Minor victory thread

Oooooh, you got the new Real View app that shows everyone how the world looks through your eyes without corrective lenses! I downloaded it and it crashes every time I try to use it.

Dave

Staff member
I closed on a new house in North Carolina, completed my last major field exercise with the Army, and I am all set to Retire in November.
Been watching this with interest on Facebook. I'm so glad you're doing well. Kerri and I miss seeing you every year.

Over the past couple of weeks I have made a concerted effort to get my gmail inbox under control. Just picking away at it in short increments. I've had the account for... 15 years, and have never really filed or deleted anything en mass.
I started at over 10,000 messages in the inbox. I'm now down to less than 300. I'd love to get it down to <50 though, so I still have some work to do.

I have to save piles of emails until reports are issued. It’s lovely when I’m able to delete a pile. At work. I clearly don’t manage my personal email as shown above :)

So....every indication I have so far is that I'll be in the DFW for work in August.
Such a lovely time of year to visit DFW. The air temp is over 100f, the concrete is radiating 100f at midnight, the dry parched earth has baked into a brick that is still 90f at midnight. But the wind is blowing like a convection oven so that your sweat dries instantly.

Good luck though.

Such a lovely time of year to visit DFW. The air temp is over 100f, the concrete is radiating 100f at midnight, the dry parched earth has baked into a brick that is still 90f at midnight. But the wind is blowing like a convection oven so that your sweat dries instantly.

Good luck though.
Hah, I lived in Texas for 40+ years. I know all about it.

It's so nice living in civilization again (In Ashburn, VA now until the Texas thing comes together).

And by "civilization" I mean "able to order lunch from Door Dash because I'm stuck in meetings and can't leave the office for more than a couple of minutes at a time"

I recently replaced my work laptop that was getting increasingly unusable due to lag/general sluggishness. The new one is smaller, lighter, newer, and admittedly has less memory. But it was cheap, it is fast, and I don't care.

As a result of this lack of concern for the machine's resale value (or something?) I have been decorating it. I have never put any identifying marks on a computer before in my life, so this is a big deal for me.

I applied what I think is the last sticker today, and I share the results with you all.
PXL_20210607_131626222.MP.jpg

I recently replaced my work laptop that was getting increasingly unusable due to lag/general sluggishness. The new one is smaller, lighter, newer, and admittedly has less memory. But it was cheap, it is fast, and I don't care.

As a result of this lack of concern for the machine's resale value (or something?) I have been decorating it. I have never put any identifying marks on a computer before in my life, so this is a big deal for me.

I applied what I think is the last sticker today, and I share the results with you all.
View attachment 38027
Argh the Aperture sticker is slightly crooked! Either make it decently off-grid like Eve's quote, or line it up properly, but looking at that would drive me to madness!

Or already has, whichever.

Argh the Aperture sticker is slightly crooked! Either make it decently off-grid like Eve's quote, or line it up properly, but looking at that would drive me to madness!

Or already has, whichever.
I know, I wasn't organized enough (or have a good enough eye) to get it perfect.