations, he's one of the good guys!

It's a lot of responsibility, being an owner. Lotta meetings, public appearances, financials, posing for pictures, checking emails. It's a wonder any owning actually gets done.

--Patrick

North_Ranger

Staff member
Today was supposed to be the Medieval Market actors' annual picnic.

It was cold and rainy so people decided to go into a bar instead. Oh poo.

Now what am I supposed to do with this chocolate marble cake?

North_Ranger

Staff member
Allen, my mother made that cake. I especially asked for it.

Now, I don't know about yo' momma, but I'm not gonna go test the wrath of mine that way :p

S

SeraRelm

Had to fill out a bunch of shit because some stupid kid was trying to trade in stuff he stole from us. How do I know this? The stuff he was trading in looked brand new and we were missing the exact things he was trading in... And I know we had them 2 days ago.

M

makare

I don't know how dumb previous hires were at the job I have, but my boss seriously needs to stop assuming I don't know basic stuff. For example, I do know the difference between internet and intranet.

They might have been pretty dumb. Goddamn is this a boring job. I am again working at a call center but this time I am calling out. I am doing a study for the department of health. Now I get to call people and annoy them. I am already missing redbox.