Minor victory thread

Pat? I mean this sincerely, but Fuck You.

It is currently 92 fucking degrees outside. I'd feel even more miserable if I went outside. Hell, I think that's why both Sar and I had issues today because we thought we could get away with leaving the windows open. N-O-P-E, Nope nope nope.

Part of it was my fault for turning the AC up and then taking a shower and as soon as I stepped out OMG WHY AM I SHIVERING?

The unit I'm working at is now on high needs pay for nurses so that means for every hour of overtime I work this month I get an extra $10 an hour, so I'm working a lot of OT this month once I'm off covid leave on Thursday

I went swimming at the lane pool in town for the first time in like 10 years. Lifeguard remarked how fast I swim. My stupidly big palms and spidery fingers are good for something I guess. Arachnodactyly babay!

I went swimming at the lane pool in town for the first time in like 10 years. Lifeguard remarked how fast I swim. My stupidly big palms and spidery fingers are good for something I guess. Arachnodactyly babay!
You're really a silkie?

1634572829785.png

Minor victory? I woulda put it in the epic win, but the more I worked with this thing, the more crooked looking he became. When I first put on the eyes and stuffed the base piece, he was pretty symmetric. I think as I wove in other pieces, it must've bunched up the polyfill inside, to make him crooked. So I ended up tacking the ears on off-center to hopefully give him the look of a fox tilting his head.

Still, considering I made it in a few days, only working an hour or two each sitting, I'm fairly proud that I was able to complete it at all. I haven't crocheted in like 45 years, and I didn't really remember a thing. All the movements felt familiar, but I still had to refer to instructional videos a lot.

I'm sure that eventually I'll be able to make a magic ring to start the pieces in 1 try, instead of the 4 or 5 I need now. Especially on those ears. Magic rings on black yarn are evil...I hadda get out a very bright camping light, and the magnifying goggles I use for my Metal Earth miniature models in order to see the stitches I needed to get under to crochet the second row.

Last edited:
View attachment 39186

Minor victory? I woulda put it in the epic win, but the more I worked with this thing, the more crooked looking he became. When I first put on the eyes and stuffed the base piece, he was pretty symmetric. I think as I wove in other pieces, it must've bunched up the polyfill inside, to make him crooked. So I ended up tacking the ears on off-center to hopefully give him the look of a fox tilting his head.

Still, considering I made it in a few days, only working an hour or two each sitting, I'm fairly proud that I was able to complete it at all. I haven't crocheted in like 45 years, and I didn't really remember a thing. All the movements felt familiar, but I still had to refer to instructional videos a lot.

I'm sure that eventually I'll be able to make a magic ring to start the pieces in 1 try, instead of the 4 or 5 I need now. Especially on those ears. Magic rings on black yarn are evil...I hadda get out a very bright camping light, and the magnifying goggles I use for my Metal Earth miniature models in order to see the stitches I needed to get under to crochet the second row.
That is freakin' adorable!

1 - that's super cute

2 - magic rings are evil, I cannot for the life of me get them to work - no matter how many tutorials on YouTube I watch. Luckily, the most complex things I've been making are cat toys, so it doesn't really matter.

1 - that's super cute

2 - magic rings are evil, I cannot for the life of me get them to work - no matter how many tutorials on YouTube I watch. Luckily, the most complex things I've been making are cat toys, so it doesn't really matter.
This is the tutorial I used. I can make them, eventually...but not as easily as the lady here. I've found the Woobles videos better than some of the other videos I was using to try to pick this hobby back up. Maybe it'll help.

Dog tongues only cure dog diseases, human tongues cure human diseases. It's like you don't even care about medicine. You probably knocked that vial over in that lab in Wuhan.
I did no such thing! I may have been playing with Woofles when he knocked it over with his tail, but I closed it right back up!

Wait, I thought that was dog tongues. I've been letting dogs lick my face every day for nothing?! :aaah:
I would take over the licking your face bit for you Bubs, but your dogs inform me that an important part of the ritual involves the lickee licking their own asshole first and I'm not that flexible.