Minor victory thread

Went to the used video game store I sold a big batch of records to in June. A number of them were still there...

I'd picked up a few others a couple weeks before. Safe to assume there probably wasn't a second Dutch import copy of the first Camel album floating around town, nor a German import of I Can See Your House From Here with Jerry's Records stickers on the plastic sleeve. :D

I want hot pink headphones to match my iPad case in a certain style. I thought it was a dream, much like the bilingual engineer with an accounting designation I long to hire, but no! They are real and are now mine.
image.jpeg

GasBandit

Staff member
Managed to book a flight from my little podunk regional airport up to DIA to go see the folks easter weekend for only $216 all told. That's like... pre 9-11 prices.

So I guess the trigger is pulled on that vacation, huh.

Managed to book a flight from my little podunk regional airport up to DIA to go see the folks easter weekend for only $216 all told. That's like... pre 9-11 prices.

Yeah, prices for domestic flights are at an all time low because everyone is using the travel sites to find the cheapest times to fly or just not going. I flew to Portland from Ohio for less than $450 round trip... sure, I had that -8- hour layover on the way back but the price was right.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, prices for domestic flights are at an all time low because everyone is using the travel sites to find the cheapest times to fly or just not going. I flew to Portland from Ohio for less than $450 round trip... sure, I had that -8- hour layover on the way back but the price was right.
I tried going to cheaptickets and expedia, but they cost twice as much as what I found on skyscanner... so there you go, folks. Consider that my endorsement.

Took a bit until I realized that you probably meant Dulles International Airport rather than Detroit Institute of Arts.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I'd say come visit, but you're going the wrong way down I-25 when you leave the airport. ;)
Actually, I won't be going to the Springs, the shindig is in Grand Junction this time. But I think that's still the wrong way. Also I'm likely to be travelling by Cessna 182 rather than car for that leg of the trip. But you never know!

EPIC WIN: We found out the gender of my our baby (girl)

EPIC FAIL: My wife just caused 100 bucks in damage to our car

final result: Minor victory?

fade

Staff member
We are preparing to move and we decided to sell my kids' DSs since they have not touched them in a long time. Anyway some of these games went on eBay for waaaaaaaaaay more than I paid for them. Like Pokemon HeartGold. I got that one in a pile of games from Craigslist I paid maybe $30 for and this game alone sold for $50! Not sure why, but I'll take it.

We got our new kitten! It's not kitten season so it's very rare for shelters to have any. The only male kitten I could find was in a county branch quite a ways from our house. I feel strongly about adopting from shelters.

So we left early and got there a while before they opened and waited around and talked to an employee. The adoption worker came just before they opened and asked if I was the one she had been messaging, and I was, and she let us in to meet him. I am so glad we were there right away! We went right to him and adopted him. At least five other families were there for him within moments. My nerves!!

We got our new kitten! It's not kitten season so it's very rare for shelters to have any. The only male kitten I could find was in a county branch quite a ways from our house. I feel strongly about adopting from shelters.

So we left early and got there a while before they opened and waited around and talked to an employee. The adoption worker came just before they opened and asked if I was the one she had been messaging, and I was, and she let us in to meet him. I am so glad we were there right away! We went right to him and adopted him. At least five other families were there for him within moments. My nerves!!
Well?

Where are the pics?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I love how kittens always have this "I've been up all night but I've got coffee now so I'm good to go!" kind of look about them.

Seeing someone for the first time in...a long time. Would be in the epic win thread if I weren't so up in my own head about how well it's going.

Had a second date with a girl, and she wants a third date next weekend. She plays Dungeons & Dragons, likes Firefly, and appreciates Golden Age cinema (this date was watching Maltese Falcon on the big screen). I haven't asked if she likes comics yet, but this warrants further investigation.

fade

Staff member
All the mortgage stuff for the new house is approved. We decided to go with a 15 year mortgage instead of 30. It's remarkable how little it affects the monthly payment, which just goes to show you how much you pay in interest on a 30 year.