New PETure Thread (aka: Pet Pic Thead)

I've been taking care of my ex's cats while she gets her new apartment ready for them.

Today, I opened all the windows because it's 10 C outside.

They immediately started playing King of the Castle.

View attachment 47458
And now they're gone. My ex came to pick them up today (as scheduled and discussed a week in advance).

I've been on a much-needed cleaning spree for the last several hours. Sweeping, mopping, de-furring furniture. The scratching post in the picture was mine, so I put it in the closet, along with a leftover cleaned litterbox and other cat stuff.

But now...I kind of miss them. They were all annoying in their own ways, but they were all sweet cats. The kitten, Raka, (on the lower ledge in the pic) couldn't clean herself well, so she kept butt-scooting across my rug, leaving...streaks. I sure a hell won't miss that. But the big white one, Luna, was a cuddle monster. I'll miss our nightly routine of giving him belly rubs before I went to sleep. Booder, the one on the left, was constantly howling, but she made for a great lap cat.

I'm worried about Booder the most, actually. She's about 15 years old and she's showing similar signs for kidney failure as Diomedes did. Excessive drinking, large deposits of pee in the litter, losing a lot of weight. I've told my ex all about it and highly recommend she have Booder's kidneys checked as soon as possible. She's not my cat, so there's not much more I can do for her, but I'm still worried.

And now the place feels...kind of too quiet and too empty. I won't rush to get a cat or two because I definitely need a break, but now I'm more tempted than ever to get new furry friends. Definitely not three. Three is too much for a 1-bedroom apartment. Maybe a bonded pair of male cats, though. I've learned now from having two female cats that I really don't like when they're in heat. It's far too much noise for my liking, especially at night.

Ruff & Tuff Update!

Tuff is still mostly in hiding. He came out and explored with his brother a little bit last night, and had some food, but he hasn't eaten anything yet today, which worries me. His foster mom said that's normal for the first week, especially with semi-feral cats.

Ruff is becoming increasingly affectionate. I've been playing with a little bit. He LOVES the laser pointer.

Earlier tonight, I was playing with him on the floor, laying on my belly. And he immediately...
20240311_195317.jpg

...climbed on my back!

Oh, and here they both are, showing interest in the laser pointer.
20240311_190433.jpg

Last edited: